• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Froch was far to arrogant after the fight and it was an unfair stoppage even though i think Froch would have won in the end had it carried on. I have lost a lot of respect for Froch after that and i have to say even though i disliked Groves before the fight due to him coming across as a mouthy little prick in the build up he was fantastic. It was heartbreaking watching him hold back the tears. Groves has now got himself another fan :)

Froch was far to arrogant after the fight and it was an unfair stoppage even though i think Froch would have won in the end had it carried on. I have lost a lot of respect for Froch after that and i have to say even though i disliked Groves before the fight due to him coming across as a mouthy little prick in the build up he was fantastic. It was heartbreaking watching him hold back the tears. Groves has now got himself another fan :)

Ditto this, as he said he did all he did pre-fight as it was part of his plan and it worked, real jeers to cheers moment before, during and after the fight for Groves...

Great fight, farce of an ending and as for Froch's interview, seriously he made himself look a knob...

Watched it last night too and after the initial shock of the decision remembered why boxing had fallen out of the public eye. Too many bent bastards in the pocket

Watched it last night too and after the initial shock of the decision remembered why boxing had fallen out of the public eye. Too many bent bastards in the pocket

Possibly this, but the fact you cant really watch any blockbuster fights on normal TV anywhere without having to pay £10/15.
Oh for the days when you could turn on the TV on a Saturday night and see a really high-profile title fight

Possibly this, but the fact you cant really watch any blockbuster fights on normal TV anywhere without having to pay £10/15.
Oh for the days when you could turn on the TV on a Saturday night and see a really high-profile title fight

Oh c'mon paxton...it's not just the footie on the rivers;)

Poor decision from Howard Foster to call a halt to proceedings although I can slightly understand from a safety point of view, he would have done it with the best of intentions but he must look at it now and think it was a mistake. Froch looked far too nervous, I thought as much during the walk to the ring and then that knockdown just made it worse. Kept fighting with his hands down even after taking so much punishment, definitely needed a knockout to win imo and I was amazed that two judges had it at 1 point between them. I felt that Groves was 3 rounds up minimum and that is being generous.

Froch certainly ruined it even more with his comments post fight and is in a really awkward situation now. He has to take the rematch really or his career will always be remembered for this whether he retires or fights someone else. The thing is, I don't think McCracken will want him to take the rematch and probably didn't want him to take the original fight so I can see him swerving it.

Wanted Froch to win convincingly but I would say I am very disappointed in his attitude after the fight and if they fought again, I think I would lean more towards wanting Groves to win.

Last to combat fights I've watched are in MMA Georges St Pierre somehow winning on decision and now in boxing Froch somehow getting an early stoppage!!!

To be honest it looked like Groves was going to get knocked down anyway... but you can't be certain and you also can't be certain he wouldn't have got back up.

Shame it ended that way and I don't think Froch will have the guts to fight him again. I think Froch will just say"It's a fair stoppage, why do I need to prove myself against him again?" being the nob head that he is.

Last to combat fights I've watched are in MMA Georges St Pierre somehow winning on decision and now in boxing Froch somehow getting an early stoppage!!!

To be honest it looked like Groves was going to get knocked down anyway... but you can't be certain and you also can't be certain he wouldn't have got back up.

Shame it ended that way and I don't think Froch will have the guts to fight him again. I think Froch will just say"It's a fair stoppage, why do I need to prove myself against him again?" being the nob head that he is.

It's a shame really, it feels like he's thrown away everything he's worked for over recent years. Froch spent years trying to earning respect and popularity, it felt like he had to wait for Hatton, Calzaghe etc to retire before he got a bit of the limelight, Even entering the the Super 6 which was very risky career wise. Those tough fights finally meant he was starting to get some acclaim but then he showed after that fight why he is difficult to warm to. It was funny hearing Groves mention that the Froch was so gutted he was getting booed during for his post-fight speech that he mentioned a re-match just to get a cheer haha.
It's so weird because if the ref could have held out a little longer it might have ended in a fair stoppage and Froch would have fairly been able to take the plaudits but I guess we'll never now.. and now he's gonna look like a bottler if he doesn't agree to rematch.. which he probably doesn't want AND to be fair IF he had of stopped Groves with a clear finish wouldn't have needed

It's a shame really, it feels like he's thrown away everything he's worked for over recent years. Froch spent years trying to earning respect and popularity, it felt like he had to wait for Hatton, Calzaghe etc to retire before he got a bit of the limelight, Even entering the the Super 6 which was very risky career wise. Those tough fights finally meant he was starting to get some acclaim but then he showed after that fight why he is difficult to warm to. It was funny hearing Groves mention that the Froch was so gutted he was getting booed during for his post-fight speech that he mentioned a re-match just to get a cheer haha.
It's so weird because if the ref could have held out a little longer it might have ended in a fair stoppage and Froch would have fairly been able to take the plaudits but I guess we'll never now.. and now he's gonna look like a bottler if he doesn't agree to rematch.. which he probably doesn't want AND to be fair IF he had of stopped Groves with a clear finish wouldn't have needed

Spot on. I can't see what fight Froch can take now besides a Groves rematch. The one fight he wants is Ward, but based on this weekend, Ward's camp won't be seeing Froch as worthy of another title shot. Another Kessler bout? Possibly, would be almost pointless but a good fight. Can see it being Groves or retirement, and the way Froch recently has spoken of 'legacy', I'm not sure he would be rushing into a rematch.

That said, Groves will run his mouth in the press to get under the skin of Froch in an attempt to get a rematch

Question: Why is Barker making his first defence of his IBF world title in Germany on the weekend instead of here at home? Is it just a matter of money, Sturm can draw big over there compared to Barkers popularity here?

Question: Why is Barker making his first defence of his IBF world title in Germany on the weekend instead of here at home? Is it just a matter of money, Sturm can draw big over there compared to Barkers popularity here?

Exactly as you say, its taken Barker a long time to get to the top and realistically his time at the top will be shorter than the journey up given his age and limited skills in WORLD WORLD level, so they are maximizing him 100% to get that pay day his career deserves.

There is an argument against Matchroom at the minute about the self proclaimed "saviors of boxing" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXvq8p-oMCQ this is a great interview that gives the other side of the story....

Barker is getting over 1m euros to travel to Germany. That's massive money for him. It will probably also be Sturm's last realistic shot at a world title.

As for Hearn, it's hard to take him seriously. He claimed Ricky Burns wanted Broner (as if) and then ends up having his fighter drawing in a robbery against Beltran. The dreadful stoppage in Froch-Groves make his cards look like Sauerland / Ahmet Öner cards at their worst.

Froch saying that as time as gone on fans have re-watched the fight and are changing their minds about wanting a re-match yadda yadda..

I can't stand him anymore...

I don't care what he thinks, it was a dodgy end to a great fight and both the fighters and the fans deserve that they go at it again to get a satisficatory outcome. Even if its the same result.
That's one thing about the UFC, if a fight ended in controversy like this one it would be re-scheduled for 6 months time without question.

You can not compare UFC to boxing in any way shape or form in my opinion.

Froch as any active boxer will always claim he won because that's what boxers have to do, convince themselves that it was the case because if they start to admit otherwise then its a slippery slope.

I have seen documentaries on boxers who talk about their career retrospectively and most, post career admit to such things but then say that during their career they had to convince themselves of being the better man, or they would not be able to step through the ropes again.

Enjoyed watching that anyone who gets into a ring with a Chelsea badge on their shorts aint getting my support

Enjoyed watching that anyone who gets into a ring with a Chelsea badge on their shorts aint getting my support

Mate, I don't know many people that dislike Chelsea as much as me but still, British fighter who has had a lot of tragedy in his life and is still a lovely guy. Very well respected within the division and especially by his fellow Brits despite being a rival. Very disappointing to see the likely end of his career on saturday night.

Hopefully he can have corrective surgery on the hip and lead a pretty normal life despite it being his 3rd operation.

I despise that Mayweather wannabe so was extremely happy by the outcome. It was a one sided fight tbh and he was outclassed by Maidana.

A step up too far.....

Maidana is an underrated fighter with a tremendous KO percentage....was unlucky not to knock Khan out

Back