• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spurs Exodus Thread

I wouldnt be surprised if Jenas went on a free. Simply because, after trying to flog him for 2-3 years and having no takers, even Levy probably realised that we wouldnt be able to sell him and therefore gave him away to take something like £5m off our wage bill (assuming he was say £65k or so and had 18 months left on his contract)

I'm no Jenas lover but he's a decent pro who could do a job for most of the bottom half of the table teams. To give him away for nothing just seems wrong.

He's been at Forest for months sucking up wages whilst lounging on his backside - don't expect anything from this guy again, he's a busted flush.

Feel sorry for Bentley - last few seasons can't have bee much fun for him. Unlucky/foolish to join us when we had a better player in his position. Has been shunted around here and there, as we try to offload him. Wasn't that long ago he was getting caps for England and touted as the next David Beckham. He deserves a place in a lower Premiership team at least - I'm sure he could still add value.

Do me a favour, you feel sorry for Bentley?!

He had numerous opportunities and threw it all away - more interested in banter and tricks than winning football matches with hard graft and simple, effective play.

Had it all, tinkled it all away...

I wouldnt be surprised if Jenas went on a free. Simply because, after trying to flog him for 2-3 years and having no takers, even Levy probably realised that we wouldnt be able to sell him and therefore gave him away to take something like £5m off our wage bill (assuming he was say £65k or so and had 18 months left on his contract)
I would not be surprised if we got no loan fee for Townsend but the deal was take Jenas or you can't have Townsend.
I think Harry wanted Scotty and possibly Bentley over Townsend and he was not exactly over the moon about JJ when interviewed on SSN.

Do me a favour, you feel sorry for Bentley?!

He had numerous opportunities and threw it all away - more interested in banter and tricks than winning football matches with hard graft and simple, effective play.

Had it all, tinkled it all away...

How has he tinkled it away? He has been injured for long periods AFAIK and Harry preferred others. I would not be surprised if he features in a Euro game.

Having said that I would not have bought him in the 1st place not even for half what we paid.

When does the Loan window open again for the Championship.. Is it this week? Any chance Bentley to Blackburn (or somewhere)!?

How has he tinkled it away? He has been injured for long periods AFAIK and Harry preferred others. I would not be surprised if he features in a Euro game.

Having said that I would not have bought him in the 1st place not even for half what we paid.

I said "more interested in banter and tricks than winning football matches with hard graft and simple, effective play."

When he got his chances he immediately tried the clever flicks that rarely come off, so he was extremely frustrating.

There were a couple of games where he played it simple and worked hard and he looked really good again... but it felt to me like he loved the London scene too much and didn't focus enough on improving his football contribution - based on hearsay and my opinion, not fact

Back