• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Based on what I've seen from Liverpool so far this season, they look more than capable of staying in the race for 3rd/4th. The whole debate about who has the better squad and/or strength in depth is theoretical, boring and a victim of rose tinted glasses in each camp. On performance alone, Liverpool certainly look like a threat.

Liverpool always step it up against man united though. Based on their performances against united they'd be challenging for the title every year.

Last edited:
This is the RVP who used to be a total c**t of a bloke at Arsenal, he is lucky to be on the pitch

Gotta agree with Marky, ref see's the shove and he's off for a second yellow. United seem to be trying to kick Liverpool around a bit and hope it stops them.

I'm not going OTT about Liverpool. I said decent players but injuries to Coutinho and Sturridge and we'll see. Suarez coming back may actually be detrimental to others. We'll have to see

Based on what I've seen from Liverpool so far this season, they look more than capable of staying in the race for 3rd/4th. The whole debate about who has the better squad and/or strength in depth is theoretical, boring and a victim of rose tinted glasses in each camp. On performance alone, Liverpool certainly look like a threat.

I think they can be close in the race for 4th but ultimately it does come down to quality of squad and depth I think, certainly when competing towards the top end of the table. A system definitely helps, but us, Arsenal, Chelsea and City will all have systems we play, and we will all have players capable of producing a moment of magic to win a game that a system won't be able to do. Liverpool will be consistent though, they do perform well and they can be a threat to any team. I just think we have a bit more quality than them.

United on the other hand...I'm sorry but I find it hilarious how after their community shield win over Wigan they were crowing about how it's ridiculous that people don't consider them favourites. We should absolutely, 100% be talking about finishing ahead of them. Yes they have Rooney and Van Persie, a good strike force but through the rest of their squad I they don't strike fear into me. We should not be talking about top 4 this year, we should be talking about a title challenge, regardless of what happens this weekend.

What's with Liverpoo singing Irish rebel songs?

Are they asking for freedom? Would be amazing to annex Liverpool.

If so, we should build a big ****ing wall (I'll gladly help build it). If we went back in 5 years it would be like Escape From New York.

Unless Man Utd make a big name signing they are going to look incredibly average in a few games this season.

Still the same players that were undoubtedly better than Real Madrid last year, and cantered to the title.

Which would indeed highlight how important Ferguson was.

Back