• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

Which has been who in the past? Poss Jol.. I would say it was a major weakness in pretty much all of them..

AVB talked a good game on paper. Was also always very respectful to the club in his interviews, didn't rock the boat in that respect. I think in the last few years, he has been the only guy at the helm who was 'part of the plan.' Jol, Redknapp and Sherwood were all parachuted in as emergency measures when Plan A had gone belly up (again).

Gutted about MoPo. Such a lack of loyalty in the money driven world of the EPL

How about the guy they booted out on his ass to make room for MoPo?

Yep who had got them promoted twice iirc. Will be really happy if it poch my number one choice.

Bigger club, more press attention, fan interest etc.

I just get the impression , that Levy quite likes someone who is apt at being a good 'front man' for the club - someone who looks and sounds the part, whilst towing the company line.

still doing his badges unfortunately

Sky,0.jpg

i m not sure why Levy would impress on him the need to speak to the press if it's something the man doesn't like doing/see's a reason not to do.

I don't think that is an option if he joins us. The press would turn on him if he wasn't prepared to play the game with us.

So what does a Poch team look like from our current bunch of players?

-----------------------------------------lloris/friedel
walker/naughton----------kaboul/dawson------vert/chriches--------rose/fryers
-----------------------------sandro/dembele------capoue/bentaleb
-------lamela/sig------------------paulinho/chadli---------------eriksen/holtby
-------------------------------------------ade/soldado

???

basically yes.

he usually uses a second striker from one wing (Rodriguez on the left), a free roaming number 10 which starts on the other wing (Lallana starts on the right) and a midfield runner in the middle which is usually davis.

lamela will be his rodriguez, eriksen will be his lallana and paulinho will be his steven davis
adebayor as his pressing forward

although the notion of eriksen permanently starting from left really annoys me

I hope its

SANDRO DEMBELE
LAMELA ERIKSEN NEW SIGNING
ADEBAYOR

Last edited:
basically yes.

he uses a second striker from one wing (Rodriguez on the left), a free roaming number 10 which starts on the other wing (Lallana starts on the right) and a midfield runner in the middle which is usually davis.

lamela will be his rodriguez, eriksen will be his lallana and paulinho will be his steven davis
adebayor as his pressing forward

Cheers, how about the 2 infront of the back four?

i m not sure why Levy would impress on him the need to speak to the press if it's something the man doesn't like doing/see's a reason not to do.

I believe its actually a requirement by the league? Otherwise, none of them would do it. Not sure how many actually like it. Obviously there is some leeway, and you can have your assistant(s) do some of it, but at some point its part of your job. May be why Levy is sorting it now with him.

Last edited:
I like Eriksen from the left, he was very productive for goals and making chances. If we have a solid set-up, we can afford to just let him do his thing from that position, imo.

Cheers, how about the 2 infront of the back four?

Shneiderlin and Wanyama are meant to be their first choice two?? Wanyama I think is a bit of a destroyer (?), a player we could replace with either Sandro or Capoue. Shneiderlin is a clever deep lying midfielder who puts in a solid defensive shift, but also plays the ball about very well.

I don't think we have a real natural replacement for him, save perhaps Bentaleb.

Shneiderlin and Wanyama are meant to be their first choice two?? Wanyama I think is a bit of a destroyer (?), a player we could replace with either Sandro or Capoue. Shneiderlin is a clever deep lying midfielder who puts in a solid defensive shift, but also plays the ball about very well.

I don't think we have a real natural replacement for him, save perhaps Bentaleb.

I wonder if Capoue could do a job alognside Sandro...Sandro as the marauding destroyer, Capoue as the disclipined 'sitter' who can pass a bit. Bentaleb in for Capoue when a bit more passing is required?

Am I right in thinking that Southampton actually look more like this?:

------------Lambert-----------
-------------------Rodriguez--
------Lallana-----------------

Everything I read seems to say that Lallana is effectively given a free roaming role as a number 10, whilst Rodriguez works around Lambert. So whilst we don't like the idea of Eriksen playing off towards the left, he actually is in fact more central.

RE Shneiderlin: From what I have seen, he has a bit more about him than Capoue

I like Eriksen from the left, he was very productive for goals and making chances. If we have a solid set-up, we can afford to just let him do his thing from that position, imo.

I'd even have Rodriguez playing upfront on his own or even off of the striker. He reminds me a bit of Sturridge, raw ability, superb finisher. Him, Lamela, Eriksen interchanging would be gorgeous.

So what does a Poch team look like from our current bunch of players?

walker/naughton----------kaboul/dawson------vert/chriches--------rose/fryers
-----------------------------sandro/dembele------capoue/bentaleb
-------lamela/sig------------------paulinho/chadli---------------eriksen/holtby

???

Few tweaks for me, but essentially yes.

walker/naughton----------kaboul/dawson------vert/chriches--------fryers/rose
-----------------------------sandro/capoue------dembele/bentaleb
-------lamela/townsend--------------paulinho/holtby---------------eriksen/chadli

It's a shame Rodriguez is injured, I'd have loved for us to sign him in the summer.

Poch will turn Lamela into Rodriguez x10

Back