• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The ones that got away

We're we close to signing Torres? If my memory serves me right we were and that was back when he was World class. Moutinho can be added as can Enzo Scifo.

Everyone had been linked with Torres for a couple of seasons before Liverpool signed him but I don't think that we were ever close to signing him.

Jermaine Jenas. What might have been...

Enzo Scifo, he was quality. Morientes.
Who did we allegedly bid big bucks for a few years back? Aguero and?

Wasn't there a whole heap of question marks over Torres before Liverpool signed him. From memory, his goal scoring wasn't all that prolific.

What about Michael Bridges? John Hartson? lolololololol

A classic was when we tried to sign Chris Sutton... there was a quote from Sugar in the papers: "the cheque is in the post!"

Beckham.

Allegedly Venables didn't know who he was and couldn't be arsed to give him the time to discuss a contract, so off to Manure he went.

Didn't we almost sign Georghe Hagi and Matt Le Tissier as well?

Le tiss had YTS forms in Venables in-tray when Sugar went and chucked it all over the office and fired him

petit got a taxi on our book, from contract talks at ours to them. Cheeky

Abramovich. Taunts of how he flew over WHL and favoured flashy West London to our hell hole always leaves a bitter taste. No matter how much of a ruthless tosser he is, his wealth inevitably brings trophies.

I don't think we'd be where united are now but I think we would have been in a much stronger position at the advent of the PL meaning we wouldn't have been in such a hole in the 90's

we had a better squad than united back then as well so I don't think it would have taken him long to get us challenging

Morientes always for me. He was one of my fave players and my fave striker. Shame. Then again he didnt do that well for liverscum if my memory serves me correct

Ramos was supposed to have tried to bring Falcao over from South America when he was rated at about £2m.

Back