• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

For me, it’s not acceptable to hide behind religion, having religion is a personal choice, if your religion goes against your core values of what’s acceptable or right, it’s cowardly to not renounce it.

For me, it’s not acceptable to hide behind religion, having religion is a personal choice, if your religion goes against your core values of what’s acceptable or right, it’s cowardly to not renounce it.

And if you live in a country with sharia law you could be killed for it. If you are a footballer from one of those countries who have family still there it puts you in an incredibly tough position.

For a lot of religious people, religion underpins their value system rather than it being a case that they are homophobic and find a way to justify it. I saw it in this country with my parent's generation. My mum was quite religious because she was brought up in a country where the Catholic Church effectively ruled for decades and had a hand in every part of everyone's life. They still run most of the bloody schools here for instance. Therefore, her value system was heavily informed by religion particularly as she never left Ireland.

My dad was brought up in a similar environment but travelled quite a bit so he saw religion very differently.

Both were genuinely wonderful people by the way. My mum wasn't a bible basher and if she was born today, she wouldn't be religious at all. But she was part of a generation where you had to be. In some places, that's still the case.

And if you live in a country with sharia law you could be killed for it. If you are a footballer from one of those countries who have family still there it puts you in an incredibly tough position.

Seems overly dramatic, and if the country is that backward, why would you let your family stay there if you have the resources of a PL footballer.

This shouldn’t be a complicated thing, our own values should take precedence over those of any fruity little club we choose to be a member of.

For a lot of religious people, religion underpins their value system rather than it being a case that they are homophobic and find a way to justify it. I saw it in this country with my parent's generation. My mum was quite religious because she was brought up in a country where the Catholic Church effectively ruled for decades and had a hand in every part of everyone's life. They still run most of the bloody schools here for instance. Therefore, her value system was heavily informed by religion particularly as she never left Ireland.

My dad was brought up in a similar environment but travelled quite a bit so he saw religion very differently.

Both were genuinely wonderful people by the way. My mum wasn't a bible basher and if she was born today, she wouldn't be religious at all. But she was part of a generation where you had to be. In some places, that's still the case.

I kinda meant people with the resource and influence of professional footballers, that they should use their power to shame people right.

There is no higher deity than a successful professional sports person.

Seems overly dramatic, and if the country is that backward, why would you let your family stay there if you have the resources of a PL footballer.

This shouldn’t be a complicated thing, our own values should take precedence over those of any fruity little club we choose to be a member of.

What are you going to move your parents, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, cousins..?

There is some great stuff on youtube from Stephen Fry on religion and the hypocrisy of society to tolerate oppressive views because the come under the umbrella of religion. He talks more eloquently than I can about it and is one of the worlds most intelligent atheists

Last edited:
What are you going to move your parents, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, cousins..?

Yeah, if I had family in some religious fudgetard backwater, like the US, I’d move them, their tennis partners, and their tennis partners dogs over.

What country is angry enough about rainbow bootlaces, yet still allows it’s citizens to watch PL football every week?

I can see the logic of your threat argument on paper, but not the reality.

Yeah, if I had family in some religious fudgetard backwater, like the US, I’d move them, their tennis partners, and their tennis partners dogs over.

What country is angry enough about rainbow bootlaces, yet still allows it’s citizens to watch PL football every week?

I can see the logic of your threat argument on paper, but not the reality.

Salah said extremists in egypt was the reason he refused to shake hands with the maccabi players. I don't know if it's true. But is possible. If possible would you put your family at risk?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Salah-refuse-shake-hands-Israelis-twice.html

Then move to a country that isn't stuck in the middle ages.

Ham Salad is just a clam

Salah refused to shake hands with Israelis and he gets too much media love. That’s probably enough to call him a clam.

But why call him Ham Salad? What would you have thought if SCBC fans had called our hat trick hero “Ronnie Roastpigthal”? It’s just not a good look.

Religion is a choice, sexuality is not. Therefore religion doesn't get to dictate what is and isn't acceptable in terms of sexuality.

People choose their religion knowing the rules when they do so. They then choose whether or not to abide by those rules. What they don't get to do is hide behind that religion as an excuse for bigotry.

If a player's religion deemed they couldn't speak to a female interviewer or a black referee, would anyone be defending that religion? The fact that this differs from sexuality is a shameful reflection on our society.

Salah refused to shake hands with Israelis and he gets too much media love. That’s probably enough to call him a clam.

But why call him Ham Salad? What would you have thought if SCBC fans had called our hat trick hero “Ronnie Roastpigthal”? It’s just not a good look.
His use of his religion as an excuse for bigotry makes it fair game.

Plus his wife is a pig.

In the far East/Asia Pacific religion is more a state of mind (Buddhist zen), way of life or personal code of conduct (confusianism) , guardian angels (ancestral protection) or superstition (more love money and luck). Sexuality doesn't figure. Neither does violence.

Japan had to invent the concept of the divine emperor to mobilize the nation for war.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

In the far East/Asia Pacific religion is more a state of mind (Buddhist zen), way of life or personal code of conduct (confusianism) , guardian angels (ancestral protection) or superstition (more love money and luck). Sexuality doesn't figure. Neither does violence.

Japan had to invent the concept of the divine emperor to mobilize the nation for war.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
No religion makes sense, but that's the closest one can get.

Back