• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Price of Football

Sky reporting that it' being done across the board by PL clubs...so at least we're not too much at a disadvantage
Edit: i mean away ticket prices

It has to be wondered if whether to compensate many clubs will reduce the number of away seats allocated at most matches...

I must admit i'm amazed that has happened, will be interesting how long it takes for someone to protest about disparity between home and away prices, and also how long it takes them to want the same limits on home tickets.

Away games are different as you have the additional travel costs. You are going out of your way to support your club more than you are going to home games, relative to where you live of course.

Yep, I would.

Seriously though, they know the market better than I do and they know what level of pricing fits the demand. I trust them to set pricing at the appropriate level.

The tv deal next season is so ridiculous that even clubs like Watford can buy players like Mario Suarez and Stoke can sign Affelay and Shaqiri. It dwarfs what the other leagues tv deals are that it would have been beyond greedy to not reward the fans for a change.

The tv deal next season is so ridiculous that even clubs like Watford can buy players like Mario Suarez and Stoke can sign Affelay and Shaqiri. It dwarfs what the other leagues tv deals are that it would have been beyond greedy to not reward the fans for a change.
Greed has nothing to do with it. If Levy isn't maximising profits (or capital value) then he isn't doing his job.

Away games are different as you have the additional travel costs. You are going out of your way to support your club more than you are going to home games, relative to where you live of course.

these days, it's a massive assumption that PL fans live locally, the average commute for a home fan has never been higher

also, the customer is still getting something, I don't pay less for a pint in brew dog because I travelled further to get there, I'll be surprised if a same product difference price protest doesn't come along soon

When Watford can buy players like Mario Suarez and Stoke can play Affelay and Shaqiri it becomes even more important to maximize our non-tv deal revenue. Because assembling a team that can beat Mario Suarez, Affelay and Shaqiri with regularity is harder than assembling a team that can beat the players these teams used to be able to attract. To even get to the point of competing with teams in other leagues in actual games of football we have to get into Europe, preferably the Champions league. To do that we have to beat Watford and Stoke.

Every club in the league getting a £50m direct injection would level the playing field and make our advantage over teams with less of a revenue stream smaller. Though relatively speaking the impact it has on the relationship between us and teams with twice our revenue stream is smaller as the proportion of the revenue streams the broadcasting rights makes up is smaller.

The £30 cap for away games hurts the London clubs. How is it fair that we will give Liverpool away fans a break, pay more to watch the same game as them, and reduced our club's revenues relative to theirs?

Of course, there is nothing to stop Liverpool using some of their superior commercial revenues to help their own away fans.

Back