• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Him, Puncheon and Chamakh have all played well (although Puncheon gets let down by his decision making). Holloway has made a mistake throwing Gayle into the limelight straight away rather than gradually bedding him in.

for £8,000,000 I guess he should be starting.

Have to say that I like the look of Johnny Williams for Crystal Palace. Looked good last season in the odd parts of games I saw involving Palace and does look quite comfortable with a nice touch and drive forward although it is against Sunderland.

Still rate Fletcher highly. Really think he would be a good signing in the right team. Wouldn't be against us signing him but he would be a fantastic signing for a team like Swansea/Everton.

Him, Puncheon and Chamakh have all played well (although Puncheon gets let down by his decision making). Holloway has made a mistake throwing Gayle into the limelight straight away rather than gradually bedding him in.

Puncheon is a talent but as you say, too often a little erratic with his decision making once has has actually rode a challenge. Not sure why Southampton loaned him out tbh, I think he had a good season last year and would certainly still have a role over the course of a season down there.

Puncheon is a talent but as you say, too often a little erratic with his decision making once has has actually rode a challenge. Not sure why Southampton loaned him out tbh, I think he had a good season last year and would certainly still have a role over the course of a season down there.

Agreed.

Have to say that I like the look of Johnny Williams for Crystal Palace. Looked good last season in the odd parts of games I saw involving Palace and does look quite comfortable with a nice touch and drive forward although it is against Sunderland.

Still rate Fletcher highly. Really think he would be a good signing in the right team. Wouldn't be against us signing him but he would be a fantastic signing for a team like Swansea/Everton.

Agree about both players. Williams is only 19.

Sunderland are **** without the ball, so open. I actually think they will go down, its league one football at best. No gameplan, no pattern of play and the players are just technically not good enough to 'play' without instruction.

No wonder they are open with that midfield. Larsson and Vaughan are both good footballers, but hardly defensive midfielders either of them. Giaccherini (sp?) looks good, but perhaps not the hardest working player defensively. Johnson is, in addition to still being overrated, rather lazy defensively.

Considering their fixture list posted by Denmark perhaps Di Canio took a calculated gamble today, knowing that they were rather desperate for 3 points even at this point in the season and that this would be a good chance for it. If this is his general game plan for their season they are in a lot of trouble for sure.

Try and have a look at Sunderlands schedule. Their next 7 home games are against

Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and Spurs

So the expected top 6 + a Tyne-Wear derby

I can easily see Sunderland get relegated

Could very well see them having a different manager when we go to Sunderland. Should go for Holloway if Palace are silly enough to get rid of him...

Just ****ting himself every time he gets close to the box ;)

I think Fletcher could be the player Everton thought they had signed when they first got Jelavic. More or less a pure poacher, but he does that really well.

I think Fletcher could be the player Everton thought they had signed when they first got Jelavic. More or less a pure poacher, but he does that really well.

He won't do anything if he doesn't get the supply, though. He needs to agitate for a move to a better team

Like Palace but can't stand the whiny west country twunt Holloway. As for Sunderland they are the ultimate poisoned chalice, Bruce, O'Neil and Di Canio. Should probably bring back Peter Reid.

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 3m
DiCanio has launched a scathing attack on his players in the BBC post match interview. See it on MOTD. BBC1 10.20

DiCanio has launched a scathing attack on his players in the BBC post match interview. See it on MOTD. BBC1 10.20

He is already feeling the pressure. And with his temper, I guess he will lose the dressing room sooner rather than later. The players are either scared or dont give a f***. Short time it will often work, for a long season or longer? Nope. Kinnear did it with Wimbledon some 15-20 years ago, but most players nowadays wont response to it .

He is already feeling the pressure. And with his temper, I guess he will lose the dressing room sooner rather than later. The players are either scared or dont give a f***. Short time it will often work, for a long season or longer? Nope. Kinnear did it with Wimbledon some 15-20 years ago, but most players nowadays wont response to it .

Agreed. And the funny thing is, would Di Canio have responded to it?

And I think there was also some kind of controversy about how he subbed Ji at half time too.

I actually thought his players gave a lot today, it's just that they looked a bit disorganised and unsure of what they were trying to do. That could have been down to Holloway's tactics - AVB said after our game that he sprung a tactical surprise Andre wasn't expecting, so maybe he did that again today. One way or the other, it didn't necessarily look the players' fault to me, and may have been Paolo's.

Norwich's Nathan Redmond looks like a very decent player, 19 years old, England U21 with ton's of pace, not afraid to take people on, and quite skillful. Definitely one for the future.

Norwich's Nathan Redmond looks like a very decent player, 19 years old, England U21 with ton's of pace, not afraid to take people on, and quite skillful. Definitely one for the future.

Recommended him on here over a year ago. Would much prefer him to Ince who we have been linked with.

Back