• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

I was, but weirdly I dont remember Liverpool fans being as big-a-kn@bheads back then

I don't think they were. It's a recent phenomenon. As recently as 2005 I wanted Liverpool to win the CL and thoroughly enjoyed their comeback draw. Last year the idea of them winning was nauseating.

The internet, especially social media, is one factor, giving an audience to knobheads, but I don't think that explains why it happened to Liverpool fans in particular. You might think that fans crowing about their success would be a cause of friction, but I'd say seems fans going on about past success is a bigger factor. The sense of entitlement based on past success. Arsenal fans seem to have become more unpleasant since they stopped winning, whereas before you could share respect for the brand of football Wenger delivered. I suspect that if United can't get back to title winning ways, they will the become the prominent knobheads in football fandom in a few years.

Another factor might be all the second rate Liverpool pundits, who like to go on about the old days and how good they were. Hansen and even Lawro were good in their time before they became tired and clichéd , but some of the others are just annoying.

I don't think they were. It's a recent phenomenon. As recently as 2005 I wanted Liverpool to win the CL and thoroughly enjoyed their comeback draw. Last year the idea of them winning was nauseating.

The internet, especially social media, is one factor, giving an audience to knobheads, but I don't think that explains why it happened to Liverpool fans in particular. You might think that fans crowing about their success would be a cause of friction, but I'd say seems fans going on about past success is a bigger factor. The sense of entitlement based on past success. Arsenal fans seem to have become more unpleasant since they stopped winning, whereas before you could share respect for the brand of football Wenger delivered. I suspect that if United can't get back to title winning ways, they will the become the prominent knobheads in football fandom in a few years.

Another factor might be all the second rate Liverpool pundits, who like to go on about the old days and how good they were. Hansen and even Lawro were good in their time before they became tired and clichéd , but some of the others are just annoying.

Spot on.

Any tale told at work by a Liverpool fan has to have a reference to a match/trophy won in the particular month/year the story occured. It really is like listening to the History Channel 5 days a week

yeah, that was the year we won our 3rd European cup, or yeah, that was the year we won our 12th league title, and so on and so on

I thought that too. It was an odd signing in the first place IMO, they had a couple of good keepers already. You'd have thought with their limited resources Hart's wages would have been better served on an outfield player.
Both their gk's where injured for the start of the season.

Both their gk's where injured for the start of the season.

They already had two other senior GKs in their squad before adding Hart. One of them is 32 and has never played in the top flight, so it's possible he's actually worse than Hart, but even sticking with Lindegaard for a few months would have been a better choice.

And sitting down at matches. Don't ever forget we sit down at matches because of those clams.

And sitting down at matches. Don't ever forget we sit down at matches because of those clams.

That might be true, but the rise in the antipathy to Liverpool supporters is much later. It's in the last decade, well after the decision on standing.

It seems as though as long as I have aybameyang as the captain in my fantasy team, scum drops points and he doesn't score. You can thank me later. :D

That was a truly terrible round of games for us.

Also, I think the Liverpool thing is because a) the Internet has allowed us all to access other fans much more easily and read/ see their views constantly and b) the proliferation of Liverpool pundits at every turn and c) the fact that despite winning one of the two major trophies in the last 30 years and winning nothing for almost 10, they still genuinely think they're up there with real Madrid, barca and man utd.

Them winning the league would be intolerable and its a view repeated by fans of so many different clubs I know.

Also, I think the Liverpool thing is because a) the Internet has allowed us all to access other fans much more easily and read/ see their views constantly and b) the proliferation of Liverpool pundits at every turn and c) the fact that despite winning one of the two major trophies in the last 30 years and winning nothing for almost 10, they still genuinely think they're up there with real Madrid, barca and man utd.

Them winning the league would be intolerable and its a view repeated by fans of so many different clubs I know.
Let's not forget that they're all chippy little whiny, high-pitched clams too.

#JFT39

I still think Emirates Marketing Project will win the league but they have to up their game and they really need to beat Liverpool on Thursday night.

I still think Emirates Marketing Project will win the league but they have to up their game and they really need to beat Liverpool on Thursday night.
They really can’t afford to lose imo, I expect Liverpool will tire at some point in the second half of the season but they also need to be put under some pressure. If City aren’t challenging for the title I can see the players doing a Chelsea and taking the rest of the season off, sans big games and CL.

I just wish it was a different team to Liverpool that could perform the role of underdog in the upsetting of City but it wouldn’t detract from the achievement of doing so.

I used to hate them when Kenny Dalgleish was their manager for the 2nd time. They genuinely felt they were still better than us with Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson in midfield compared to our midfield or Modric, Parker, Bale etc.

Now I don't hate them but I still dislike their fans. I would still still rather they win the league than Arsenal or Chelsea. I really don't get why so many on here hate them more than either of the two I mentioned. Chelsea have a fanbase full of vile, racist scumbags and Arsenal have by far the most arrogant fans in the world and players who wave their dingdongs around on social media anytime they beat. During Euro 2016 Aaron Ramsey was asked how he felt to top the group ahead of England and his response was "it's always nice to finish above Spurs". If one of our players had said that they would have called us "small time" "forever in our shadow" and all that other gonad*s they always say.

I'd rather Emirates Marketing Project win the league but only just. They have the best team they have ever assembled but they STILL can't sell our their ground. They are in a title race but you would think they are 15th judging by their attendances. As much as Liverpool and United's fans are self-involved and think they are bigger than they are, they have massive fanbases whereas Emirates Marketing Project just pretend they do.

United still think they are the biggest club in the world when in reality, none of the best players in the world have ever signed from them in their prime; Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Rivaldo, Zidane, fat Ronaldo, Figo etc.

Back