• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Then surely this just proves the point that someone's right to be who they are should outweigh anything else, especially someone else's bigoted belief. I would hope the manager in that instance is not influenced by someone elses discrimination and blocks a player career because of their sexuality. Surely we have been working towards a society where that does not happen, not go back 20 years. The fact that opportunities could potentially dry up for openly gay players because of the religious beliefs of other players, in your example, shows just how ridiculous it is in my opinion and proves my point

I would agree with that.

However, people's morals get very skewed when there is money, prestige or self interest at stake. We've seen that a million times over the years in sport and life in general. And there will always be some sort of mental gymnastics to justify the position.

Look at Colin Kaepernick as an example although it's a different situation. What he did was courageous and his football career suffered for it big time. The NFL wouldn't touch him. What tinkled me off about that is that when BLM became fashionable after the Floyd murder, everyone was on it. I had a pain in my hole on LinkedIn with the amount of companies supporting BLM and racial diversity. None of them posted when Kaepernick was being shunned by the NFL. They ended up jumping on the bandwagon when a convicted criminal was (unjustly) murdered but kept silent when an upstanding member of society was losing his career for taking a stand. Where money is at stake, morals get corrupted.

Do you know for certain what Gueye's reasoning is?

Is it ok to be racist as long as it's not driven by religion?

Surely in the interest of this subject the question that seems to be more relevant and requires an answer is:

Is it ok to be homophobic as long as its driven by religion?

Surely in the interest of this subject the question that seems to be more relevant and requires an answer is:

Is it ok to be homophobic as long as its driven by religion?

Is it homophobic to not want to promote homosexuality though? I've already said everyone deserves happiness and love as long as it's consensual. But i wouldn't go round wearing a rainbow flag.

Is it homophobic to not want to promote homosexuality though? I've already said everyone deserves happiness and love as long as it's consensual. But i wouldn't go round wearing a rainbow flag.

It not to promote homosexuality, homosexuals are not asking to be promoted its a call for support.

To liken it to your own example, if your company or a gay friend asked you to wear a ribbon for the day out of support you would say no?

Yes is the simple answer.

He has made a deliberate, active choice not to wear a flag for 90 minutes once or twice a week. That is saying he does not agree with homosexuality which is a significant form of homophobia.

If he wasn't homophobic (by upbringing of cultural influence), just 'homo/hetero-blind', then he would have shrugged it off as it didn't matter and would wear the Jersey as he does with any other sponsorship or logo.

It not to promote homosexuality, homosexuals are not asking to be promoted its a call for support.

To liken it to your own example, if your company or a gay friend asked you to wear a ribbon for the day out of support you would say no?

It has nothing to do with me who s/he choses to have sex with, that's up them. It's not like they are trying to over turn a law or something.

It has nothing to do with me who s/he choses to have sex with, that's up them. It's not like they are trying to over turn a law or something.

Odd reply TBH no one said you were, I asked a simple question

Ironic for you to mention the law as the religious belief has bearing on the law which makes it illegal in their homelands so good segway there

Last edited:
Yes is the simple answer.

He has made a deliberate, active choice not to wear a flag for 90 minutes once or twice a week. That is saying he does not agree with homosexuality which is a significant form of homophobia.

If he wasn't homophobic (by upbringing of cultural influence), just 'homo/hetero-blind', then he would have shrugged it off as it didn't matter and would wear the Jersey as he does with any other sponsorship or logo.

Disagree. If you don't take the knee that doesn't make you racist. If you don't wear a rainbow flag that doesn't make you homophobic.

Do you know for certain what Gueye's reasoning is?

Is it ok to be racist as long as it's not driven by religion?
Of course it's not. But it's OK to agree with the sentiment and disagree with the method.

If a player publicly states that they support the cause but don't believe that a football pitch or rainbow shirt is the correct method then that shouldn't be an issue.

Disagree. If you don't take the knee that doesn't make you racist. If you don't wear a rainbow flag that doesn't make you homophobic.

What other reason would one have to not want to wear a rainbow on their shirt? I mean they are ok with sponsors, logos, numbers, what would be the driver in your mind for them to be so against wearing a rainbow.

What other reason would one have to not want to wear a rainbow on your shirt? I mean they are ok with sponsors, logos, numbers, what would be the driver in your mind for them to be so against wearing a rainbow

Because it should be a choice not something you're forced to do.

Not choosing to go out and buy a rainbow flag badge to wear, doesn't make you a homophobe. Agreed.
Actively choosing not to wear one provided as part of your kit, actively rejecting it, refusing to even do your job because of it? To me that is totally different.

There are nuances to all situations. The taking the knee was hijacked as an issue by right-wing voices who overlaid it with pseudo-political concerns., such as the BLM objectives, whereas taking a knee pre-dates BLM. Not kneeling but standing and showing respect was never discouraged and was an acceptable position. Booing, acting as if it isn't happening, that to me would be the active choice of being anti what it stands for and by choice therefore saying that the current situation (which is a racially unjust society) is fine by you.

Not choosing to go out and buy a rainbow flag badge to wear, doesn't make you a homophobe. Agreed.
Actively choosing not to wear one provided as part of your kit, actively rejecting it, refusing to even do your job because of it? To me that is totally different.

There are nuances to all situations. The taking the knee was hijacked as an issue by right-wing voices who overlaid it with pseudo-political concerns., such as the BLM objectives, whereas taking a knee pre-dates BLM. Not kneeling but standing and showing respect was never discouraged and was an acceptable position. Booing, acting as if it isn't happening, that to me would be the active choice of being anti what it stands for and by choice therefore saying that the current situation (which is a racially unjust society) is fine by you.

I don't agree with booing taking the knee. I also don't think we live in a racially unjust society. I believe there are racists and racist acts and there should be consequences for those, which there are. The guy who racially abused rashford on twitter ended up in prison.

I don't agree with booing taking the knee. I also don't think we live in a racially unjust society. I believe there are racists and racist acts and there should be consequences for those, which there are. The guy who racially abused rashford on twitter ended up in prison.

Maybe he should have used religion as his back up plan....I jest to the extreme but the pitfalls are clearly there for affording belief over right

Back