• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Secret Footballer

I think it's obvious that it's not just one footballer, just a collection of stories from several footballers or even made up.

I still think its 1 guy, a few more clues there as to his identity

Started at lower league club, then got a big move.
Spent 5 years at one club.
Been relegated, then left the club early in his career.
Won stuff.
Scored goals (not a GK)
At the end of his career now.
Player of the season two years in a row.
Suffering from depression.
Had an operation once that lead to rumours of addiction to drugs/overdose on painkillers.

I can give you many examples that fit some of these, but nobody comes close to all of them

I thought that the bit at the end about drinking heavily and eating too much to get dropped was pretty risky. I would imagine that a club would have a good case for breach of contract if a player is unfit to carry out their job.

Been reading it every week for the last season and it's an excellent read. Well written, normally topical and it does feel honest - not really anyway to know if it is or isn't. The book would be an interesting read but I don't know how it would be any different from an autobiography, if anything it would be more limiting.

Back