• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

That’s a textbook red card tackle imo.

No reason VAR couldn’t track comparable tackles for use in the decision making. Footage could be available to those in the booth and the on field ref, here is what you did last time a player made a tackle like that.
These challenges happen every week, with completely random outcomes. Some are reds, some are yellows, some aren't even given as fouls.

There's nothing remotely resembling consistency in how the rules are applied for challenges like this. It's virtually impossible, after a leg breaking foul, to predict the outcome (unless Romero is the culprit).

What I'd like to see is a MOTD type talkshow where refs or PMGOL representatives regularly sit down and explain in detail why there are different outcomes of these fairly similar challenges. Where they either give a plausible explanation or admit wrongdoing, after after reviewing fouls that looke the same.

Transparency and accountability is the only way forward if refs, and VAR refs in particular, want to save their already thin worn credibility.

What an entertaining half. Thats what you touch yourself to see. I will take watching another 45 mins of that.

I have a feeling our Cup game v City could serve up something similar, especially if City defend the same way v us

What an entertaining half. Thats what you touch yourself to see. I will take watching another 45 mins of that.

I have a feeling our Cup game v City could serve up something similar, especially if City defend the same way v us
20 players the width of the centre circle!

These challenges happen every week, with completely random outcomes. Some are reds, some are yellows, some aren't even given as fouls.

There's nothing remotely resembling consistency in how the rules are applied for challenges like this. It's virtually impossible, after a leg breaking foul, to predict the outcome (unless Romero is the culprit).

What I'd like to see is a MOTD type talkshow where refs or PMGOL representatives regularly sit down and explain in detail why there are different outcomes of these fairly similar challenges. Where they either give a plausible explanation or admit wrongdoing, after after reviewing fouls that looke the same.

Transparency and accountability is the only way forward if refs, and VAR refs in particular, want to save their already thin worn credibility.

People in authority are not answerable to anyone, it's a great idea and would make wonderful tradgicomedy tv. They could conclude all episode with something like "we've all learnt lessons from this and will continue to improve our performance" cue canned laughter and theme tune "dance of the cuckoos"

2-2 KDB is back, and just in time for us too. I suppose Haaland will be back as well, whilst we pick up another 2 injuries tomorrow no doubt

Back