• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

That'd be a good idea were it not for the fact 7th will get you a Europa League spot should Arsenal or Liverpool win the FA Cup

And if only we'd beaten Stoke, WBA and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home too we'd have about 67 points and be clear in 2nd. Also, if my Aunty had...

Not the point. We had Kaboul Capoue and Adebayor poisoning the squad. Since then we've smashed Chelsea and took the tinkle out of arsenal.. The top top two teams in the league.

The team lacks motivation. They clearly didn't believe top four was possible. Amazingly, they took the mindset of the majority of Spurs fans but are then abused by said Spurs fans. Laughable.

If we want to skip EL we can just send kids out the qualifier, I doubt dodging it has any part in the form. I do want to see some fight though in this run in. not for 4th, just for the fans.

If we want to skip EL we can just send kids out the qualifier, I doubt dodging it has any part in the form. I do want to see some fight though in this run in. not for 4th, just for the fans.

Fight for the fans, and for the players themselves.

I really don't think petering out a season over a long period particularly good for a group of players. Could have a negative effect on the buildup and start of next season. Much too easy to let a "this will do" attitude set in.

I never thought we would get this malaise with Poch in charge, am surprised he is letting it happen

I hope he is just running the rule over the border-line players he wants to keep as well as showing Levy how much dead wood there is to shift out. As many on here have said, the true test of Poch will be next season wafter he has (dear Ghod please) had a chance to get more of his own players in.

That'd be a good idea were it not for the fact 7th will get you a Europa League spot should Arsenal or Liverpool win the FA Cup
What if one of them rooster up in the semis? Is there no joy whatsoever to be squeezed out of this season!?

What if one of them rooster up in the semis? Is there no joy whatsoever to be squeezed out of this season!?

runners up don't get the EL place from this season onward so unless Liverpool and Arse both fudge up it will go to 7th

runners up don't get the EL place from this season onward so unless Liverpool and Arse both fudge up it will go to 7th
Brilliant....... Can we not just refuse to play in this sh*thouse of a competition? It is utterly pointless.

I don't mind the EL, it's still European football and a chance at a trophy.

Going by Pochs quotes, he knows how draining it is and he's now blaming our end of season form on it, so if we do qualify hopefully he will have a different mindset and view on how he uses his squad.

i haven't seen those quotes but i think with a squad more suited to his needs it would prevent tiredness in the second half of the season

I just always remember the time when Hazard came out and said he would be joining Spurs. Then we ran out of steam cos Harry didn't rotate the squad, fell to fourth, didn't get CL, lost Bale, and now here we are.

Not that there was necessarily that much truth in the article and it wasn't Hazard's agent trying to drum up extra interest, but it illustrates how fine the margins are between taking your chance to become a title-challenger, and missing out because of 12 extra games to go out at the last 16 stage, as could very well happen next year.

I know a lot of our most glorious semi-recent history is derived from that 1984 UEFA Cup win, but it is just a different competition now (quite literally) and one which brings me far more frustration than joy.

I don't mind the EL, it's still European football and a chance at a trophy.

Going by Pochs quotes, he knows how draining it is and he's now blaming our end of season form on it, so if we do qualify hopefully he will have a different mindset and view on how he uses his squad.
i haven't seen those quotes but i think with a squad more suited to his needs it would prevent tiredness in the second half of the season

Every manager in our recent history who has not totally sacked off the Europa League has tried to rotate and still paid the price come the business end of the season. I'm not sure if its mental fatigue, lack of coaching time to focus on match prep, or a lack of proper rotation, but we always look exhausted by this point.

Its a trophy we could win, never understand Spurs fans who would rather finish among the runners up ( top four) then actually try and win a trophy.
How close have we ever actually come? I would rather write off the League Cup and the Europa League, and focus on the FA Cup and qualifying for the CL, the latter of which may actually lead to more success in the future.

I would argue that by being so 'ambitious' and saying 'no, we want to win the EL and LC, along with the FA Cup and coming 4th', we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Concentrating fully on 2 competitions is much more likely to deliver the silverware you so desire both in the short- and long-term.

How fudging annoying is our loss to Villa now??
If we had won, like Liverpool, we be only 4 points off 4th with 6 games to go. Not a bad situation in the scheme of things especially with City going through a really big downturn - and with them still to play.

So fudging Spurs!:mad:

I find it unacceptable that there didn't appear any motivation in the Burnley and Villa matches. And I put the blame squarely on Poch's shoulders. Any manager that writes off a season with a fighting chance at CL with 8 games to go needs to be seriously examined. And if he didn't write it off, but was unable to motivate his players to perform at a level they have shown they can, then again I'm questioning his ability to lead this team in the future. It's been too much fits and starts for my liking.

I find it unacceptable that there didn't appear any motivation in the Burnley and Villa matches. And I put the blame squarely on Poch's shoulders. Any manager that writes off a season with a fighting chance at CL with 8 games to go needs to be seriously examined. And if he didn't write it off, but was unable to motivate his players to perform at a level they have shown they can, then again I'm questioning his ability to lead this team in the future. It's been too much fits and starts for my liking.

It is certainly a worry.

Back