• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run In....

Yeah that's cost us so much. If he hadn't have fudged up so badly we would be fighting for top four instead of....oh, hang on....

Bottom line is people vastly over rate our squad. In too many games there have been limited to practically zero options to utilise from the bench.

LOL...tell me. At Everton, when we finally got VdV in the hole and Bale on the left, did we batter them or not? And at Arsenal, are you seriously going to tell me that leaving one of our key men on the bench and going 4-4-2 was the way to stretch an already weak defense? It's not about WHO'S on the bench, it's about how he's USED them was the point I was making mate. Case in point; a month ago, Harry would've panicked and thrown JD on at 1-1 last weekend, we'd have lost a bit of shape and discipline and it 'might' have worked but most likely would've ended in frustration. He resisted and made the changes which allowed VdV in the hole, Modric in the middle and Bale on the left; bing bash bosh, we win. It's all about round pegs in round holes, and even you would have to agree that for a while, Harry (for whatever reason) was not doing that...

100% agree with that. Whilst we have some decent players on the bench, we rarely have anyone who can come on and change teh shape of a game. Its part of the reason why we need a third winger/attacking midfielder to rotate with Lennon and Bale (as well as needing that third player so that Lennon and Bale can have a rest now and then) - in games when you're up against a stubborn defence and are struggling to break them down, you need something different such as someone who can beat a man or play a defence splitting pass or just do something different. Saha and Defoe on the bench dont give that, Livermore and Sandro dont give that, Krancjar potentially could but has hada poor season due to not playing much....our options off hte bench rarely give you the belief that bringing them on will open a team up

...which is why it is very important that whoever you bring on allows the quality we DO have to play where it's most natural for them TO play, and again, at le arse and everton, we simply did not do that most of the time (again, when we did at everton, we battered them)...anyone who does not see the error of the arsenal match needs to watch it again. This was a simple match to win. It required nothing more than simple execution of performance and pattern that we'd been achieving all season. I will forever question that result, almost as much as as lasagna gate, simply because what we did/how we reacted made no sense whatsoever...

I think scum will turn over one of either city or chelski. Even so ars are weak through their spine and will drop too many points. For us, sunderland away, Bolton and fulham will be tough. I fancy us to stamp authority on 3rd. Scum 4th and chelski 5th. I certainly do not fancy chelski beating barca in the champs league so either way it's all sweet

Realistically we should be aiming to win all 7 games then we are guaranteed top 4 and will likely get 3rd as Arse will drop some points.

The games individually shouldnt be that hard and if we have some form and can get back to 4411 that served us so well with 2 wingers we should really go on a run.

Chelsea'a game against Arsenal is in between two Champions League semis against Barcelona, can't see them fielding a very strong side.

We need Man C to show some balls tomorrow, they've shown signs of the wheels falling off in recent games. Put Arsenal to the sword and I might not hate them quite so much...

Bottom line is we've got to do the job ourselves, score some goals too. 9 more games, 9 more wins!

I see the postponed game against Bolton in now Wed 3 May.

COYS!

Strong evidence has just come to light that points to us finishing in 3rd. :ross:

[video=youtube;1U_551oTTcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1U_551oTTcg[/video]

Chelsea'a game against Arsenal is in between two Champions League semis against Barcelona, can't see them fielding a very strong side.

We need Man C to show some balls tomorrow, they've shown signs of the wheels falling off in recent games. Put Arsenal to the sword and I might not hate them quite so much...

Bottom line is we've got to do the job ourselves, score some goals too. 9 more games, 9 more wins!

I see the postponed game against Bolton in now Wed 3 May.

COYS!

Depends what happens in the first leg. If they're lose 3 or 4 nil at home then they'll almost certainly write off the tie.

LOL...tell me. At Everton, when we finally got VdV in the hole and Bale on the left, did we batter them or not? And at Arsenal, are you seriously going to tell me that leaving one of our key men on the bench and going 4-4-2 was the way to stretch an already weak defense? It's not about WHO'S on the bench, it's about how he's USED them was the point I was making mate. Case in point; a month ago, Harry would've panicked and thrown JD on at 1-1 last weekend, we'd have lost a bit of shape and discipline and it 'might' have worked but most likely would've ended in frustration. He resisted and made the changes which allowed VdV in the hole, Modric in the middle and Bale on the left; bing bash bosh, we win. It's all about round pegs in round holes, and even you would have to agree that for a while, Harry (for whatever reason) was not doing that...

I totally agree. But only 100%.

I don't disagree that Harry has made mistakes. But I do disagree that he has been brick all season. If he had been, we wouldn't be where we currently are.

I think we've lost momentum, 6pts from 21 hmm. Now then Korky, don't be a wum!

we've won 2 and drawn 2 of our last 4 in all comps, is a far better way to look at it

I do think 4 wins and 1 draw will guarantee 4th place, that would mean Saudi Sportswashing Machine having to win all 6 of their remaining games due to inferior GD and Chelsea would need to win 5 and draw 1, which I cant see happening right now with their schedule.
What we need for 3rd place...I'll wait until 6pm to thick about that

I do think 4 wins and 1 draw will guarantee 4th place, that would mean Saudi Sportswashing Machine having to win all 6 of their remaining games due to inferior GD and Chelsea would need to win 5 and draw 1, which I cant see happening right now with their schedule.
What we need for 3rd place...I'll wait until 6pm to thick about that

And don't Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have to play each other? Chelsea have a huge say in it all as they have Arsenal too.

And don't Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have to play each other? Chelsea have a huge say in it all as they have Arsenal too.

They do.
Chelsea have some really big games left. Fulham,Arsenal and Liverpool Away. Plus Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a big finish too. Chelsea Away,City at Home,Everton Away

Back