• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

An interesting read over the last few pages.
So where did it all end up?
Did Frenkie get paid, did he stay?
Did Barca sign their players?
Did Barca sell 25 years of rights?

That is crazy, I've been working for 26 years. When I started work we didn't have the internet, nor email, nor even a network. Just basic computers with basic Windows and File Manager. We had to walk from desk to desk to hand each other a 3.5" disk.
To be honest I can't even remember doing that, but I know we did it. I remember having a plastic case full of 3.5" disks that were the ongoing projects and the backup for the last few years.
I had to take the box of disks home to keep them safely stored offsite.
We used to print things out onto acetate and then drive into London to put the acetates onto overhead projectors to debrief our findings to clients.
That is what Barca have sold. The world will change massively in 25 years.

Frankie stayed. His situation was that some of his wages were deferred in his contract. So say he was on €400k a week, they agreed that he'd be paid €100k a week for 2 years, then bump his pay so he got €700k a week for the last 3 years (just guessing on figures). They wanted to sell him to get out of that. As he is staying they hsve no choice but to pay. Uefa would take it out of any cl money if they don't.

Barca registered everyone.

Yes they sold loads of stuff. It was 4 levers so you'll have to google what was finally sold.

Wow it's all going off in spain. Barca looking very likely to be knocked out of the cl. Which they had budgeted to get to the quarters. Already on a rocky road.

Then you have la liga not getting paid their tv money by bein sports. Which they have gone to court over and frozen some of beins assets in spain. Bein just happens to be owned by Nasser al-Khelaifi owner of psg, whom la liga, barca and madrid have been at war with recently. Could bein tear up the deal and massively cripple the spanish clubs? It happened in france.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/12/sports/soccer/javier-tebas-psg-bein.html

Lastly, la liga clubs are threatening to go on strike due to some new sports law being brought in. Not exactly sure what the details are the article is not the best. Part to do with the law not stopping clubs joining the super league.
https://en.as.com/soccer/laliga-clubs-threaten-to-go-on-strike-n/?omnil=resrelrecomv

Could be interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
Real Madrid have signed Endrick from Palmeiras for €72m. He's 16! Will join from 2024 when he's 18.
Absolute madness! He's very good, no doubt, but still!
That said, they did the same thing with Vinícius Jr (42m) and that turned out pretty well.

Real Madrid have signed Endrick from Palmeiras for €72m. He's 16! Will join from 2024 when he's 18.
That said, they did the same thing with Vinícius Jr (42m) and that turned out pretty well.

The madness is the rumours they've guaranteed him to start and won't go for haaland or mbappe.
Doubt the rumours are true though.

But it's probably 500m cheaper than the bullsh1te Mpabbe rumours/deal and alot less than Haaland

But it's probably 500m cheaper than the bullsh1te Mpabbe rumours/deal and alot less than Haaland

Not sure they are flimflam. How much did qatar spend on the world cup? Having neymar, mbappe, messi and beckham as ambassadors still would only be a fraction of the cost.

Not sure they are flimflam. How much did qatar spend on the world cup? Having neymar, mbappe, messi and beckham as ambassadors still would only be a fraction of the cost.

I'm saying that Real buying 74m 16 year old makes more sense based on where they are than the unlikely idea that they drop 500m on a total deal for Mbappe like others suggested. Real ain't doing that anytime soon

Back