• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run In....

the run in is largely irrelevant, both sides are capable of beating the teams on their list. It's all dependant on form for the last 7 games, the fact that they've just been beaten by QPR and now play Emirates Marketing Project could change their good run of form in to a poor one again, they do seem quite frail. We've come off the back of some poor results, Lennon is back and based on yesterday seems to have hit the ground running so hopefully we're about to have another purple patch.

Fingers crossed. I've had so many mouthy gooners giving it large because they've closed the gap, it's beenr eally nice this year, they've been pretty quiet all season but as soon as they went above us the tossers came crawling out of their holes and starting mouthing off. I really want to finish above them! COYS!

the run in is largely irrelevant, both sides are capable of beating the teams on their list. It's all dependant on form for the last 7 games, the fact that they've just been beaten by QPR and now play Emirates Marketing Project could change their good run of form in to a poor one again, they do seem quite frail. We've come off the back of some poor results, Lennon is back and based on yesterday seems to have hit the ground running so hopefully we're about to have another purple patch.

Fingers crossed. I've had so many mouthy gooners giving it large because they've closed the gap, it's beenr eally nice this year, they've been pretty quiet all season but as soon as they went above us the tossers came crawling out of their holes and starting mouthing off. I really want to finish above them! COYS!

Now we're level they've already shut up again but no doubt will come out again if they beat city. They are the epitome of sing when your winning

its all he said she said this....

lets concentrate on beating a sunderland side who have lost the form they forst had under O'niell and worry about norwich after

its all he said she said this....

lets concentrate on beating a sunderland side who have lost the form they forst had under O'niell and worry about norwich after

Sunderland are still 4th in the form table. Will be a very difficult game, 3 points from that, regardless of what Arsenal do against City, will be huge.

Arsenal - City is huge as if they win that game they have easy games against Wolves and Wigan to start going again and murder the goal difference. West Broms home form is pretty brick aswell. But at the end of the day we need to take it one game at a time and try to get the three points as its 7 cup finals (Cliche alert)

Sunderland are still 4th in the form table. Will be a very difficult game, 3 points from that, regardless of what Arsenal do against City, will be huge.

Totally agree. The whole outcome could hinge on this weekends games. City will be livid about dropping 2 pts at home, but bouyed by the comeback at least.
By the time they kick-off they could be 8pts behind United (which is a big a turnaround as ours to Arsenal, but wont get a mention no doubt), so it could be make-or-break for them, I can honestly see them getting a point.
Thanks to QPR, defeat at SOL although gutting would not rule us out of the race. I certainly think its our hardest game of the 7 and I would take a point now.
Getting a win will be tough, but after the cup exit, and blowing 3pts on Saturday we might, just might, have got them at the right time, and as you say a win would be absolutely massive

What makes you say that? Their results suggest otherwise surely?

I believe Abramovich has given them a rocket, I just don't think Fat frank and co respect any manager. Look how Terry was trying to take over in the CL game, he was standing on the touchline barking orders as if he was the manager.

Totally agree. The whole outcome could hinge on this weekends games. City will be livid about dropping 2 pts at home, but bouyed by the comeback at least.
By the time they kick-off they could be 8pts behind United (which is a big a turnaround as ours to Arsenal, but wont get a mention no doubt), so it could be make-or-break for them, I can honestly see them getting a point.
Thanks to QPR, defeat at SOL although gutting would not rule us out of the race. I certainly think its our hardest game of the 7 and I would take a point now.
Getting a win will be tough, but after the cup exit, and blowing 3pts on Saturday we might, just might, have got them at the right time, and as you say a win would be absolutely massive

I think we must approach every game with as a must-win. We can certainly beat Sunderland, who won't sit quite as deep at home, furthermore, if we employ the same shape line-up there, I believe we will win. A critical factor against Swansea was making the right subs, and for the second week running, Harry got it perfect after months of bench mis-use. I love JD, and there was clamor for him at 1-1 on Sunday, but I personally felt he would've caused us to lose our shape in a panic attack. We were brave AND patient...

My biggest fear for Saturday are injuries; we cannot afford any stupid brick from macarons like Cattermole. I hope Sandro is all over him like a rash.

I think we must approach every game with as a must-win. We can certainly beat Sunderland, who won't sit quite as deep at home, furthermore, if we employ the same shape line-up there, I believe we will win. A critical factor against Swansea was making the right subs, and for the second week running, Harry got it perfect after months of bench mis-use. I love JD, and there was clamor for him at 1-1 on Sunday, but I personally felt he would've caused us to lose our shape in a panic attack. We were brave AND patient...

My biggest fear for Saturday are injuries; we cannot afford any stupid brick from macarons like Cattermole. I hope Sandro is all over him like a rash.

Yeah that's cost us so much. If he hadn't have fudged up so badly we would be fighting for top four instead of....oh, hang on....

Bottom line is people vastly over rate our squad. In too many games there have been limited to practically zero options to utilise from the bench.

Yeah that's cost us so much. If he hadn't have fudged up so badly we would be fighting for top four instead of....oh, hang on....

Bottom line is people vastly over rate our squad. In too many games there have been limited to practically zero options to utilise from the bench.

I'd tend to agree, but with Lennon returning, we've got options now. Hope he uses them well.

I'd tend to agree, but with Lennon returning, we've got options now. Hope he uses them well.

I'm hoping he reverts back to his strongest team vs Sunderland and plays Lennon from the start (with Parker, Modric and Bale in the midfield too). We can rest Lennon for the game after that because I think we should win that even without him. Sunderland are a very tough opponent but we really do need to win there, and need to go for the win. A draw may be good enough, but if we lose and Arsenal don't then that really does put them in the driving seat for 3rd.

Even when the options are there, Redknapp too often leaves it too late to use them, though. Needs to be braver.

If we can get 2 points from Sunderland and Bolton I would be happy, and expect us to win the rest. Arsenal will lose at least one, so we should be ok.

I could see it going right to the wire, tbh, with us needing to beat Fulham in the last game to be sure of 3rd. That is, unless either side pick up more injuries to key players. We're more vulnerable in that respect, I think, in the sense that there are probably 5 or 6 players we couldn't afford to lose for the run-in, whereas the only thing that would really torpedo them would be losing van Persie.

Last edited:

100% agree with that. Whilst we have some decent players on the bench, we rarely have anyone who can come on and change teh shape of a game. Its part of the reason why we need a third winger/attacking midfielder to rotate with Lennon and Bale (as well as needing that third player so that Lennon and Bale can have a rest now and then) - in games when you're up against a stubborn defence and are struggling to break them down, you need something different such as someone who can beat a man or play a defence splitting pass or just do something different. Saha and Defoe on the bench dont give that, Livermore and Sandro dont give that, Krancjar potentially could but has hada poor season due to not playing much....our options off hte bench rarely give you the belief that bringing them on will open a team up

I don't trust ArseAnal to be brick for more than one game... and I don;t trust us to go on a 7-game winning run... so somewhere in between is probably how 3rd/4th will be decided!

The fact Chelsea have to play ArseAnal, AND ArseAnal have to play City at least guarantees SOMEONE near us will drop points... WE just need to focus on taking full advantage of when they do... I notice we have QPR away on the same day as ArseAnal-Chelsea... well SUMMIT'S gotta give!

After they lost at QPR and might lose to City this weekend, I think Arsenal's good form might derail now...

Back