• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

Lol what happened?? Were there too many posts in the other one?

I'll copy this over from the other thread so we have a starting point.

Who: Hertyid
When: 19th May
Where: COYS

From high up. FDB is back in the running.

You also forgot to copy this Cochise

A glimpse into the life of a Spur ITK

pd5v.jpg

Listening to Ronald De Boer this morning on Talksport it didnt sound anything like FDB is in the running! Be very suprised if its him.

Read online earlier that Morgan Shneiderlin is the latest Southampton player rumoured to be on his way out, having apparently told someone that he wants to play in the Champions League. I've already stated elsewhere how I found it strange that the Pochettino leaks were coming out so quickly given how both he and the club had kept quiet all the way up til now, whilst others on here also thought that the leaks were an intentional step taken by Poch to show the Southampton board that he wanted to progress with or without them.

It will be interesting to see how this develops as Southampton could quite easily find themselves in a lot of trouble next season if they let their manager and top players leave. It's quite feasible that the threat of Poch leaving may spur them into action and him staying on a new contract may well help keep some of the players happy.

Listening to Ronald De Boer this morning on Talksport it didnt sound anything like FDB is in the running! Be very suprised if its him.

FDB likely got the message from the Spurs board that we prefer to deal in private and don't enjoy telling the world about what we are up to. No doubt his camp are aware of this and also staying quiet.

Besides, if FDB isn't a shoe in for the job then he will be staying at Ajax, so having his brother spout off about him courting other clubs will just upset the loyal Ajax fan base.

See a link for Raneri. Tbh would be a very good appointment in my opinion and my first choice. He's probably one of the most used managers of recent times where ever he goes but still a very good coach.

Read online earlier that Morgan Shneiderlin is the latest Southampton player rumoured to be on his way out, having apparently told someone that he wants to play in the Champions League. I've already stated elsewhere how I found it strange that the Pochettino leaks were coming out so quickly given how both he and the club had kept quiet all the way up til now, whilst others on here also thought that the leaks were an intentional step taken by Poch to show the Southampton board that he wanted to progress with or without them.

It will be interesting to see how this develops as Southampton could quite easily find themselves in a lot of trouble next season if they let their manager and top players leave. It's quite feasible that the threat of Poch leaving may spur them into action and him staying on a new contract may well help keep some of the players happy.

I really like what I saw of Schneiderlin last season. He's a top allround CM - like Dembele would be if he could pass.

If Poch does go back and raid Soton, Schneiderlin and Lovren (to replace Dembele and Kaboul) are the two I'd like to see us go for.

Okay, rank the 3 candidates in order of preference.

1. Benitez
2. De Boer
3. Pochettino

However, I'd still be very happy with the Poch.

I really like what I saw of Schneiderlin last season. He's a top allround CM - like Dembele would be if he could pass.

If Poch does go back and raid Soton, Schneiderlin and Lovren (to replace Dembele and Kaboul) are the two I'd like to see us go for.

Yes v.good player although i would 100% keep Dembele.

I'd like us to go for Lovren regardless...

If we get poch part of the agreement could be we can't go back for their players this season

If we get poch part of the agreement could be we can't go back for their players this season

Soton are about £60m in debt. They'll need to sell at least 2 of their assets this summer, so why not to us

Equally part of the delay this week could be negotiating a player in with the compensation pay off (wishful thinking I'm sure)

Last edited:
1) Pochettino
2) De Boer
3) Benitez

Barely a cigarette paper between 1 & 2 for me, and 3 would hardly be a disappointment.

Back