• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Price of Football

Pretty much spot on. It doesn't sound like much the way some money is wasted by football clubs, but it's still a solid chunk of money. And a lot more important to us than some of the richer clubs.

Do you think that if the £20 is plenty campaign succeeds that will the be the end point of fans wanting cheaper tickets or the starting point of more campaigns?

Ultimately the clubs will always decide, so the fans can complain all they want, and at this point have received no positive indication collectively or individually from the clubs (not sure what LFC have conceded to).

This is only away tickets which are by and large consumed by the hardcore support, so this will not be helping the prawn sandwich or tourist supporter either.

Perhaps the premier league themselves could retain money from the tv deal to cover the costs of the ticket reduction. They keep saying the fans are a big part of what makes it exciting/attractive.

£3.37bn is the increase in tv money compared to the 2010 deal. £3370 million extra floating around. The thing is we all have a pretty good idea where this is getting absorbed.....and thats pretty sad.

PS. Disclosure. i can afford to go, i'm just viewing it from a fan perspective, and in broader terms perhaps a social/corporate responsibility angle. In my eyes the arguments against doing it are pretty weak but then again i'm not Gordon Gekko.

Pretty much spot on. It doesn't sound like much the way some money is wasted by football clubs, but it's still a solid chunk of money. And a lot more important to us than some of the richer clubs.

Do you think that if the £20 is plenty campaign succeeds that will the be the end point of fans wanting cheaper tickets or the starting point of more campaigns?

15 is fine
10 is top
fiver a pop
yid's for a quid
fudge you pay me

the long game is fan's want to be paid to go and have their ego jerked off that they are important and actually relevant to what happens on the pitch, which they are not

I think we might be close to peak in stadium attendances, we are already seeing Italian sides building smaller stadiums, none will admit it (especially in Italy) but I'm sure clubs would much rather a small stadium full of families than a large one full of the stereotype, fewer policing and stewarding issues, greater profit from concessions and souvenirs, knowing all the while that global tv money and sponsorship deals will fuel everything else

15 is fine
10 is top
fiver a pop
yid's for a quid
fudge you pay me

the long game is fan's want to be paid to go and have their ego jerked off that they are important and actually relevant to what happens on the pitch, which they are not

I think we might be close to peak in stadium attendances, we are already seeing Italian sides building smaller stadiums, none will admit it (especially in Italy) but I'm sure clubs would much rather a small stadium full of families than a large one full of the stereotype, fewer policing and stewarding issues, greater profit from concessions and souvenirs, knowing all the while that global tv money and sponsorship deals will fuel everything else

I think you've hit the nail right on the head, they want more One Direction type fans than Status Quo. Where are all the soccer moms?

Well as long as I have been going to football fans have always bitched about ticket prices so I do not think that will change at all.

true, I remember my dad moaning when it was £9 for the Lane

if you want a real ridiculous pricing model to moan about look down the league, plenty of league 2 sides who charge £20, to stand! for league 2!

I have a mate who goes to welling quite a bit, £15, they're non league, that's madness

true, I remember my dad moaning when it was £9 for the Lane

if you want a real ridiculous pricing model to moan about look down the league, plenty of league 2 sides who charge £20, to stand! for league 2!

I have a mate who goes to welling quite a bit, £15, they're non league, that's madness

I know £15 to watch non league seems steep but they just about survive on that cost, most clubs at that level are struggling.

I know £15 to watch non league seems steep but they just about survive on that cost, most clubs at that level are struggling.

if they want to be a professional football club they need to be a viable business, there are other options, they could merge with another local club or move to the amateur ranks

clubs that think like this now are going to be ahead of the game when football's recession arrives

if they want to be a professional football club they need to be a viable business, there are other options, they could merge with another local club or move to the amateur ranks

clubs that think like this now are going to be ahead of the game when football's recession arrives

Hopefully they'll survive as I shall be going to Welling when we move, unfortunately the modern game as devised by the "F*** you lot League" and their media fluffy bunnies cuddlings has changed the landscape of the game I love and I no longer enjoy going as I use to despite our recent successful period. It's all got to intense and winners are great and losers s***, which anyone who's played the game will tell you is b******.

Hopefully they'll survive as I shall be going to Welling when we move, unfortunately the modern game as devised by the "F*** you lot League" and their media *****s has changed the landscape of the game I love and I no longer enjoy going as I use to despite our recent successful period. It's all got to intense and winners are great and losers s***, which anyone who's played the game will tell you is b******.

Great post wish I could give it more then one like.

The argument that the clubs should use the extra TV money to reduce ticket prices ignores an important factor. The new TV contract evens things out, with the shared revenue now even larger relative to the merit component. That means clubs need to use other revenues to get an advantage. If a club wants to get ahead the matchday becomes more important, not less. Clubs with larger stadia and ability to charge higher prices gain an advantage.

I note in this debate about tickets that Liverpool fans have suggested London clubs cut ticket prices because of the larger TV deal, but I notice that none have suggested that Liverpool give up their extra commercial income.

Hopefully they'll survive as I shall be going to Welling when we move, unfortunately the modern game as devised by the "F*** you lot League" and their media *****s has changed the landscape of the game I love and I no longer enjoy going as I use to despite our recent successful period. It's all got to intense and winners are great and losers s***, which anyone who's played the game will tell you is b******.

there is an enormous amateur football system in this country to support that

you can get off the merry go round without leaving the fair

Ultimately the clubs will always decide, so the fans can complain all they want, and at this point have received no positive indication collectively or individually from the clubs (not sure what LFC have conceded to).

This is only away tickets which are by and large consumed by the hardcore support, so this will not be helping the prawn sandwich or tourist supporter either.

Perhaps the premier league themselves could retain money from the tv deal to cover the costs of the ticket reduction. They keep saying the fans are a big part of what makes it exciting/attractive.

£3.37bn is the increase in tv money compared to the 2010 deal. £3370 million extra floating around. The thing is we all have a pretty good idea where this is getting absorbed.....and thats pretty sad.

PS. Disclosure. i can afford to go, i'm just viewing it from a fan perspective, and in broader terms perhaps a social/corporate responsibility angle. In my eyes the arguments against doing it are pretty weak but then again i'm not Gordon Gekko.

But it's not fair to claim that the £20 is plenty campaign is only about that specific issue if a win on this issue will inevitably lead to other campaigns about ticket prices. That's the perspective Scara has argued and the perspective Levy, Spurs and of course other clubs must take into account.

it's a trojan horse to force reduced ticket prices across the board

if they get that in the argument will then shift to, "how is it fair that home fans are forced to pay two or three times as much for comparable seats in the same arena for the same performance?"

Just out of interest, what do people make of airline companies for example putting flight prices up about 400% to all European cities which teams are playing in Europe in the next couple of weeks? Supply and demand so it's cool or are they wrong to do this?

Just out of interest, what do people make of airline companies for example putting flight prices up about 400% to all European cities which teams are playing in Europe in the next couple of weeks? Supply and demand so it's cool or are they wrong to do this?

Is it fair of a bookie to lower the odds if a lot of people bet on the same outcome?

Airlines use a lot of the same mechanisms. The first few tickets are cheap, then prices go up.

Back