• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Perfect Shave...tips and ideas

Alright dudes,

I am looking for the perfect shave. Unfortunately my boss is a cnut and makes me shave every single day as I am client facing every day.

I have sensitive skin and if I shave every day I either increase the chance of ingrowing hairs, or sometimes get shaving spots. Fcuk me im 29 and still get spots.

Has anyone got a great routine for wet shaving? At the moment I do the following:

1) Hot Shower and exfoliate with Clinique For Men
2) Put moisturiser on
3) Put Shaving Foam on with badger brush, either King of Shaves or Nivea For Men Foam
4) Use Gillette Mach Fusion to shave it off
5) Cold Water to rinse off and block pores
6) finish with Clinique post balm

Now I get ingrowing hairs which are fudging annoying and I get them out with a needle and then tweesers. However I read on Amazon after buying some Tendskin (which is meant to be good for ingrowing hairs) that some dude who rated and wrote a review did the following and found it awesome:

"1. Thrown away my latest and greatest gillete 4 blade cartridge razor
2. Replaced it with a traditional 1 blade Merkur 34c razor
3. Learnt how to use it (look on YouTube for "safety razor" and watch the "how to" videos
4. Bought an ALUM BLOCK - which is wet and applied to the skin after shaving which sterilises the skin
5. Used a decent shaving cream - the traditional kind applied with a badger hair brush
6. Once the skin is dry post shaving - apply tendskin (I have also applied at night)
7. Use a wet hot face towel to ensure the face is very hot before shaving
8. Use the same COLD face towel after shaving (but before the ALUM block and tendskin)"

So I have bought one of these 1 blade razors and ALUM Block like the guy above and am waiting for it to be delivered but does anyone think they have the PERFECT shave and also suffers from ingrowing hairs/shaving rash/spots and found a solution?

Nice one.

Use a Gillette on your nutsack and around the base of your... Hold on, this is a different thread?!

OK, as a man with a mans beard, I can have trouble with shaving. I've got really thick hair and if you don't get it off straight away, the skin pulls up and I get razaor rash or cut. I actually can't shave two days straight without cutting myself on the second day as the skin is still up.

So... Always shave after a shower unless you're going to bother going with hot towels. Then use Kiehls Close Shave Squadron. Not the cheapest but it lasts forever and you can put it on dry:
M_KiehlB.jpg

It's the absolute 100% conkers gear, better than any oil, foam or cream that I have tried, lasts forever and you will never cut and can get close. I use Mach 3 heads. Seriously, Kiehls Close Shave Squadron will change your life.

It's brilliant, don't use water with it though, wet face is OK, but it doesn't need water and you only need a thin covering. I keep a beard and only shave my neck, so it's perfect that you don't need much as you can see where the line is... I need a job with these guys.

Gilette are absolutely toss. All the vibrating "power" ones are absolute tosh, nothing more than a marketing gimmick. I got one for Christmas once (awesome) and the best shave I ever had with it was when I forgot to turn it on

Gilette are absolutely toss. All the vibrating "power" ones are absolute tosh, nothing more than a marketing gimmick. I got one for Christmas once (awesome) and the best shave I ever had with it was when I forgot to turn it on

The vibration thing is nonesense but I've used Mach 3 for years and it's the best imo. Won't bother with Wilkinson Sword or any new, more expensive Gillette product as I've found what works for me personally.

Well I have just bought this safety razor but apparently you have to adapt your style and be more gentle as more of the blade is exposed. I also bought 30 blades for £12! it would cost you about £100 to buy 30 Gillette Proglide razors. absolute rip off. will not buy Gillette ever again.

I think you guys should use a trimmer first to get the hair to a shorter length. THEN shave. Its better.

i use Gillette but really hate it. Need to change to maybe wilkinson or somethin

Go here http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html get yourself a sample pack of blades, you WILL cut yourself until you find the correct blade. For example I went for the feather edge blades which were supposed to be super sharp and ripped half my chin off. I ended up with the derby blades in the end

I suffer from ingrowing hairs, which after much trial and error I decided was due to shaving too close.

Every advert for razors says "hey, this one is even closer" but that's the opposite of what I want.

I want a razor that will leave 1mm of hair sticking out, so the curly stiff bast*rds don't start growing under the skin.

Why the hell would I want 3 or 4 blades on one razor, each going closer than the last? Totally not what I want.

So I use a trimmer now and leave stubble every day.

It's a multi billion pound industry built on lies and myth; all blades are just sharp bits of metal that go dull very quickly.

I have the toughest beard this side of Sandro, so I would have to change blades all the time if I shaved.

Forget all the fannying about and just leave a neat stubble and tell your boss to go spin.

there's too many choices. I got the Merker 34c yesterday, but shaving cream, fcuk theres about 4000 there as well as the razors!

I switched to a Merkur 38C Barberpole late last year on the recommendation of someone on here (I cannot remember who but thanks). It took a little getting used to but is brilliant, a very close, clean shave. I started off using this cream

http://www.shaving-shack.com/taylor-of-old-bond-st-shaving-cream-sandalwood-150g.html

it is good, I use their soap now which lasts longer. Just make sure you change your blade regularly (I change mine every week).

Back