• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Price of Football

Unfortunately I agree.
And it's a direct result of turning football into a business where sport is the product, rather than a sports club that is run along fundamental business lines ( stop it going under etc)

The fans are partly to blame - they want the best players and stadiums and these cost money. But when clubs do try to cut back fans will be the first to complain.

That said, the fans that do complain need to effect change - make it happen. You want lower prices? Boycoutt matches and hope everyone follows. Consistent low attendances will affect sponsors and, at some point, the club will have to act.

But be prepared for the club to decline or other fans to take your place.
It sucks,but that's the modern product that is football.

And complain about buying expensive players. Demand the club by cheaper players on lower wages so they can lower ticket prices. If fans are not doing this, they can hardly complain about prices. It's not as if clubs are making huge profits. The exceptions would be clubs like United where the "profit" is going to the Glazers (indirectly).

this is an odd thread, i dont see how lunch/food has anything to do with this. Nowadays, going to football is a "leisure" activity like going to the theatre or the opera or even the cinema. If you cant afford a seat, you dont go. 30 years ago, there was no football on tv, the only way to see a match was to do it in person, times have changed, now we have footie 24/7, from the J league to the copa libertadores. Football wont go back to its working class roots because theyre priced out of the game now, in the same way the big 2 will have automatic CL status while their sugar daddys own the purse strings. Its ridiculous to hear that it costs 25 quid to watch a league 2 or even a league 1 match but market forces dictate prices.

it wasn't a great analogy to start with, but people ran with it

a better one would be a nice item of jewellery, you want it, you'll be happier with it, but you have absolutely no need for it, if you can afford it, knock yourself out, enjoy it, if you can't afford it, jog on, but don't bleat to the world about how Omega should lower their prices because your dad had one in the old days and your sense of entitlement is in overdrive

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/dbd1985ac7bdc136e0843f8cdfaede2b.jpg
RAWKite said:
By now revealing so blatantly their real mercenary objectives, the owners of Liverpool Football Club have now taken ordinary Liverpool supporters like myself to the end game.

After 55 years unless there is a climb down I shall be surrendering my season ticket. Most others like myself will be doing the same.

A unified protest like this one as the first of many similar protests is the last chance saloon for us as supporters and for this football club as it still just about remains. If the club proceed with their proposed obscenity then we are finished. Sure the name will remain the same and we'll boast a huge fudge off new stand but the very heart of the club - and I make no apologies for including myself and my friends in that reference - will have been ripped out and discarded.

The people responsible for this proposed final death knell may well be ignorant or blind to exactly what it is their current proposed act of greed is actually doing. The cosmetic crumbs of mitigation such as the 1000 seats for schoolchildren and cheaper seat enticements suggest they do. However, whilst there remains the possibility that an "out of touch with the ordinary man/woman ignorance" may still be the case, the protests of the sort proposed may still reveal to them that they are following a morally unsupportable course and more worryingly a route to self-destruction.

So I would ask everyone who classes themselves as a Red or even just a football supporter to get right behind this initial call for action. Let it be the first of many in a burgeoning campaign that ensures common sense and decency and the fundamental ethos that underpins Liverpool Football Club manages to prevail over what is nothing more than disfunctional greed and ignorance of the powers that be.

fudgewits.

How difficult is it to understand that if every match sells out, the prices are too low.

Still they expect their team to consist of world class players and win every trophy.

Tickets should have course only be sold to people residing within Liverpool at no more than £10 a piece.

Liverpool owners boast about "transforming fans into customers" on FSG website

The statement comes after the official Liverpool Supporters' Committee branded the club's new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable"

Liverpool's owners have risked the wrath of the club's fans with a boast on their website about turning their fans into customers.

In the 'portfolio' section of the Fenway Sports Management site the company have used Liverpool as an example of where they are "transforming fans into customers"

The statement comes amid a huge backlash against the club's new ticket pricing system that has introduced the first £1,000 season ticket and £77 match day tickets.

The official Liverpool Supporters' Committee (LSC) branded the new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable"

The LSC have been worked with the club for over a year hoping to ensure supporting the club was affordable. While some progress whas been made with regards to ticket pricing and allocation for young and local fans, many ticket prices have risen considerably.

An LSC statement read: “The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices

“After months of time and effort, meetings and debate of ideas and plans to lower supporters’ costs, the owners have chosen to increase prices for many.

"In the context of the huge income rises the club will receive next year, to up their revenue from fans through season and match day tickets is both unnecessary and morally unjustifiable."

you have to admire FSG's honesty here, it's not revolutionary though, clubs have been doing that for decades

If they think its to much money to pay the team they support then they have the choice not to go ' (simple as that), supply and demand like everything if they will not pay it others will.

Liverpool owners boast about "transforming fans into customers" on FSG website

The statement comes after the official Liverpool Supporters' Committee branded the club's new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable"

Liverpool's owners have risked the wrath of the club's fans with a boast on their website about turning their fans into customers.

In the 'portfolio' section of the Fenway Sports Management site the company have used Liverpool as an example of where they are "transforming fans into customers"

The statement comes amid a huge backlash against the club's new ticket pricing system that has introduced the first £1,000 season ticket and £77 match day tickets.

The official Liverpool Supporters' Committee (LSC) branded the new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable"

The LSC have been worked with the club for over a year hoping to ensure supporting the club was affordable. While some progress whas been made with regards to ticket pricing and allocation for young and local fans, many ticket prices have risen considerably.

An LSC statement read: “The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices

“After months of time and effort, meetings and debate of ideas and plans to lower supporters’ costs, the owners have chosen to increase prices for many.

"In the context of the huge income rises the club will receive next year, to up their revenue from fans through season and match day tickets is both unnecessary and morally unjustifiable."

Seems Fenway have taken note of the criticism and changed the website. It now says "transforming customers into fans". Unfortunately for them the newspapers have images of the earlier version:

30DFD9C400000578-0-image-a-65_1454587371596.jpg

I'm not sure this is an improvement as it seems to be say they have given up converting fans into customers and now want to make the day-trippers (day-dippers?) into fans to replace traditional fans.

according to the guardian, many thousands of fans walked out chanting "you greedy bastards, enough is enough", in direction of the company who saved them from bankruptcy and a potential winding up

man, football fans can be real stupid and incredibly ungrateful sometimes

according to the guardian, many thousands of fans walked out chanting "you greedy bastards, enough is enough", in direction of the company who saved them from bankruptcy and a potential winding up

It's the players who are greedy. FSG are just poor at running a football club. Wasting so much money on transfers, gotta make it up somewhere. They really are doing moneyball backwards.

It's the players who are greedy. FSG are just poor at running a football club. Wasting so much money on transfers, gotta make it up somewhere. They really are doing moneyball backwards.

i don't think anyone is being greedy, there are a lot of fan's who welcomed the new order in with open arms twenty five years ago and are now complaining about the inevitable consequences

Indeed.

I really do feel ungrateful when I, on my salary, am facing ticket prices that force me to compromise my family, while at the same time the players have to do with shamefully low salaries in the range of 20k-150k a week. I really should behave....

I really do feel ungrateful when I, on my salary, am facing ticket prices that force me to compromise my family, while at the same time the players have to do with shamefully low salaries in the range of 20k-150k a week. I really should behave....
Do you say the same thing about penthouses in Mayfair? What about holidays in St Barts or dinner at Marcus?

If you want something premium expect to pay a lot for it. There are all kinds of things I want to buy but can't, same for everyone else.

Back