• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

375px-Gonzalo_Omar_Basile.jpg

Fury's opponent

Chisora will fight boring old Kevin Johnson

while big Enzo has a world title shot in Germany in April :D against Jurgen Brahmer

It's only January, but this has to be round of the year

[video=youtube;-Jqw35rWYrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jqw35rWYrg[/video]

Good thing we got fights in America. No chance we'd see something like that in England with those refs

i think froch takes wins this one. the last fight was stopped prematurely and feel groves would have won had it continued. i think the reason groves looked so good was because froch underestimated him which wont happen again.

I think Groves wins if he keeps his head, stays focused and sticks to his plan (whatever that is on the night). He could have stayed on the outside and coasted home last time but got drawn into a swinging match. Froch has been fighting too long to sort out the flaws in his style. As good as fighter as he is, he relies too much on punch resistance, speed of reaction and winning the counter punch battle. He is very open defensively and gets hit way more than he should do or needs to. He can't keep taking the shots he does forever. Groves is quicker, as powerful, he can box, and he will have learned a lot and gained confidence from the first fight.

True Froch is likely to be a lot more motivated for this fight than the previous one, and he's always a dangerous puncher, but if Groves fights a disciplined fight I think he will win.

Just watched Tyson Fury, what a fat blob, he can punch thats for sure, its like watching a big bowl of jello wobbling around the ring

Pub brawl every time Fury fights. Leaves himself so open.

Chance for Chisora to show that he has improved. If not, then he never will.

It's going to be an interesting fight if Fury ever gets to take on Klitschko -assuming Klitschko hangs around for long enough to take the fight. (And assuming Fury gets past Chisora -which I hope he does as Chisora has no chance of beating Klitschko).

On the one hand Fury looks out of condition, and is open a lot of the time. You would expect Klitschko to do the usual pawing jab and leaning on his opponent job, until he reckons it's safe enough to go for the knockout. On the other hand at least Fury has a decent jab, quick hands, and the attitude and size to keep Klitschko outside. Plus he seems to be able to take a shot, and works well on the inside. Highly unlikely, but I think there's an outside chance of an upset.

Last edited:
Kell Brook hasn't fought anyone half decent. A journeyman like Carson Jones is the best he has fought against. Wonder if his handlers will ever let him fight against anyone better...even against useful fighters like Soto Karass or Collazo

I can't stand Khan but you're right, Brook needs to get a move on and step up a level.

Big Enzo's eye was horrible to see. Would be nice if he were to get a rematch.

Manny-Bradley II this weekend.

Anyone going to Froch - Groves?

Im toying with the idea... a few of us may go through the VIP lounge... or normal seats being between £30 and £100.

Anyone going to Froch - Groves?

Im toying with the idea... a few of us may go through the VIP lounge... or normal seats being between £30 and £100.

Was debating it but its come at the wrong time financially for me. If I was going to go then I would want to be able to buy a really good seat for a few hundred notes. Failing that, gonna have a few people round for PPV and have a cook off at the same time.

Apparently a Klitchsko won another fight this weekend.. who knew? :-"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I would Love Anthony Joshua to keep getting his wins, step up in competition, do it the right way... then retire that boring bastard with a brutal KO. Nothing in the world of combat sports would make me happier.

Doubt it will ever happen mind.

Back