• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Just wondering if anyone has seen a good article on how Barca are financing the Nou Camp rebuild? For a club so much in debt already, does seem mad that they are currently undergoing this project. Wonder if they’ll get back to the nou camp in the stated timeline or if it will be a half finished project.

AhgHtnP.jpg

I didn't realise ITV had La Liga, Atletico 2 up against Real in the first 20 minutes.

Strange to see Morata actually score a goal but he's apparently been in good form alongside Greizman after his Barca nightmare. Two great crosses and finishes but defenders nearby for either.

Seems to be a rather large Benzema shaped hole in Real's line up, at times Modric has been the furthest player up for them and you've got the likes of Vasquez at RB, Kepa in nets....Bellingham isn't a striker either despite his amazing goal return, players don't seem to know what they're trying to do. It's only one bit of a game so not much to base it on really but they don't look like they'll do much in the CL this season.

10 in 10 for Bellingham for Real Madrid.

That's a 20 year old kid smashing it seemingly not bothered by a pressure of a high price tag. It's been great to see English players being able to go and thrive overseas whether it's youngsters like Jude or more experienced heads like Kane, both have swept away the notion of needing time to settle in.

They may be extreme examples which were always going to shine due to their quality but there's something about seeing English players stepping out of their comfort zone culture wise and experiencing new leagues, it's nice to see and feels new to me given that in my era of watching Ingerland, apart from Hargreaves who was half German nobody had played elsewhere.

10 in 10 for Bellingham for Real Madrid.

That's a 20 year old kid smashing it seemingly not bothered by a pressure of a high price tag. It's been great to see English players being able to go and thrive overseas whether it's youngsters like Jude or more experienced heads like Kane, both have swept away the notion of needing time to settle in.

They may be extreme examples which were always going to shine due to their quality but there's something about seeing English players stepping out of their comfort zone culture wise and experiencing new leagues, it's nice to see and feels new to me given that in my era of watching Ingerland, apart from Hargreaves who was half German nobody had played elsewhere.
Now watch Gareth Southgate play him as an inverted left back.

I knew I couldn't possibly make a positive comment about English players without someone jumping at the chance to take a swipe at Southgate (one semi final and then one final), this is why we can't have nice things :D
Results have been ok-ish, but should have been better, and the play is in no way reflecting the quality of the squad. It's like watching Spurs under Conte. Worse actually, because Southgate has far better players at his disposal.

Back