• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Im a huge optimist and realist so for me we will not win the league but I honestly believe we are going to finish in the top 4, nothing I have seen has changed that view

Win tomorrow and we are 3 wins and GD ahead of Arsenal - game in hand and 2 wins a draw plus GD ahead of 5th.

Not finishing in the top 4 now would be a bit of a shambles...

Easy to watch Arsenal today and begin to think their players have decided CL qualification will be too much work and have chosen to emulate Chelsea and Liverpool by playing to drop straight down below the EL placings.

Lighter workload next season. More time for personal grooming, shish testing and frolicsome selfies.

Honestly, no professional would think that! And there's no guarantee that they'd be able to drop below the EL places

I think they just lack some simple but fundamental things - there is no leadership, there's no core base to the team (ie pair of CBs and DM) and there's no identity (ie way which they're trying to play and win the game). Without those things, its hard to finish in the top 4

Wow, didnt realise City's next 3 matches are
Liverpool (h) today
Followed by Arsenal and Chelsea away. With southampton away after the home game v Hull

3 pts for us today is a real must

City v Liverpool. Another game where every outcome has its plus.
Draw best option
Then, bearing in mind their coming fixtures, a City win 2nd best option, to leave a 4pt gap to 4th with liverpool having played a game more?

What worries me is our away record this season.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=54&mw=-1&ha=A

We have taken 18 points from 39 points. That is less than 50%. Most of those is due to draws. We will need to step up on that front in the remaining 10 games.

We won't, but that doesn't really matter provided we win all our remaining home games as well - that's an equally tall order, but I feel somewhat more achievable given the building sense of inevitability that comes with our games at the Lane these days (second half wobble against Soton today apart, of course :p ).

I think I want arsenal to beat city next time out.

Obviously Everton to beat pool.

I think we'll beat Burnley.

Never root for Arsenal, at best hope for a draw. Why risk them catching us up? You know they always seem to do it even when it looks impossible. How many points were we ahead of them in 2012? We screwed that one up even after being 2-0 ahead of them. Plus how could you support Arsenal, I mean really?!

Never root for Arsenal, at best hope for a draw. Why risk them catching us up? You know they always seem to do it even when it looks impossible. How many points were we ahead of them in 2012? We screwed that one up even after being 2-0 ahead of them. Plus how could you support Arsenal, I mean really?!

This. 100 times this. Let them lose every game, if that's what it takes to end the hoodoo. Never, ever root for them to do anything other than lose, because it ends up f*cking us in the end - and I say that even although I'm admittedly still conflicted on the idea (because if they lose too often between now and May, Wenger won't be able to announce that one-year contract extension and will have to leave, meaning they might actually get a title-winning manager in).

I hopes fir the title then? Of course it looks impossible. We will have to win all our games.

Chelsea do have United, City, Everton and Southampton in their next 5 games. 2 defeats and a draw and we could be in this. Surely they will wobble at some point?

But Leicester didn't.

What worries me is our away record this season.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=54&mw=-1&ha=A

We have taken 18 points from 39 points. That is less than 50%. Most of those is due to draws. We will need to step up on that front in the remaining 10 games.

Away to top half teams:

13 Liverpool
10 Tottenham, Chelsea
9 Emirates Marketing Project
6 Man Utd
5 Everton
4 West Brom, Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea, Crystal Palace
3 Middlesbrough
2 Stoke, Southampton, Leicester
1 Arsenal, Burnley, Hull, Sunderland

If it's best for us then I'd support them.

I know what you mean about "mind the gap" but I think this is different. They're weak mentally, he's on borrowed time and I think, this time, the time has come.

At the moment, city are closer so I want them to drop points.

That said, I'd happily take a draw.

Back