• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Huh, so only City really made up the ground on us in this round of fixtures. We even managed to draw level with Arsenal.

Good week in the end. :p

Good game for a 0-0...Well played Hull...lot of defending but also attacking and they did have 2 chances to win it in the last 15.

Maguire is a tremendously committed defender. Robertson is decent as well.

Hudd really is a lovely passer.

Hulls CF should have been off, he already was on a yellow then got away with 2 tackles that were as bad as Rodwells last night.

Finally. Pogba. What does he do?

Jose Plan A - hoof ball into the box.

Jose Plan B - hoof ball into the box and dive, hoping for a penalty.

At the risk of jumping on the bandwagon, Gabriel Jesus looks like a special player, some of his close control and dribbling is amazing.
Hasn't heard of him before but he looks well suited to the prem.

At the risk of jumping on the bandwagon, Gabriel Jesus looks like a special player, some of his close control and dribbling is amazing.
Hasn't heard of him before but he looks well suited to the prem.
Unfortunately I think you are right. He may well be "the next Messi"

In my day we'd have put him in the stands.

I played "park football" for 20 years and still watch a few games (weather and Arthritis permitting) and I find it sad that young and not so young men copy the pathetic actions they see on the TV and throw themselves about and demand players get booked. Sad to say when I was plying my trade as a defender you just went and cleared everything out and you're opponent either just pick themselves up and got on with it or looked for an opportunity to give you one back, and all had a pint after the game.

I played "park football" for 20 years and still watch a few games (weather and Arthritis permitting) and I find it sad that young and not so young men copy the pathetic actions they see on the TV and throw themselves about and demand players get booked. Sad to say when I was plying my trade as a defender you just went and cleared everything out and you're opponent either just pick themselves up and got on with it or looked for an opportunity to give you one back, and all had a pint after the game.
It was all in the first tackle.

Every winger back then was predictable - the first time they got the ball, they'd look to stretch their legs down the line. Line up so that you could clean them out the moment they turned and you'd have them scared to turn for the rest of the match. If I missed that first tackle, they'd be taking the tinkle for the next 90 or I'd end up with some kind of fine.

Same here. Which is why I get annoyed when we faff about with the ball instead of just getting it safe

It was all in the first tackle.

Every winger back then was predictable - the first time they got the ball, they'd look to stretch their legs down the line. Line up so that you could clean them out the moment they turned and you'd have them scared to turn for the rest of the match. If I missed that first tackle, they'd be taking the tinkle for the next 90 or I'd end up with some kind of fine.

oohyourhard.jpg

Good game for a 0-0...Well played Hull...lot of defending but also attacking and they did have 2 chances to win it in the last 15.

Maguire is a tremendously committed defender. Robertson is decent as well.

Hudd really is a lovely passer.

Hulls CF should have been off, he already was on a yellow then got away with 2 tackles that were as bad as Rodwells last night.

Finally. Pogba. What does he do?

If Davies does leave, we should be looking at Robertson.

Decent attacking full back, with room to improve.

You can go a long way on determination
400cda2002a6cd0f60da83cb9b2944c8.jpg

Unfortunately I think you are right. He may well be "the next Messi"
He's got the move where he leaves the ball on his back foot and steps past the defender, then as soon as they go for the ball he just shifts it to his front foot and he's gone, and all at full speed. Ball on a string!

Back