• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

You forgot to put on the smiley emoticon so that we all know you are of course joking by comparing an really inexperienced young lad whose future and legacy is unknown (unless you are psychic) with someone whose career proved to be a disappointment.

23 isn't that young. Jenas was far beyond masons ability by 19!

I didn't mention his age - I mentioned his experience at this level. His playing time has been hampered by injury. And the whole problem with Jenas was that his ability was not matched by how he used that ability. My point is not to write off an entire career based on roughly half a season of playing in the first team.

I didn't mention his age - I mentioned his experience at this level. His playing time has been hampered by injury. And the whole problem with Jenas was that his ability was not matched by how he used that ability. My point is not to write off an entire career based on roughly half a season of playing in the first team.

Kane proved that you never know. But watching Mason id be gobsmacked if he proved to be a decent player never meant the great player we need.

Bit of a silly comparison Grimsby, and I think you know it. Probably could have said the same about Adam Lallana or a 22 year old Schnederlin. Carrick was 23 when we signed him from West Ham after a year in the Championship. Jenas was probably far beyond his ability by 19 too...

Plenty of players have pushed on from where Mason finds himself now, Jenas was not one of them - doesn't mean that he didn't have the talent. Mason seems to have the right attitude, technically he's tidy, has a good shot on him, plenty of stamina, quick feet. And a head coach that seems to rate him and trust him. Not a bad combination.

It never fails to make an impression on me that people expect the finished articles straight out of the box. When a young / new player gets into the team all I want to see is the flashes that show he can get better whilst still doing a job for the team. I see that with Mason. Then with that mindset your allow them to play, make mistakes and get better. Mason may never be elite. but he can be an important part of our side. I tend to lose patience with players who show no signs of improving or getting better and have been around for two seasons. Hence why i have almost lost faith in Lamela, but my faith in Soldado has gone completely.

But it isn't that. Why do people dismiss others' opinions by making claims which aren't true. I don't exoect finished articles - I like Dier, Waker, Dsvies, bentaleb, Lamela etc. none finished, but I see something which I feel could he developed into something special.

Mason. I see nothing. I see energy, passion and heart. But that's it. I don't see someone to protect our defence, I don't see someone making creative assisting, scoring goals etc.

Admittedly, I couldn't see how kane could be a premiership player either :) But he was a kid!!

When he first came into the team you were saying he was brick when he looked great on the ball and was playing well. He has faded (understandable considering the amount of games he has played) and obviously you are still on his back.

If you had any knowledge of his background or ability you would not be writing him off as a plodder. The guy was the shining light in the academy and was/is a very talented footballer. He has adapted his game to his credit and for me his sloppiness on the ball is down more to fatigue and confidence than anything else. After the games he has played this year and a proper break I predict he will take his game up a level next year just like Bentelab has this year.

We need an experienced and top quality midfielder this summer (pay up for schneiderlin please) and we will have a nice set of options next season

So after yesterday's outrageous match (not in a good way), IF Pool vs Utd is a draw today ....then suddenly our battle for top 4 gets a little life line. So gotta hope the result goes our way! Arsenal have got Pool soon too, if the Goons take that one ....Pool will have taken 1 point from 6! COYS

UTD still have to play Emirates Marketing Project, Goons and Chelsea and after today Liverpool still have to play Chelsea as well.

UTD still have to play Emirates Marketing Project, Goons and Chelsea and after today Liverpool still have to play Chelsea as well.

Exactly. As i said, we keep getting 3 points and a few results go our way .....we will be right back in it. Just need to make sure that we do things our end and i have a sneaky feeling that we will get a shot. It will be up to us to keep it when we get it!

Every outcome has a positive today, but in order
1/ Draw
2/ United win based on their remaining fixtures
3/ Liverpool win

Possibly a good call that. I don't like the idea of seeing UTD make it to 59 points, but as you said their remaining fixtures will see them drop a few.

But it isn't that. Why do people dismiss others' opinions by making claims which aren't true. I don't exoect finished articles - I like Dier, Waker, Dsvies, bentaleb, Lamela etc. none finished, but I see something which I feel could he developed into something special.

Mason. I see nothing. I see energy, passion and heart. But that's it. I don't see someone to protect our defence, I don't see someone making creative assisting, scoring goals etc.

Admittedly, I couldn't see how kane could be a premiership player either :) But he was a kid!!

Could have been a description of Jordan Henderson first year or so at Liverpool...

His energy can be very valuable. He does strike the ball really well with both feet, although I think that might have passed you by. Tidy on the ball, good passer, certainly capable of some creative passing.

Could have been a description of Jordan Henderson first year or so at Liverpool...

His energy can be very valuable. He does strike the ball really well with both feet, although I think that might have passed you by. Tidy on the ball, good passer, certainly capable of some creative passing.

but henderson had previous prem experience and more importantly in central midfield. Mason should never ever play central midfield unless there are no options available. fortunately for him this year, he is better than those we have (at what we need, recycling the ball quickly and efficiently) - but he will be upgraded in the summer.

but henderson had previous prem experience and more importantly in central midfield. Mason should never ever play central midfield unless there are no options available. fortunately for him this year, he is better than those we have (at what we need, recycling the ball quickly and efficiently) - but he will be upgraded in the summer.

Any reason to think that Mason won't improve as he gets that PL experience he's so far been missing?

Disagree about him never playing central midfield. I just don't get why that should be the case, though I realize he's capable in other roles too.

Any reason to think that Mason won't improve as he gets that PL experience he's so far been missing?

Disagree about him never playing central midfield. I just don't get why that should be the case, though I realize he's capable in other roles too.

dont think he'll improve in central midfield, no. He has never played there before this season. He MAY look good against someone defensively better, but then Bentaleb misses out. Personally, I think Bentaleb is better than Mason at everything so I'd rather have him start. Mason should be pushed forward, where his limitations arent shown up, like his dreadful positioning

dont think he'll improve in central midfield, no. He has never played there before this season. He MAY look good against someone defensively better, but then Bentaleb misses out. Personally, I think Bentaleb is better than Mason at everything so I'd rather have him start. Mason should be pushed forward, where his limitations arent shown up, like his dreadful positioning

And Rose hadn't really played full back before he got the chance there...?

People were complaining about Bentaleb's positioning last season, now a year later he's looking much better. I think Mason can improve too. He's hard working, fairly disciplined, clearly motivated to do well. Pocehttino seems like a good man to work on stuff like that on the training ground. I think there's a lot of potential for improvement in Mason.

I agree that Bentaleb looks the better prospect, by some distance. But I think Mason looks like a useful player in the role he's currently being used in. Just like he did earlier this season.

Back