• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Secret Footballer

I think we can rule out any former or current spurs players (or ones even that knew/know king, so that would also rule out nicky shorey) after that article.

I think we can rule out any former or current spurs players (or ones even that knew/know king, so that would also rule out nicky shorey) after that article.

It's not the Secret Footballer. He's got a load of other people writing on his website, that was by a physio

Ah. Whoops :oops: well in that case if the secret footballer specifically wanted the author to acknowledge king it could mean the opposite to what I thought or it could mean nothing.

Re: O/T The Secret Footballer

you show a complete lack of understanding on the topic, therefore should refrain from commenting. Depression can hit anyone regardless of their bank account or lifestyle.

What an idiotic set of comments from you.

you show a complete lack of understanding on the topic, therefore should refrain from commenting. Depression can hit anyone regardless of their bank account or lifestyle.

=D> correct. I wouldn't comment on what you don't understand Roy

Yeah, but how you deal with it is where you can criticise.

For example, an elderly guy I know lost 2 children when younger. Naturally he suffered from depression, but he never moaned, got on with life the best he could despite the way he was feeling. Only recently did people find out that he was on medication for years and had thought about suicide.

And then you have Stan "have I mentioned I'm depressed" Collymore. Constantly banging on about it, not in a raising awareness way but in a "i want sympathy" way. Yes it is sad that he suffers, but from what I understand he has had no traumatic life event and is probably quite wealthy. He doesn't have half as much to deal with as most people in life but constantly wants sympathy. Posting on twitter "its 4am and I cant sleep for no reason" - the reaction he got was just abuse, so much abuse because when you are a wealthy man who doesn't have a job to get up for in the morning (he was on the radio in the evening) it is not the end of the world.

So yes Roy's comment is wrong, but it doesnt mean that you cant criticise people in privileged positions who fail to recognise this or deal with in a way like SC. There seems to be a perception that you cant ever criticise a depression sufferers actions.

Last edited:

Yeah, but how you deal with it is where you can criticise.

For example, an elderly guy I know lost 2 children when younger. Naturally he suffered from depression, but he never moaned, got on with life the best he could despite the way he was feeling. Only recently did people find out that he was on medication for years and had thought about suicide.

And then you have Stan "have I mentioned I'm depressed" Collymore. Constantly banging on about it, not in a raising awareness way but in a "i want sympathy" way. Yes it is sad that he suffers, but from what I understand he has had no traumatic life event and is probably quite wealthy. He doesn't have half as much to deal with as most people in life but constantly wants sympathy. Posting on twitter "its 4am and I cant sleep for no reason" - the reaction he got was just abuse, so much abuse because when you are a wealthy man who doesn't have a job to get up for in the morning (he was on the radio in the evening) it is not the end of the world.

So yes Roy's comment is wrong, but it doesnt mean that you cant criticise people in privileged positions who fail to recognise this or deal with in a way like SC. There seems to be a perception that you cant ever criticise a depression sufferers actions.

I don't think that you understand what depression is or the debilitating effect that it can have. It is not the same as trauma or shock and wealth and circumstance has little to do with it.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but why not start with all of those in the secret footballers era who have won back to back player of the year awards. It makes sense to narrow it down from that point. at least that is fact rather than speculating over what foot he might use

I believe it could be Zamora, Kieron Dyer, or Danny Murphy

Back