• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The owners - where do you sit?

Are Spurs in the right hands?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
There wouldn’t be any guarantees with new owners. I can see why some don’t want to risk it, but in my opinion that’s no reason to stick with ENIC forever just because it might go wrong if we had different owners.
Those theoretical owners would have to offer something ENIC can't though. We have to assume that the PL will properly implement their spending rules, so the only scope for improvement is income.

Increasing the club's revenue streams is the one thing that most people agree Levy has been very good at.

So what could potential owners offe that we don't already have? A better management structure? Probably not at our level. Better player recruitment? Again, probably not with out spending power.

Those theoretical owners would have to offer something ENIC can't though. We have to assume that the PL will properly implement their spending rules, so the only scope for improvement is income.

Increasing the club's revenue streams is the one thing that most people agree Levy has been very good at.

So what could potential owners offe that we don't already have? A better management structure? Probably not at our level. Better player recruitment? Again, probably not with out spending power.

Be able to clear the stadium debt? Pay for the rest of the development around the ground?

I dunno. As i said i'm not fussed and i'm really only talking of lewis rather than levy.

No one with any business sense if going to do that.

In fact, the debt arrangements we do have makes us massively attractive to a buyer.

We're still paying £30m interest a season. That could be spent on wages. Not even mentioning a naming rights deal. Or multi club ownership.

I'm obviously not talking about someone with business sense.

As i said i'm not fussed.

We're still paying £30m interest a season. That could be spent on wages. Not even mentioning a naming rights deal. Or multi club ownership.

I should have said common sense

A business would be looking for a return of greater than 30m per year if they invested what it would take to clear the debt.
It has been stated that the advertisement benefit of having the stadium named Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is more than we would get in naming rights.

The model that would make sense

- Leave stadium debt, it's a significant number but it's low interest rate, long term debt, simply not economically sensible to pay it off
- New owner would buy part/all of ENIC holdings
- Part of the purchase would be to fund first team acquisitions over next 3 seasons (Chelsea did something like this, i.e. certain amount allocated to first team buys)
- Invest in more aggressive global marketing to increase future potential revenue.

Of course you have to play with the accounting execution of that to align to FFP but we are fairly unique, no infrastructure investment needed, at worst a top 6 squad already in place, brand established.

It's just the cost in

A business would be looking for a return of greater than 30m per year if they invested what it would take to clear the debt.
It has been stated that the advertisement benefit of having the stadium named Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is more than we would get in naming rights.

A business would. Do the qataris etc... look at a return?

Lets face it. Nobody wants a business man to be the new owners. They want an abramovich or sheik. Somebody that will throw money at the club till they win something.

A business would. Do the qataris etc... look at a return?

Lets face it. Nobody wants a business man to be the new owners. They want an abramovich or sheik. Somebody that will throw money at the club till they win something.
Qataris look at a different type of return or do you really think they are getting involved in sport just for the fun of it?

How would paying off the debt work with regards to FFP? Has to be some way that it would breach rules..

Qataris look at a different type of return or do you really think they are getting involved in sport just for the fun of it?

How would paying off the debt work with regards to FFP? Has to be some way that it would breach rules..

The qataris are involved for the same reason that abramovich was. Because they want world recognition so they aren't wiped out for their assets.

As for paying off debt. Ffp says nothing ofn debt. Chelsea just wiped off £1bn owed to abramovich.

No, FFP is basically the allowed overspend over a 3 year period (income vs. expense)

Paying off debt as part of buying the club wouldn't be an issue, how you got that debt could be indicative however, e.g. we are £xM in debt as a result of infrastructure outlay that is well structured for reasonable payback per year over long term, vs. a team borrowing money to buy players on a short term high payback rate that will limit their in year spend significantly.

Rumours Saudi Sportswashing Machine are having to sell in order to avoid ffp (?)

If the Saudis can't get round it not sure what we're expecting from any future owners.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a turnover of £120m. Spent what £400m? We have a turnover of £400m yet spent around £400m in the same time.

As i said i'm not fussed. I think levy has done a good job overall under tight circumstances (years with zero net spend). Things are changing now. I'd just like to be able to go out and buy a lineker or waddle or klinnsmann or greaves. World class plsyers in their pomp. Not just the next gen of stars.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a turnover of £120m. Spent what £400m? We have a turnover of £400m yet spent around £400m in the same time.

As i said i'm not fussed. I think levy has done a good job overall under tight circumstances (years with zero net spend). Things are changing now. I'd just like to be able to go out and buy a lineker or waddle or klinnsmann or greaves. World class plsyers in their pomp. Not just the next gen of stars.

We'll soon be in a position where the squad needs minimal work, just refreshing where necessary - at that point our turnover should allow us to splurge on starters enough to keep us competitive at the top - we don't really need to be going in to the market spending hundreds of millions every window

We'll soon be in a position where the squad needs minimal work, just refreshing where necessary - at that point our turnover should allow us to splurge on starters enough to keep us competitive at the top - we don't really need to be going in to the market spending hundreds of millions every window

We will never be the finished article. The better we get, the more it will cost to improve.

Isak, botman and Bruno are their gems, botman as part of four centre half's would be great. Isak would fit nicely too.

Back