• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Space Thread

How does gravity work? Is 8 times the size 8 times the gravity?

Kinda sorta yeah.

Increases directly with mass (cubic relationship to planets radius) but decreases with an inverse square relationship to planets radius.

leaving a direct relationship with the radius.

I’m doing some citizen science looking for exoplanets myself. The more we find the more we will learn. But quite honestly, we still don’t even know how many planets/dwarf planets there might be in our solar system, let alone it’s secrets.

There will never be another earth we have evolved in sympathy for a billion years.

Last edited:
Kinda sorta yeah.

Increases directly with mass (cubic relationship to planets radius) but decreases with an inverse square relationship to planets radius.

leaving a direct relationship with the radius.

I’m doing some citizen science looking for exoplanets myself. The more we find the more we will learn. But quite honestly, we still don’t even know how many planets/dwarf planets there might be in our solar system, let alone it’s secrets.

There will never be another earth we have evolved in sympathy for a billion years.

So k2-18 b might be habitable. Just not really for humans?

The researchers have found some earth like candidates including one that was better suited for human habitation than is the earth (where only a thin veneer of the land surface is suitable).

We'll never find one like this one we are on, and we've broken it beyond repair.

I don't think we are there just yet, but man's ability to fudge it up quicker than mother nature can repair it is almost at tipping point.
What we fudge up in decades take her a century to repair, one of is going to have to act.
Let's hope it's us, because nature doesn't take prisoners.

If fixing Earth is difficulty 10/10, inhabiting some exoplanet will be difficulty a billion billion billion out of 10. There is no comparison. Just fix Earth.

And if the world can't come together to agree to some fixable common goals, its fanciful to think they will divvy up any success in space. How would you even justify who has rights to certain elements/resources

I don't think we are there just yet, but man's ability to fudge it up quicker than mother nature can repair it is almost at tipping point.
What we fudge up in decades take her a century to repair, one of is going to have to act.
Let's hope it's us, because nature doesn't take prisoners.
A lot of tipping points have been crossed unfortunately. Many of the climate scientists I read who are normally somewhat upbeat this year have lost their more hopefully outlook while looking at the now almost daily record breaking weather events and climate disasters unfold. They know somewhere monumental has changed. We have peaked the crest and are on the down slope it would seem.

And if the world can't come together to agree to some fixable common goals, its fanciful to think they will divvy up any success in space. How would you even justify who has rights to certain elements/resources

“I want the moon on a stick”.

I can’t honestly believe anyone has this level of entitlement. Wtaf!

I would make do with twitter working

Twitters screwed.

Space is first come first served. It’s the high seas. It would not surprise me if someone used the moon as a giant billboard.

There are plenty of modern day buccaneers looking to exploit resources from other planetary bodies and set up a mining concerns on asteroids.

Spacex have revolutionised the viability of delivering payloads up there some mining ventures look like an open goal.

Sooner or later there will be space heists and piracy, maybe even wars. But there will never ever be accord if there is an advantage to be had.

Twitters screwed.

Space is first come first served. It’s the high seas. It would not surprise me if someone used the moon as a giant billboard.

There are plenty of modern day buccaneers looking to exploit it resources from other planetary bodies and set up a mining concerns on asteroids.

Spacex have revolutionised the viability of delivering payloads up there some mining ventures look like an open goal.

Sooner or later there will be space heists and piracy, maybe even wars. But there will never ever be accord if there is an advantage to be had.

Maybe we are waiting for colonisation of the moon before appointing them it is as stadium naming rights. The
Weyland-Yutani Stadium

Twitters screwed.

There are plenty of modern day buccaneers looking to exploit resources from other planetary bodies and set up a mining concerns on asteroids.

Space Wars, can't help but think with a little tweaking there's a great movie in there.
Don't do more than three though, then it just goes to crap.

Back