• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

not to be hung up on this (Liverpool) but they have just published last years accounts. I would be surprised if our wages have not risen at a similar pace.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-wage-bill-soars-25-9979630

Liverpool's wage bill has soared to more than £200million per annum after a rise of 25 per cent, report the Liverpool Echo.

The Reds shelled out £208,258,000 on salaries for players and staff for the 12 months up to May 31 2016 - more than Premier League rivals Emirates Marketing Project (£198m) and Arsenal (£195m).

That represents a hefty increase on the previous year when Liverpool’s wage bill was £166,085,000. The details are included in the club’s accounts which have now been filed at Companies House.

fudging hell thats crazy money for such little return :eek:

To give some context to our spending power relative to our rivals, here's the latest figures from the Deloitte Football Money League...
C2iuh9HWgAAzXkS.jpg

THFC accounts are usually published in April IIRC, these are the latest wage figures from www.sportingintelligence.com/ anyway.

C6HXWOuXQAE-nhN.jpg

I really hope now that West Brom have reached the 40 point barrier that Pulis doesn't let them hit the beach from now (am i right that this often happens from Mach onwards with Pulis teams unless they are in a relegation dogfight?)

They along with Stoke, Southampton, Palace and Everton will have a big say imo in how the final top 4/6 standings finish; especially West Brom. Need them and Pulis to be at their motivated best in 9 days times...that home fixture vs Arsenal could be the most important yet in the chase for the top 4 (Wenger has only won once away vs Pulis in the PL..)

Of course we need to make sure we carry on doing what we've been doing (at least at home) and do our own job.

Glory brings up a raw wound in the memory. Remember when Fulop turned into Flipper the seal playing goal for WBA against Arsenal at the end of the 2011-12 season? Willfully inept effort to hand Arsenal fourth place, one point ahead of us.

Arsenal have probably already got the money packed into envelopes to hand out as the season winds down.

Last edited:
Glory brings up a raw wound in the memory. Remember when Fulop turned into Flipper the seal playing goal for WBA against Arsenal at the end of the 2011-12 season? Willfully inept effort to hand Arsenal fourth place, one point ahead of us.

Arsenal have probably already got the money packed into envelopes to hand out as the season winds down.

Win our remaining 11 games and there's nothing they can do

West Brom always bend over for Arsenal, always.

Nope; not always. Certainly i doubt Pulis will do so at home. He hates Wenger i think.

I believe Pulis has only lost at home once in the Premier League...am hoping he has almost been letting his trogs have two weeks off so they are as sharp as possible when it comes to set-pieces against Arsenal on Saturday lunchtime....oh well any straw will do...

If Arsenal win vs Brom, it wouldn't surprise me if the board push through an announcement of Wenger's new contract during the international break...so perhaps that's win:win actually lol..

Well with the long lay off for Kane, I reckon we are going to be facing a hard slog for the top 4. With him firing on all cylinders against the lower half opposition, we could've expected some easier wins. Now we may have the form of Liverpool or Man UTD against the smaller teams in the league.

Well with the long lay off for Kane, I reckon we are going to be facing a hard slog for the top 4. With him firing on all cylinders against the lower half opposition, we could've expected some easier wins. Now we may have the form of Liverpool or Man UTD against the smaller teams in the league.

I thought we always had good form (at home at least) against the smaller teams, regardless of Kane no?

I agree it may be harder to break them down, but perhaps the 3 CBs will mean we are granite-like at the back so wont concede if we go a goal up and perhaps less pressure on our attackers. I do wonder if that dodgy spell from the first West Brom game was more to do with Toby being out at the same time...i guess we'll find out on Sunday!

Back