• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Does this mean that the games from Wembley might not constantly show the opposite stand? Really irks me about Wembley games, I want to see the near-side of the pitch. Not the spectators.

No idea whether its going to be any different at Wembley. I only heard about the change at Wimbledon because the request was very late.

Well you did pay a grand for the LED, and £150 for a TV license every year, plus your leccy bill

But I agree the tickets are a rip off

HAHAHA!

Mate, I didn't buy my TV for the sole purpose of watching the Olympics though, did I?

Over the course of the lifetime of my telly, watching the Olympics on it will probably cost me something like 0.0001p. Or, if you're one of the mugs who couldn't wait to tinkle money up the wall on tickets, it'll cost you £50...to go and watch it on TV.

PS: Look I can understand the hype, excitement and point of the Olympics.

But what I cannot get my fudging head around, is this stupid Torch Relay nonsense? Sorry but what kind of a boring cúnt trots on down to see this silly thing passing by? Have you honestly such little to do with your time?

Funny though, seeing the Met Police jogging alongside, thinking they're CIA protecting the President :ross:

Just on the train down to London. Gonna go an see the torch in Westminster at 16.00 and then have a long stroll around town enjoying the warmth and taking in the atmosphere. Can't wait. Also down next Tuesday and have beach volleyball tickets. And down next Friday for athletics and a big night out. I love this city I love this country an I love the Olympics. Anyone disagreeing can eat a dingdong! :)
This

But what I cannot get my fudging head around, is this stupid Torch Relay nonsense? Sorry but what kind of a boring cúnt trots on down to see this silly thing passing by? Have you honestly such little to do with your time?

Funny though, seeing the Met Police jogging alongside, thinking they're CIA protecting the President :ross:

'But it's a symbol, a symbol!!!..'

fudge that.

Took my 3 1/2 half year old lad down to the local town, he loved it and still goes on about it now. It was a lovely excuse to finish that day a little early and have some family time in the sun.

I don't know why people are writing Bolt off. I still think he will win 3 medals. It's one thing beating him in qualifiers, it's a completely different thing beating him at the Olympics. I'll be stunned if he doesn't win the 100M

Martin Rogers @mrogersyahoo

Torch relay not from Ancient Greece,invented by Nazis as propaganda for 1936 Games

I have to agree with this. If the torch had some historical significance, like for exampe it was the same torch that is used for each Olympics, and has been cared for over the centuries and has some historical value I could kind of understand it. But for the most part it's a load of no-marks carrying it, but I don't really see why it's all so exciting. Also, at the Hyde Park concert last night, why was some random bloke the one to carry it on to the stage. Who the fudge is he? Surely it should have been an Olympian, somebody who had competed for the country and won gold rather than some fudging saxophanist. What my favourite buttplug.

I have to agree with this. If the torch had some historical significance, like for exampe it was the same torch that is used for each Olympics, and has been cared for over the centuries and has some historical value I could kind of understand it. But for the most part it's a load of no-marks carrying it, but I don't really see why it's all so exciting. Also, at the Hyde Park concert last night, why was some random bloke the one to carry it on to the stage. Who the fudge is he? Surely it should have been an Olympian, somebody who had competed for the country and won gold rather than some fudging saxophanist. What my favourite buttplug.

76 years of tradition, that's quite a lot. Bear in mind the modern games have only existed since 1896, its not bad.

Traditions have to start somewhere.

When does the Opening Ceremony actually start and finish tonight?

EDIT: Wasn't hard to find!

Some timings for the rest of the day for you: Doors open for the opening ceremony at 16:00 BST, BBC One coverage begins at 19:00 BST and the ceremony itself starts at 21:00 and goes on until after midnight.

Last edited:
76 years of tradition, that's quite a lot. Bear in mind the modern games have only existed since 1896, its not bad.

Traditions have to start somewhere.

It's false 'tradition' though, isn't it?

I agree with Klinsmania; it would be a different story if it was the same torch which had been used for every single Olympics - fair do's, there's something unique and value to that. But this stupid thing travelling around the country might as well just be a box of matches. I mean, it's even blown out a few times :ross:

Such utter nonsense; it's flogging the horse for as much as it's possibly worth. A bit like the Opening Ceremony; what's with BBC Sport releasing these sneek previews of the event tonight? Is the event itself, ie: the Olympics Opening Ceremony just not exciting enough for some people; that they feel they have to sell it? fudging idiots :~

I couldn't give a brick who lights the flame by the way; means fudge all. Stop trying to get an angle on everything and just get the fudging thing started; enough already of these stupid sideshows.

Looking foward to this now, I'm getting swept by the hysteria of good feelings.

lol I see Sky are showing the Olympics, by giving Eurosport the use of its 3D channel. Eurosport brings you the Opening Ceremony in 3D haha big fudge you BBC

Back