• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The owners - where do you sit?

Are Spurs in the right hands?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
My views on the owners haven’t really changed. If new owners came in who ran the club within the rules and backed the manager to improve the team I’d be all for it. The team is doing well right now and everyone is behind the manager so it would be counter-productive for fans to voice their disapproval about the current regime.

my ongoing new relationship with the spurs pages on FB has resulted in my being offered a fight, being told I'm effing deluded and largely being met with anger at having a different view. Oh and people saying we should go back to 3 at the back, shouldn't sign a centreback as they will sit on the bench, and that Kulu is "slow and lumbering, needs to be benched".

What do you expect from macarons on FB.

My views on the owners haven’t really changed. If new owners came in who ran the club within the rules and backed the manager to improve the team I’d be all for it. The team is doing well right now and everyone is behind the manager so it would be counter-productive for fans to voice their disapproval about the current regime.
The "and" in that sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting. What we are doing at the moment is backing the manager within the rules. There really isn't much of a scope past that until we start earning more (CL appearances/improved use of the stadium).

The "and" in that sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting. What we are doing at the moment is backing the manager within the rules. There really isn't much of a scope past that until we start earning more (CL appearances/improved use of the stadium).

I’m of the view that it’s time for a change as they’ve been at the club for over two decades. I accept there are risks that come with changing owners.

I feel no affinity at all towards ENIC. I don't like them or their tax-exile owner and I've never been able to warm to Levy. That's mostly because I just don't like corporate types though, and I recognise there's often an awful lot of truth in the adage "be careful what you wish for". I don't believe we'll ever turn into a trophy-winning side as long as what I view as the dead hand of ENIC is upon us, and I don't think winning the odd cup would ever change my view of them either. HOWEVER, I'm resigned to them remaining in charge, and I'm content for us to continue on our present course under Postecoglou. If that all goes tits-up and we find ourselves back at square one again though, I reckon I'll just about have had enough.

I voted no. I am somewhere in the middle in truth.

To have not won a trophy since 2008 is inexcusable. Our transfer record historically is far from impressive especially our failure to spend when necessary and when doing so likely would have made a significant difference.

I have belief that the stadium was built in part to help increase our portfolio value. But of course it’s great that we have a stadium to that level. But was it truthful to say it wouldn’t affect spending and yet we were the first club to fail to sign anyone during the key transfer window of summer 2018.

We could be in worse hands but that in itself doesn’t mean that ENIC are the best or right owners for us.

I’m hopeful that the overhaul last summer including Levy seemingly distancing himself more from the football side will bear fruit but that’s something we have to wait and see the results for. I’m excited by our potential right now and that’s why I’m in the middle of yes and no as to whether we have the right owners as I want to see how this moves forward from here.

This is the most concise version of my answer. I’ve written other versions which I subsequently deleted going more into depth on my thought process but hopefully what I’ve said here will give reason for my views.

Ultimately no.

They are too cautious in their approach and over the years have made too many poor footballing decisions for me. The model they follow isn't an issue for me, but its one thing to attempt a method of operation and another to actually execute, and I think we've failed at executing. There is very muddled football knowledge, they clearly are quite clueless about such important football matters as squad composition (not this season, but many previously). I could go into depth but fundamentally I don't see Levy as a good football chairman, his understanding of the game and the methods and approaches to take I find very wanting.

There is a model a club like ourselves should follow and we do partially but then appoint a Mourinho or Conte and it just makes me think that Levy doesn't even understand his own model or why those men were successful in the first place. He courted Jose for years, and in 2021 to still refer to him as "one of the best two managers in the world" I find very, very concerning. There have been too many missed opportunities over the years for me, on the balance they are in the negative.

Recent decisions and actions have been Positive but it will take quite some time before I believe in their ability to execute.
I won’t vote no (in fact, I won’t vote at all - I’m in the middle, edging towards a no) but the above two posts are pretty close to my position. I therefore won’t try to improve on what they say.

He popped in for a bit during our run of losses. Sure he’ll be back at the first bit of bad news!
I enjoy his posts! I like the tone of the exchanges on this board more than any other Spurs boards that I’ve ever (briefly!) visited in the past; but GG is unusual in being fairly pro-Levy. I sometimes agree with Dubai, sometimes I don’t - but he brings an alternative and reasonably argued viewpoint, and that’s a good thing for me.

I'm not opposed to change as long as there's a clearly defined benefit to doing so.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of "fudge it, let's chuck the dice and see" as a business approach.

There wouldn’t be any guarantees with new owners. I can see why some don’t want to risk it, but in my opinion that’s no reason to stick with ENIC forever just because it might go wrong if we had different owners.

my ongoing new relationship with the spurs pages on FB has resulted in my being offered a fight, being told I'm effing deluded and largely being met with anger at having a different view. Oh and people saying we should go back to 3 at the back, shouldn't sign a centreback as they will sit on the bench, and that Kulu is "slow and lumbering, needs to be benched".

Thats twitter to a tee. Its so toxic on there now I generally use it to make myself feel better about my life. 40 and 50 year old men crying because the clubs not signed who they wanted and a bunch of plumbers and plasterers (I have no issue with the trade BTW) saying they could run a 3bn company better.

I won’t vote no (in fact, I won’t vote at all - I’m in the middle, edging towards a no) but the above two posts are pretty close to my position. I therefore won’t try to improve on what they say.

I enjoy his posts! I like the tone of the exchanges on this board more than any other Spurs boards that I’ve ever (briefly!) visited in the past; but GG is unusual in being fairly pro-Levy. I sometimes agree with Dubai, sometimes I don’t - but he brings an alternative and reasonably argued viewpoint, and that’s a good thing for me.

Feel the same as you and my views reflect Bishop and El Guepardo. I feel new owners could be a good thing but it would be counter-productive to start chanting “Levy out” when the team is doing well and the atmosphere and mood at the games in general is vastly improved compared to last season.

You know he will.

You rang? 😂

@Surfless - good question. For me, we're handicapped by the owners we have, and always will be - barely competent guppies in a sea with a lot of large, ambitious and well funded sharks.

But there's little to be gained in relitigating the battles between those who see them as the be all and end all of what we can hope for, and those who don't. Not while people are generally enjoying the vibes at the club rn.

So I fall into the camp @Jurgen the German and others are in - I'd like a change, but ideally I hope it happens without the acrimony of another fan split like we had last summer, and throughout last season.

Maybe Joe Lewis gets sent down for insider trading by the Americans and that naturally sparks a sale to someone better. Fingers crossed. ;)

@parklane1 - okay, I'm out - as you were mate. ;)

Back