• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Posted on the Liverpool thread as well:

Chelsea apparently ready to take a portion of that Mata cash and use it to gazump Liverpool's bid for Basle winger Mohammad Salah.

So they send a good player to bolster ManU, then torpedo their biggest rival's bid to strengthen their midfield. Chelsea at Liverpool Apr. 26. Visors down.

Posted on the Liverpool thread as well:

Chelsea apparently ready to take a portion of that Mata cash and use it to gazump Liverpool's bid for Basle winger Mohammad Salah.

So they send a good player to bolster ManU, then torpedo their biggest rival's bid to strengthen their midfield. Chelsea at Liverpool Apr. 26. Visors down.

Chelsea need to get their own scouts.....

Not a transfer but...

remier League: Southampton have suspended striker Dani Osvaldo
Last Updated: 23/01/14 12:23pm

Dani Osvaldo: Suspended by Southampton after training ground incident
Sky Bet
Southampton v Yeovil
Southampton 2/7
Draw 9/2
Yeovil 17/2
Football Betting
Up To £30 Free Matched Bet
Dani Osvaldo has been handed a two-week suspension by Southampton following an incident at the club's training ground.

The 28-year-old, a £15million signing from Serie A side Roma, has been sanctioned for what Southampton describe as a breach of conduct.

Sky sources understand the incident involved an altercation with another Saints player.

A club statement read: "Southampton Football Club has today suspended striker Dani Osvaldo for two weeks, following an incident at the club's Staplewood training ground.

"The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players.

"Southampton will be making no further comment on this matter."

The Argentine-born Osvaldo was suspended by his previous club Roma for a similar incident back in 2011 after an altercation with Erik Lamela following a game against Udinese.

The striker was recently banned for three matches and fined £40,000 for his part in a touchline melee in Southampton' s Premier League game away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December.

He has not played for the club since and was reportedly subject of an unsuccessful bid from Inter Milan last week.

Osvaldo has scored three goals in 13 appearances for Southampton this season

This is what i was talking about in the 'Osvaldo' thread where i said he causes more trouble than his worth.

jeez Roma did well......swindled 40 mill for Lamela and Osvaldo and are challenging for the title

Fee has apparently a fee has been agreed for Salah and he is due in London to undergo a medical. 11m apparently. I hate that team so much.

Fee has apparently a fee has been agreed for Salah and he is due in London to undergo a medical. 11m apparently. I hate that team so much.

With his anti-semitic views, he'll fit right in there.

Remember this is the guy who refused to play against Maccabi Haifa because he didn't want to shake hands with Jews.

Obviously when they are filled with cash though (i.e. Abramovich) he'll make an exception.

Annoyed about Salah. Would have liked him at Spurs -although I wasn't aware of his anti-Semitic views, and if that is the case, maybe he wouldn't have been a good fit.
I'd have thought Chelsea had enough players though -especially midfielders.. He's not exactly a like for like with Mata -so presumably another Chelsea player will be getting more acquainted with the bench.

Want all the reasons that's an awful team?

Evans - no issues.

No issues with Evans? Seriously? As a first choice CB in a team usually aiming to win the league? He'd be our 5th choice CB

Utd need one new first choice CB, one back-up CB, a new RB, a new LB (in a year or so), and one new starting CM plus one back-up CM

Annoyed about Salah. Would have liked him at Spurs -although I wasn't aware of his anti-Semitic views, and if that is the case, maybe he wouldn't have been a good fit.
I'd have thought Chelsea had enough players though -especially midfielders.. He's not exactly a like for like with Mata -so presumably another Chelsea player will be getting more acquainted with the bench.

Was never going to come to Spurs because of his political views so, if he's going to come to England, I would rather have him sitting on Chelsea's bench (or in the stands) rather than strengthening Liverpool. Liverpool are more our rivals than Chelsea are (in terms of league position)

Will probably be sent out on loan. How many wingers/wide attacking players that they have? Hazard, Schurrle, Willian, Oscar?

I don't know the full facts of the case but my understanding was that it was a protest against the Palestinian situation rather than antisemitism.

Will probably be sent out on loan. How many wingers/wide attacking players that they have? Hazard, Schurrle, Willian, Oscar?

Who cares? They're way past the number of them who they can keep happy. As long as there aren't more instances of them buying players which we're after, then would rather them sign someone like Salah and him rot on their bench than him improve Liverpool

Can't believe he is going for so little though. £11 million is peanuts compared to what other clubs spend for players with half his talent. That said after the whole racist thing I didn't want us buying him, he would've helped Liverpool immensely, but as I have said regarding UTD. Mata could save their season :(

Seeing Fredy Guarin to UTD rumors everywhere..

Anybody think he would make a difference in their chances for 4th?

As for Mata, does anyone know what 11 they would use with him in the side?

Van P
Janusaj - Rooney - Mata
- Carrick - Fellaini -
back 4
keeper​

can't be ****'d to type out the rest of the back five and I think i misspelled jajanasuz but is that what they are looking at when healthy? I gotta say thats more than sufficient for top 4.

Back