• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Other Clubs Transfer Thread

At least we won't play them again this season whereas all the other contenders (bar Chelsea) will.

Its in the press so therefore it must be true and everybody goes mad on here, I dont believe a word that any of the press says, its normally just bull****

van Persie
Januzaj - Rooney - Mata
Kagawa - Carrick
Evra - Vidic - Evans - Rafael
De Gea​

Random rumours popping up that we are taking an interest in making a deal for Mata. He and Eriksen with Lamela/Townsend/Lennon/Chadli for the future would be nice, but I doubt it. Then again linking him up with Soldado again could solve some problems. IMO never going to happen but then the Sun reckon Rooney is kicking off about signing a new deal if Mata signs. Their use of the English langauge is bad though so it could be "even if" Mata signs

Looks good going forward but would concede a few I should think.

I don't think it would at all. Carrick is predominately defensive, Kagawa has good work rate, Rooney too. Mata and Janujaz would have to add more defensively, but I have no doubt that team would be competing for the title. (under a different manager perhaps). it's certainly better than ours.

I don't think it would at all. Carrick is predominately defensive, Kagawa has good work rate, Rooney too. Mata and Janujaz would have to add more defensively, but I have no doubt that team would be competing for the title. (under a different manager perhaps). it's certainly better than ours.

I was coming more from what would happen if this team played together this season.

I think in that team Kagawa would be making way for either Jones or Cleverley, with those also making way a better central midfield player this summer and then Jones dropping back to become Man Utd's main centre half.

I think in that team Kagawa would be making way for either Jones or Cleverley, with those also making way a better central midfield player this summer and then Jones dropping back to become Man Utd's main centre half.

Jones has looked awful everytime i've seen him play centre half for Man Utd. Positionally terrible. Obviously things will come with time though.

Kagawa can easily dominate games from central midfield. But Moyes doesn't have a pair of balls so he probably won't do it.

Jones has looked awful everytime i've seen him play centre half for Man Utd. Positionally terrible. Obviously things will come with time though.

Kagawa can easily dominate games from central midfield. But Moyes doesn't have a pair of balls so he probably won't do it.

I think that if they want Jones to be a top player, they have to decide on a position and let him develop at that. Shuffling him about in diferent positions all time is going to ruin him imo.

I think that if they want Jones to be a top player, they have to decide on a position and let him develop at that. Shuffling him about in diferent positions all time is going to ruin him imo.

Agreed. He's played right back, centre midfield and centre half. All require certain skills. I actually thought he was okay at right back, bombed forward etc. but I always thought Smalling was better than him as a makeshift right back and obviously Rafael is much better.

In central midfield, I'm not sure what sort of role he is supposed to play. He doesn't really sit deep, which you think he would. He hasn't got the best shots so he can't be like a new Scholes type player. Maybe a box to box type player? Then again, I'd be excited if I was someone like Dembele or a Toure and I was going up against one of Cleverly or Jones.

Centre half seems like a natural position for him. He is good in the air, a big lad too. I remember him playing there for Blackburn and looking good so it's strange as to why he has been poor there when I've seen him at United. Like you say, could be just because he is playing different positions it's hard for him to adapt, but just stick him centre back and play him there all the time. Talent will shine through.

van Persie
Januzaj - Rooney - Mata
Kagawa - Carrick
De Gea​

Doesn't look bad to me except maybe at RB. I think Raphael is a liability for them. Kagawa hasn't really settled too well either so that is another position they could upgrade on. If I was Moyes I would try and tempt Coleman and Cabaye into the fold as well as Mata.

If CFC wouldnt sell him to us in the summer why would they sell him to Man Utd, ok this season is gone but he could be a major player for them going forward

£40m. They need to bring in money to have a chance of meeting the FFP regulations.

If they bring in Mata and say Hernanes to sit in with Carrick and another world class CB then United would be a real threat.

I have a feeling that Jose is playing more games here.

I think he just wants to put Mata in the tricky position of having to actually hand in a transfer request, and if the move doesn't come off (like I suspect it wont, as Manure's owners are cheapskates and just want to look like they're trying their hardest) he can just have another excuse not to play him, i.e. "he's not committed to us, why should I play him now?"

Vile situation. Vile club

I have a feeling that Jose is playing more games here.

I think he just wants to put Mata in the tricky position of having to actually hand in a transfer request, and if the move doesn't come off (like I suspect it wont, as Manure's owners are cheapskates and just want to look like they're trying their hardest) he can just have another excuse not to play him, i.e. "he's not committed to us, why should I play him now?"

Vile situation. Vile club

I disagree. I think that Chelsea want to sell because they want to bring other players in and they need to bring some money in to meet FFP.

The reason for wanting him to hand in a transfer request is because he won't be due his loyalty bonus from Chelsea if he formally asks to leave. It could save them millions.

I disagree. I think that Chelsea want to sell because they want to bring other players in and they need to bring some money in to meet FFP.

The reason for wanting him to hand in a transfer request is because he won't be due his loyalty bonus from Chelsea if he formally asks to leave. It could save them millions.

I doubt the amount of loyalty bonus they would save would make much of a dent to the overall profit they'd make on Mata. It would still far outweigh the 24M they got for Robben, which I believe is the highest fee they have ever received.

Also, most of Chelski's main targets are likely CL-tied or would prefer to move in the summer.

Nah, I still think it's games; even just to flush out suitors from overseas (I doubt Mata wants to play for Moyes....)

We shall see though.

van Persie
Januzaj - Rooney - Mata
Kagawa - Carrick
De Gea​

Want all the reasons that's an awful team?

De Gea, not great, needs a lot of protection. Great shot stopper, not a great commander of his box - and is poor with long range shots.
Evra - past it.
Rafael - liability. 70% great, 30% accident in waiting.
Vidic - waaaaay past his best, not got Rio's positioning to bail him out anymore, either.
Evans - no issues.
Carrick - see Evans.
Kagawa - deep midfield? Were you high when writing this? I seriously rate Kagawa, but not in that position. Especially as he's NEVER played there.
Mata - great player, but wasted out "wide".
Rooney - See Evans/Carrick.
Januzaj - On a scale of 1 to Overrated he's a solid 9.5. Average, if he wore any other shirt, people wouldn't care. When he has a good game I'll change my mind.
RVP - Good, now and again. Still injury prone, and hates not being the main man. Mata and Rooney being bigger earners than him can only end well.... .... for the rest of the league.

van Persie
Januzaj - Rooney - Mata
Kagawa - Carrick
De Gea​

That left side is weak. Evra is injured now and headed for the surplus bin after this season. Januzaj doesn't defend. Kagawa might well be busy, but not a lot of United fans think he's getting much done going either direction. My son is one of those fans and can't fathom why he's playing.

Getting Mata is great, but without shoring up the left LB-M positions, it won't be enough.

Back