• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

1-0 to the Goons leaves us top....happy days.

And tbh if we did somehow hold things together to have a run at the title it City who we'd be looking at to lose games....so that's 2 already this season. The Goons will slip up more than them

Modern camera work and TV direction is an abomination.

It’s vain and self-serving. They’ve forgotten about the viewing audience in favour of modernity and ‘innovation.’

Just look at how many shots of the bench there are. How many close ups whilst the game is going on meaning they miss the action.

Just watch how many throw-ins, goal kicks, free kicks and even corners they miss the taking of because they’re focusing on the last of six close up cuts since the ball went dead.

Just look at the cuts to the pitch side camera for a close up when the winger has the ball, meaning you can no longer see where he is on the pitch or how close the opponent is.

And you’re right, they cut from moving shot to moving shot - making it choppy and emetic.

95% of the coverage should be from the central, high, halfway line camera so you can see what’s actually going on.

They should trust the football itself to be the action and not feel they have to spice it up. It’s like they think they’re directing a movie fight scene or producing for TikTok.

Let the coverage breathe. It’s awful to watch currently.

This every day of the week. When the ball is in play, I don't give a brick about B list celebrities or retired players in the stands, managers contemplating or players warming up. fudge that, and let me watch the actual football.

I don't mind a replay or two of key moments or big decisions, but keep it simple and wait for the right time to show them.

I didn't watch the game today, and don't know what this new camera angle is all about, but I know this much: It’s not something football needs or us watching the game wants. If FIFA is your thing, find a stream or recording of someone playing, and let football look like football.

It was slow play
Ponderous and boring
Someone described it as masterful chess
It was toss
Two teams waiting for a mistake rather than a team trying to force a mistake

Never seen City play cautiously like that before, it was very strange. I can only think they were hoping to release Haaland on the counter.

Last edited:
The Merseyside derby is at Anfield. Everton’s record there is horrific. They’ve been them twice in the league since 2010. I’m not expecting any favours from Everton or Chelsea.
Dyche will go to Anfield and set up for the draw, it would be a huge point for them. Liverpool need to step up.
Like I said with Chelsea - toss a coin, they could be brilliant or atrocious, just depends how fresh the lemons are.

Rodri allows them to not play safe
Yeah his tactical fouls are great
I don’t think Rodri is a good as the hype myself
No coincidence that this season even with him city have gone behind a LOT
They have done it now
How pep gets them restarted will be interesting
Add in they don’t actually have others scoring beside halland and only play one way and they are fallible

I think boredom is beginning to impact City. There’s an opportunity for someone this season.

I think they just changed too much. I know you need to keep things fresh but Gundogan was vital for them and Mahrez was important and always scored regularly even when not starting every game. Add in they lost KDB and now play with Kovacic and they have lost a huge amount of creativity.

I think boredom is beginning to impact City. There’s an opportunity for someone this season.

I think it is a bit like Djokovic (and Murray to a lesser extent). He often loses the first set or even two with a lack of energy as I think it takes that much for him to get inspired. Something to fight back against. Then he comes roaring back, its like he plays with the idea of losing (though that's totally from the outside - inside I think he just lacks the necessary energy before becoming inspired). I imagine City will be a different animal in the last 2-3 months of the season.

Back