• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The ones that got away

Eto'o said:
"I met with Glenn Hoddle with my agent Willie McKay in Madrid three weeks ago and discussed a possible move to Tottenham

If only 'Arry had been here.......

Steffen Effenberg was one we missed out on. He was recommended to Sugar and the board who tinkled themselves laughing at his name and didn't take the recommendation seriously

Why are people saying Abramovich as if they are disappointed? Look at Chelsea... would you really rather be in their position now?

That club has been ruined beyond repair, rotten from the bottom to the top. I'm quite happy with our great club the way it is run right now thanks, even if we win less trophies.

I remember Aston Villa were minutes away from sealing Falcao from then River Plate but decided to go with Heskey instead. Oh Martin :ross:

"Falcao is a scheming deep striker very much in the mould of Keane"

Saw this in the Telegraph article....almost laughed myself off my chair.

Remember how angry everyone got at Levy and Hoddle for dilly dallying and not signing this guy at the end of the January 2003 transfer window:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ricketts
What is it with the name Ricketts? Was just reading about Rohan a while ago, he's gone on a world tour in search of a game, playing in the I League now. Hadn't realised Michael is only 33 (birthday today), seems like it's years since he played for anyone.

The One that got away

Who was the player we were heavily linked to that you think would have turned things around for us considerably?

I'm going to go with Van Bommel. I think we've been devoid of leaders for a long time who would just demand respect and I think MVB could have played that Roy Keane type role.

Re: The One that got away

Christ this will be a good thread, we could easily draw up a team full of players destined to sign for us. I'll go for Mata, or Hazard can't decide who I would have preferred....

Re: The One that got away

Even though he signed for us eventually, I would have loved Scott Parker to sign for us at an earlier stage in his career

Back