• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

I had given up on top 4 till I read this thread, for a moment I thought about the possibility but naah. I really think Poch should free the players from that pressure and let them go out and express themselves.

Mason is a poor version of Bentaleb, and bentaleb is inconsistent himself. We need either a more defensive midfielder to free bentaleb to be more expressive, or a more creative midfielder to support the attack.

I genuinely believe it's our midfield pair that is resposibile for our atrocious defensive record.

Been saying similar all season, our defense has had very little protection from our CM and Mason is the weak link as I believe Bentaleb will improve has he gets older. I really hope this summer Poch finds a player who will track runners, and offer better cover to our back four or I am afraid we will be having the debate next season as well.

Not the huge amount of mistakes the defenders make? Watch MOTD from last night and see Walker's part in FOUR goals in the past two games. Were Mason and Bentaleb responsible for what Walker did on Leicester's 3rd and Verts bottling it? You seem to have it in for these two youngsters.

Not at all, I like bentaleb a lot and happy with him in the starting eleven, his age and inexperience mean he'll have the odd bad patch, fine, which makes it even more vital he has someone with experience next to him. And ability ;)

Not at all, I like bentaleb a lot and happy with him in the starting eleven, his age and inexperience mean he'll have the odd bad patch, fine, which makes it even more vital he has someone with experience next to him. And ability ;)

Good to know. It's easy to forget how vital experience and maturity are for these young athletes. There are a few rare gems who are wise beyond their years but considering the adolescent brain does not mature into the adult brain until 25 it is ti be expected that younger players will make mistakes and have pass in concentration. I read that Steve Perryman didn't feel he had pro reply matured until he was 27.

I have not paid attention to the fixtures around us...how many of those above have to play each other still? Hate to say it, the goons were a dark horse of mine going into this final stretch (we beat them which is always a catalyst) and City look like they're sinking under a 'gone' manager and unhappy birthday boy wage-thief. Man U have stumbled upon a side which works (easy to do when you spend 200 million on players, eventually the law of averages means that even Helen Keller could enjoy such luck) and then we have the dippers, who without Skrtel and Sturridge are going to struggle.
We would need a tremendous run of results to go our way, with probably only one more slip allowed from us.
I don't see it happening, but it is possible.

Good for us that Pool and Southampton lost today. We can easily lose tomorrow as well though.

It will take a small miracle for us to get fourth, I just don't see City slipping up that much (Chelski, Arse and United are out of reach IMO). It's also very unlikely and unspursy that we won't mess up a few games of ourselves as well.

One game at a time, then let's see where it takes us.

It is really disappointing that we are now 10 points behind Arsenal despite taking 4 points off them this season. Even more disappointing that we are 9 points behind ManU despite their problems. Despite Kane's goals, we have been let down by our inconsistent form, especially in defence and midfield.

Last edited:
Man Utds fixtures don't get any easier. City (H), Chelsea (A), Everton (A) coming up next for them. Whilst we play Burnley, Aston Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton.

We win our four and they lose two of their next 3. We will either be above them or level on points with them. Obviously it's wishful thinking but not out of the realms of possibility. I mean even losing one of those games could still potentially see us just 3 points behind Man Utd and they still have Arsenal away.

starts to get a little tricky for Man Utd now doesn't it?

Frankly, can't see their matches against ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal as being too tricky. Can see them winning all those. Chelsea and ManCity have been unconvincing lately and Arsenal rarely beat ManU.

Frankly, can't see their matches against ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal as being too tricky. Can see them winning all those. Chelsea and ManCity have been unconvincing lately and Arsenal rarely beat ManU.

They will not beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. By all means they may beat City.

Man Utds fixtures don't get any easier. City (H), Chelsea (A), Everton (A) coming up next for them. Whilst we play Burnley, Aston Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton.

We win our four and they lose two of their next 3. We will either be above them or level on points with them. Obviously it's wishful thinking but not out of the realms of possibility. I mean even losing one of those games could still potentially see us just 3 points behind Man Utd and they still have Arsenal away.

ManU playing Arsenal at home. They beat Arsenal away earlier in the season. Arsenal have such a poor league record against ManU in recent years.

ManU playing Arsenal at home. They beat Arsenal away earlier in the season. Arsenal have such a poor league record against ManU in recent years.

if im honest with you, i couldnt care less lol - im just happy to watch tottenham again, it's been a long time. fifth would be great, i wouldnt even be disheartened with sixth. Lets get a nice pre-season under our belt, some Pochettino summer signings and go into the next season better prepared and with some more exciting youngsters in and around the squad in Pritchard and Alli

if im honest with you, i couldnt care less lol - im just happy to watch tottenham again, it's been a long time. fifth would be great, i wouldnt even be disheartened with sixth. Lets get a nice pre-season under our belt, some Pochettino summer signings and go into the next season better prepared and with some more exciting youngsters in and around the squad in Pritchard and Alli

I like the cut of your jib... (What the hell does that casually mean)

4th is still potential unalloyed on but is highly unlikely. 5th is more likely now particularly as Liverpool are in no small amount of turmoil at the most important stage of the season

Tomorrow's game is vital as will be the one after that and so on...

The key is that we progressing and I think it's very clear that we are

I have no idea who the club want to bring in, and I could t care less if it's a £10k signing or a £10m signing as long as they work for the club and the system that Poch wants to play

They key with all the younger players this season is that when they have come in they have busted a gut to make sure they stay in. You can't fault their efforts even though you could fault the application in some games which clearly comes from a lack of experience

I'm convinced their are still bargains to be had and I'm also convinced that the likes of Pricthard and even Caroll still could have a huge impact on the squad over a season with the experience they have picked up in this one. Add in Alli and we have a. yet exciting if massively under experienced central midfield

Add in a genuinely exciting wide player too alongside Pricthard and another forward and we look like a better squad all round

None of that effects the coming Games but it's good to look forward rather than pick on the past time and time again

They do and neither side has shown particular strength defensively so it could be a shoot out game

Both sides think they can still win the league IMO and there is still plenty to play for both

I never expected us to be still in the race for Champions League at this stage (albeit as rank outsiders). I had faith that Pochettino could put together a Top Four squad, but not in his first season. So frankly I'm more than happy with where we are right now and I still think we'll improve even further next season.

This season, in the unlikely event we make fourth I think it'll be as a result of Emirates Marketing Project imploding in the next few weeks. Not saying I think it will happen, just that - of all of the top four right now, they seem the most fragile (I wouldn't have said that a couple of months back, but I get the sense that all is not well at the Etihad right now). I wouldn't put money on them imploding or anything, but I can't say I'd be massively surprised if they suddenly went on a run of draws.

Other than that though, I don't see the teams above us dropping enough points for us to make up the ground. Especially since we're pretty much guaranteed to drop some ourselves... the Southampton game will be massive for us. Win that and I can see us finish 5th. And I'd be very happy with that because it would mean going into the summer with plenty of reason for optimism for next year.

Man U could still lose to Chelsea Arsenal City.
They could. I just don't think they will. I think they'll beat City and maybe even Arsenal. It annoys me, because I wouldn't be Van Gaal's biggest fan, but he's got United playing winning football again.

Back