• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Perfect Shave...tips and ideas

Only tip I'd give is fill the sink with boiling water from a kettle and close all doors and windows. The condensation is good for a better shave and the extra hot water from the kettle makes the razor go through like a warm knife through butter.

Only tip I'd give is fill the sink with boiling water from a kettle and close all doors and windows. The condensation is good for a better shave and the extra hot water from the kettle makes the razor go through like a warm knife through butter.

Alternatively - you can shave straight after you shower - same effect (but crucially improtant, imv)

I do do this. I'm a rebel today as I didn't shave and I have one days growth. My boss is off but my other boss is in and will say something, clown shoe

I switched to a Merkur 38C Barberpole late last year on the recommendation of someone on here (I cannot remember who but thanks). It took a little getting used to but is brilliant, a very close, clean shave. I started off using this cream

http://www.shaving-shack.com/taylor-of-old-bond-st-shaving-cream-sandalwood-150g.html

it is good, I use their soap now which lasts longer. Just make sure you change your blade regularly (I change mine every week).

Cheers pal, when you say started with that shaving cream have you now moved onto another one? Im going to try this one anyway....

Cheers pal, when you say started with that shaving cream have you now moved onto another one? Im going to try this one anyway....

I am currently using Taylor's shaving soap rather than the cream because one lasts for six months or so, whereas I went through a tub of cream in about six weeks. The cream gives a slightly better shave but there isn't much in it.

I can recommend these razor blades too

http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-feather-hi-stainless-double-edged-razor-blades.html

The advice I would give when shaving with a safety razor is to cut with the hair rather than against it, use less pressure than you are used to with a Gillette, make short strokes and rinse the blade after each one.

Anyone ever use a cutthroat razor? I'm quite tempted to get one but a bit worried about slicing my face up. I don't have to shave for work and have pathetic facial hair that grows so slowly I only have to shave once a week.

Anyone ever use a cutthroat razor? I'm quite tempted to get one but a bit worried about slicing my face up. I don't have to shave for work and have pathetic facial hair that grows so slowly I only have to shave once a week.

I thought you had to be over 18 to join this board.

Get a new job. Tell your team and your boss that beards are for men and those who don't have beards are children and woman.

Good shout Mumorn. I'm thinking of leaving anyway! However I bought the merker 38c, got some of that alum block and also the shaving cream recommended Taylor of jermyn street or whatever it was. First shave today sliced the fcuk out of my chin with one big chunk but other than that it feels like a much better shave already!

Gillette will never be getting my money again....

Back