• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Other Clubs Transfer Thread

[tweet]427405268029165569[/tweet]

Player number 4 and 5 in so far this window and they're reportedly close to signing Ivan Ramis from Wigan.

Wham's itlaian two any good?

Don't know enough about them but generally speaking Italians have found it tough going over here unless they have been top class, ie Zola/Vialli/Di Canio.

Only other Italian players I can think of who weren't top class but actually did quite well, seemed to adapt fully and lasted long term would be Di Matteo, Cudicini and Festa. Carbone would be one but was so hit and miss depending on who he was playing for.

When you look at those that have flopped like Taibi, Aquilani, Trammezani, Diamanti, Maccarone, Materazzi, Dossena and Ravanelli (open to debate), they have either flopped badly or done ok but not to the level expected and left after a season or so.

Either way, I hope they flop badly and add to the list whilst sucking a lot of money out of West Ham which should go a long way to helping define their financial parameters in the championship next season.

Does that answer also hold up when Milo asks other members (specifically non-mods) the same question?

The legitimacy of that particular rumour was really irrelevant to the point of my post. Cardiff appear to be signing a whole new team. I could have mentioned numerous other players they've been linked with, but I only named him as I remembered reading about it and couldn't be arsed to go looking for others.

So Monaco let traore go on loan and then within a day or 2 falcao gets injured, tough luck? Or did falcao get injured before traore's loan, in which case is he all that?

Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have agreed a sensational swap deal that could see Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge next season, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Blues keeper Thibaut Courtois, on loan at Atletico, has been hailed by many as the best young custodian in Europe thanks to his performances in the Spanish capital in the past three seasons.

But the 21-year-old would like to stay in Madrid, with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wanting star striker Costa in return. David Moyes had hoped to line up the forward for a move to Old Trafford.

Costa has netted 19 goals in La Liga this season, second only to cross-city rival Cristiano Ronaldo at Real.

Mourinho's top priority in the summer is to sign a striker, with the Portuguese ruling out making a move for a frontman in January.

Chelsea wanted keeper Courtois to sign a new deal despite having never played for the Stamford Bridge side, but the Belgian has said he would prefer to be playing for a club permanently.

Courtois has previously said he will only return to Chelsea to be No 1 keeper ahead of Petr Cech.

'It is not up to me to say I am going to be No 1,' Courtois said. 'But neither do I want to go to a team and not play. I want to play, if not at Chelsea, then at another team.

'I know that Atletico want to make an effort to sign me, but it depends on Chelsea, on what they want and how much they are going to ask,' Courtois said.

'First my agent is going to talk with Chelsea to see when I can speak with someone there, and from there we can take another step.

'Now Atleti are waiting until Chelsea says something. Maybe by the end of March, more or less.'

With Cech still performing for Chelsea, a swap deal would be very attractive for the London side due to the FFP regulations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2546679/Chelsea-agree-swap-deal-Atletico-United-target-Costa-star-keeper-Courtois-staying-Spain.html

Very strange move from Swansea, hasn't exactly been tearing it up in the championship, 3 goals in 17 apps in the league. Never really looked he had it when I've seen him play.

Swansea have signed David Ngog from Bolton

Now there's someone stealing a living as a footballer. Can't see Laudrup lasting long at Swansea. He'll either jump ship this summer while Joe Public still think he's actually a decent manager or **** them up properly next season.

Be_uqKGCUAArQq2.png

:lol: Not exactly what you'd be looking for in a striker. It's only a short term deal though as Michu is injured.

Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have agreed a sensational swap deal that could see Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge next season, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Blues keeper Thibaut Courtois, on loan at Atletico, has been hailed by many as the best young custodian in Europe thanks to his performances in the Spanish capital in the past three seasons.

But the 21-year-old would like to stay in Madrid, with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wanting star striker Costa in return. David Moyes had hoped to line up the forward for a move to Old Trafford.

Costa has netted 19 goals in La Liga this season, second only to cross-city rival Cristiano Ronaldo at Real.

Mourinho's top priority in the summer is to sign a striker, with the Portuguese ruling out making a move for a frontman in January.

Chelsea wanted keeper Courtois to sign a new deal despite having never played for the Stamford Bridge side, but the Belgian has said he would prefer to be playing for a club permanently.

Courtois has previously said he will only return to Chelsea to be No 1 keeper ahead of Petr Cech.

'It is not up to me to say I am going to be No 1,' Courtois said. 'But neither do I want to go to a team and not play. I want to play, if not at Chelsea, then at another team.

'I know that Atletico want to make an effort to sign me, but it depends on Chelsea, on what they want and how much they are going to ask,' Courtois said.

'First my agent is going to talk with Chelsea to see when I can speak with someone there, and from there we can take another step.

'Now Atleti are waiting until Chelsea says something. Maybe by the end of March, more or less.'

With Cech still performing for Chelsea, a swap deal would be very attractive for the London side due to the FFP regulations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2546679/Chelsea-agree-swap-deal-Atletico-United-target-Costa-star-keeper-Courtois-staying-Spain.html

Costa? He's a nut. Would love to see him in the premiership for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Back