• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Perfect Shave...tips and ideas

Good shout Mumorn. I'm thinking of leaving anyway! However I bought the merker 38c, got some of that alum block and also the shaving cream recommended Taylor of jermyn street or whatever it was. First shave today sliced the fcuk out of my chin with one big chunk but other than that it feels like a much better shave already!

Gillette will never be getting my money again....

Use a little less force, short strokes and rinse the blade more than you would with a Gillette. You'll soon get the hang of it and it is a far better, closer shave. I would recommend that you change the blade every week if you are shaving every day.

Use a little less force, short strokes and rinse the blade more than you would with a Gillette. You'll soon get the hang of it and it is a far better, closer shave. I would recommend that you change the blade every week if you are shaving every day.

cheers Milo, good advice. I will use one blade a week then and see if that lasts. Feather blades I got 30 for about £12 so should last 30 weeks then which is pretty darn good.

Anyone ever use a cutthroat razor? I'm quite tempted to get one but a bit worried about slicing my face up. I don't have to shave for work and have pathetic facial hair that grows so slowly I only have to shave once a week.

I've used a cuthroat for about 5 years now. It is a real learning curve, but boy once you get it , what a shave. I'd suggest starting with a safety Razor and then perhaps moving to a Cutthroat. The other advantage with a straight or cuthroat is that once you have a couple, you'll never need to buy those over priced cartridges again. EVER.

Anyone suffer from crappy ingrown hairs?

I suffer really badly. I got a tiny lump under my chin barely seeable but its there and pulled out a hair the length of Mandingo's ****

cheers Milo, good advice. I will use one blade a week then and see if that lasts. Feather blades I got 30 for about £12 so should last 30 weeks then which is pretty darn good.

I bought the same a few months ago and got a free gift (I chose another ten feather blades), so got 40 for £12. I was spending over half that a month when I was using a Mach III.

Anyone suffer from crappy ingrown hairs?

I suffer really badly. I got a tiny lump under my chin barely seeable but its there and pulled out a hair the length of Mandingo's ****

all the time - son's of a motherless goat they are

including one that was 2mm wide! literally had to wait for it swell up and then cut the skin to get it out.
left a huge hole and took a few weeks to heal.

bloody horrible.

just brought a safety razor from Boots to try it out - pretty sure im going to cut myself to fcuk.
(guess i better start using shaving cream instead of just water)

all the time - son's of a motherless goat they are

including one that was 2mm wide! literally had to wait for it swell up and then cut the skin to get it out.
left a huge hole and took a few weeks to heal.

bloody horrible.

just brought a safety razor from Boots to try it out - pretty sure im going to cut myself to fcuk.

Those fudgers hurt. Just get tweezers and go to town.

I cant believe there isnt anything half decent that sorts out ingrown hairs properly. There isnt anything im aware of and everytime I ask its always use hot water, make sure the razor is sharp etc etc etc IT HASNT HELPED INT HE PAST AND WONT HELP IN THE FUTURE. I need something medical something that will dissolve the fudgers.

I cant believe there isnt anything half decent that sorts out ingrown hairs properly. There isnt anything im aware of and everytime I ask its always use hot water, make sure the razor is sharp etc etc etc IT HASNT HELPED INT HE PAST AND WONT HELP IN THE FUTURE. I need something medical something that will dissolve the fudgers.

I told you on page 1 sunshine. Just use a trimmer rather than close shaving, then they don't get chance to grow in, the little bastads

Exfoliate once or twice each week, shave regularly, and always shave with the hair rather than against it

Is it a plastic one? If so, I'm not sure if it is going to be any good. You want a safety razor with a bit of weight behind it ideally

Recently, I purchased an Edwin Jagger DE razor and badger hair brush. I added in some extract of limes products and alum block from www.trumpers.com and having just graduated onto some merkur blades, I am getting some awesomely close shaves.

I am also noticing that my face is slowly clearing up. Initially, these products are not cheap, but over time you will save loads of cash, by not buying those fancy multi-bladed systems and lotions.

I have to get up about 20 minutes earlier than usual, but the extra time it takes to shave is well worth it.

I told you on page 1 sunshine. Just use a trimmer rather than close shaving, then they don't get chance to grow in, the little bastads

Mate - I trim I dont shave. I trim using clippers which arent too bad. The thing is I dont keep it trimmed and only trim when it gets a touch too long. Maybe I need to trim every couple of days.

As Milo says I may need to take extra care like exfoliation or getting some other brick on my face like cream or face wash

I get loads of ingrowing hairs and they are starting to cause scarring! bastards. But I have noticed that I do have less in a week of using this Merker 38C safety razor with the feather blades, use that Olam thing or whatever its called and then follow up with Tend Skin which is supposed to sort out ingrowing hairs.

Whenever I have ingrowing hairs I use a sterlizied pin to get at the middle of it and pluck it out, however apparently to stop it from growing back the same way you are supposed to shave it off rather than pull it out. Although pulling it out feels so much better!

I use a babybliss I stubble trimmer. 0.4mm is the lowest it goes which is perfect stubble length for me and it only takes 2 minutes.

I use a proper braun electric if I need to look clean shaven for a meeting, skin cuts too bad when using a proper razor.

Back