• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

I hate to put a damper on things, but I simply don't see how appointing a manager with a 1.39 Points per Game Premier League record is a vast improvement on the bloke we just fired, who had a 1.95 Points per Game Premier League record.

Or am I missing something?

I hate to put a damper on things, but I simply don't see how appointing a manager with a 1.39 Points per Game Premier League record is a vast improvement on the bloke we just fired, who had a 1.95 Points per Game Premier League record.

Football's a spectacle if I wanted a points machine I'd just play football manager all the time without watching the games.

Pochettino's side looked a lot more exciting, entertaining, organised and well coached whatever it's ppg record was. Oh and he was managing southampton - pretty sure his points to £ ratio would blow Sherwood out the water

Yes, you are. Compare the PPG for Martinez in his last season at Wigan and his first at Everton, or Rodgers' last season at Swansea and this season at Liverpool. We'd be hoping that Poch would achieve more at a club with more resources, just as those two other managers have done.

Just heard on the radio that the Sun are running a story tomorrow that Spurs are after Martinez

Just heard Enda Brady (a Sky reporter) who does a segment here in Australia about what's happening in the UK say he's been informed it's Poch and announcement is imminent.

Quit it with the stats.

Last edited:

Yes context.. one had Southampton players the other had Tottenham players.. it really is that simple!

Context .. but since you like numbers (borrowed from twitter)

Record.jpg

twitter link

Pochettino improved me, says Clyne

Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne said it would be 'a real shame' to lose manager Mauricio Pochettino, with Tottenham looming.
Clyne, 23, is being targeted by Liverpool while Pochettino is on the verge of joining Spurs.
Despite bigger clubs awaiting the pair, the defender wants to continue his alliance with the Argentine tactician, who he claims has improved his game.
"He has been so different to any other manager," Clyne said.
"He planted it into our heads that even if we were up against bigger teams and bigger players, we could compete at the same level as them.
"He taught us never to fear them or be intimidated just because of their big names or their big reputations.
"He'd have us pressing high, keeping a high line, receiving the ball in difficult situations, keeping possession and basically having the confidence to play football rather than being afraid.
"The understanding in our defence was down to our training. We worked really hard on our fitness and our intensity and it showed in the games.
"For me personally it took my game to another level. It would be a real shame if we were to lose him."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/pochettino-improved-me-says-clyne#gG6FrlYSsK216czE.99

Back