• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

Itst not dead, as an optimist, Utd have an horrendous run in and the wheels could come off. We are relying on pool to slip up and we need a strot finish whixh includes getting a resw against Southampton

Can we please put this CL qualification talk in the "wishful thinking" drawer? We are nowhere near CL quality even for the qualification rounds. We need to rebuild (again) over the next couple of seasons and EL may actually be a better option (clutching at straws there...)

After today, the league is now quite boring. There is no chance that we can catch any of those teams unless they take a points penalty for some serious infringement. The ultimate question is whether we end up with Europa league football or not? Personally I want us in the competition, but Southampton and Liverpool will fight us all the way for 5th and 6th. Really we (as a club and country) want Liverpool and Arsenal in the final. I don't think our coefficient could take another team performing like Hull.

Race_For_CL.png

After today, the league is now quite boring. There is no chance that we can catch any of those teams unless they take a points penalty for some serious infringement. The ultimate question is whether we end up with Europa league football or not? Personally I want us in the competition, but Southampton and Liverpool will fight us all the way for 5th and 6th. Really we (as a club and country) want Liverpool and Arsenal in the final. I don't think our coefficient could take another team performing like Hull.

Whilst the Europa League format is my favourite buttplug and I'd hate to see the Goons or Dippers win the FA Cup, I still want to see Spurs play in European competition every season.

Should be a close tussle between pool, Soton and us for those places... Hopefully we can qualify directly to the Group Stage...

CCKjZbyWgAAuHKD.png:large

iepg93.jpg

Last edited:
EL or not, finishing above Liverscum should always be a priority.

Do you think the players care less. They've known they are completely out of the running since they lost to United. Poch completely failed to provide them any motivation against Burnley.

Do you think the players care less. They've known they are completely out of the running since they lost to United. Poch completely failed to provide them any motivation against Burnley.

I don't think it was motivation, more incompetence, my opinion is that MP has a mid table at best squad punching way above its weight, like AVB did before him, we only have 1 really good player, and he's in nets

Nope; our side is top 6 level and that's where we must finish imo (nothing to do with a bet i have....)

I do fear that our Manure result and Liverpool's last two results mean MoPo is now overexperimenting and has resigned himself to not getting fourth...

I do fear that our Manure result and Liverpool's last two results mean MoPo is now overexperimenting and has resigned himself to not getting fourth...
I don't think he's "over-experimenting" myself, but I do think he has at least one eye on next season already, so in that sense I get the point you're making. I'm not 100% sure Paulinho would have started last week if Pochettino had been picking his strongest team... I think he's looking at the last few matches as a chance to double-check which of the "fringe" players might be worth keeping.

Just a thought...

I don't think he's "over-experimenting" myself, but I do think he has at least one eye on next season already, so in that sense I get the point you're making. I'm not 100% sure Paulinho would have started last week if Pochettino had been picking his strongest team... I think he's looking at the last few matches as a chance to double-check which of the "fringe" players might be worth keeping.

Just a thought...

Could very well be. I also think including some players that are unsure of their squad status for next season can help our motivation at this point. I think the players most likely to switch off at this point are those that are not looking for a move in the summer and confident that they will be first choice (or close enough) regardless of what they do for the rest of this season. Keeping the players guessing and starting players that are working hard in training and in games could be a very solid strategy.

ahh, if only we had beat Burnley and one yesterday... 2 points behind with city to play.
And if only we'd beaten Stoke, WBA and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home too we'd have about 67 points and be clear in 2nd. Also, if my Aunty had...

And if we'd beaten that 'clown' Sherwood's team we'd be sitting 4 points behind 4th....

But hey, according to some on here the reason we've been crap is that we've got nothing to play for.

Just a thought...

better well be because we have been punching below our weight in the last two games. i have no doubt we have a better squad than burnley and villa.

Surely the target has to be 7th now?

7th --> No Europa League --> 2nd is becoming an established pattern.

Back