• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match-fixing Thread

They are wasting their time. They can never prove it unless the players confess. Remember the case of a former Liverpool goalie who went free despite all the proofs ? There have always been suspicion of match-fixing in the English league before and after that case but it is almost impossible to prove it.

Thing is though, unlike individual sports like snooker or golf, it's practically impossible to fix the results of matches unless there is huge scale complicitness (the whole squad would have to be in on it).

If anything it will be tangental stuff like first throw-in, or no balls in cricket.

I guess keepers are the main exception, as history has shown (Segars, Grobelaar etc).

Napoli at Chelsea last season - Chelsea were 3-1 down after the first leg and won the second 5-2 or something daft like that.

Thing is though, unlike individual sports like snooker or golf, it's practically impossible to fix the results of matches unless there is huge scale complicitness (the whole squad would have to be in on it).

If anything it will be tangental stuff like first throw-in, or no balls in cricket.

I guess keepers are the main exception, as history has shown (Segars, Grobelaar etc).

Referees have quite a strong input into games as well. If you knew the referee won't give a decision to team x then in the long term betting against team x should be profitable as team x will lose, for arguments sake, 20% more games.

Team x obviously would change from week to week.

Defenders can also make sure to make some proper mistakes in a game.

The point for the betting syndicates isn't to get a massive upset from having a game go completely against what was expected I believe. It's more about just skewing the odds in their favour. The betting companies offer odds that are in their favour, it doesn't take a massive amount to turn that in your advantage. A player or two looking to make some key errors will influence the likelihood of the result going the way the syndicates want it to go enough to make a profit.

Them not being able to secure the result they want every time is a bit of a red herring.

Jees..

If the scale of this is as large as they are saying it could have massive ramifications.. :eek:

Not just for the champions league game also the "several top football matches in European leagues"...

'The biggest payment to an individual was £121,000, according to investigators.'

Makes me question what the point was. That's like less then a months wages for the majority of PL footballers.

Forgotten where, but I read that all sorts of stupid bets happen...first team to get a throw-in after KO, first team to concede a corner, all sorts of things...who knows? I'd say that with regards to wages, etc, they'll be looking at clubs who have massive gamblers in their squads. I am not suggesting anyone whatsoever, but when you hear that players like John Terry are walking financial tightropes because of gambling problems, it's not hard to see 'smaller' bets of this nature going down.

Same here. Sickening. Remember being at the Lane when that scoreline came through that WBA had gone 2-1 up, the place was absolutely bouncing.
For those few short minutes I began to believe we were actually going to get a break and finish 3rd. It was gutting enough to lose out on the day, but to then see that sh#t on MOTD when we got home was a real dagger through the heart.

b/t/w that Lyon match has got to be one of the games under suspicion. The Chelsea-Barca game is the one played in England for me...Drogbas outburst?

This.

Worse still, some dingdonghead a few rows below us screamed YEESSSSS! right after the final whistle, leaving us believing the baggies had pinched it at the end.
When asked, he said 'no, Emirates Marketing Project have scored...'
Put it this way; he heard a lot of anglo-saxon language in his direction!

I PERSONALLY remain 100% convinced Fulop (WON'T CONTINUE FOR LEGAL REASONS). Put it this way, he left the country very shortly afterwards.

Man that Fulop video made me sick

fudging ****.
I'm sorry, turning around in your own box to punch the ball BACK TOWARDS YOUR OWN NET? Yeah, THAT'S a mistake that happens naturally. I'm sure the gale-force winds of a Midland May day contributed...I'll bet he didn't drop his bag as he hurried out of the dressing room!

Fulop's bizare gifting of 3 goals to the Scum was highly suspicious and was widely remarked on in numerous discussion forums.

It was easily the worst performance of a Premiership goalkeeper ever and it had a vital bearing on who qualified for the Champions League. I expect that the Police will be examining betting on this.

too difficult and too distant a memory. even these goals that won Arsenal third are unusually hard to find by now.

If anything this current investigation is only a tip of the iceberg. if FIFA thinks they've got the big fish they are deluding themselves. The syndicate as described in the article is still betting on legal sites through credit cards etc.

In Asia the underground betting is a common thing. The proper syndicate(s) have their own odds/payouts and millions of Asian dollars change hands every weekend based on weekend games in Spain/England/Italy. Everything done on a cash basis, with better and more interesting odds than the UK/global betting companies. There's lots of talk about other games e.g. boxing where syndicates are also involved in. We are there are bigger stakes per match.

This.

I PERSONALLY remain 100% convinced Fulop (WON'T CONTINUE FOR LEGAL REASONS). Put it this way, he left the country very shortly afterwards.

I couldn't agree more, it appeared blatant to me, unbelievably so at the time. I was convinced that there would be questions asked, but no.

[/B]

I couldn't agree more, it appeared blatant to me, unbelievably so at the time. I was convinced that there would be questions asked, but no.

Absolutely...it was Lasagnegate all over again.
That was egregious to the max, not even the dodginess surrounding the illness, but the fact that Scudamore denied a 24 hour extension on the game WHILE STANDING NEXT TO DEIN AT SCUMBURY!!!!!!!!! LIVE ON TELLY!!!!!! THE ****! I will never forgive Scudamore for this, and he was never ever grilled on it...

So yes, to see those Fulops was extraordinary. That no-one said anything? Even worse.

The first and third goals are actually just about impossible to pull off without conscious effort to the negative.

[video=youtube;m7k3qbgBVXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7k3qbgBVXs[/video]

What is Marton Fulup doing ?

We all know.

[video=youtube;m7k3qbgBVXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7k3qbgBVXs[/video]

What is Marton Fulup doing ?

We all know.

If this 'performance' is not investigated then we all know that it is a cover up. I was gobsmacked on the day and watching that video again has brought it all back. Cannot believe that there was no official inquirey last year.

Not this Fulop brick again.
Ben Foster got injured 1 hour before kick off.
How did that give anyone time to bribe Fulop?

The guy hadn't played in the Premier League for a few seasons, is mentally on the beach come the last game of the season then finds out an hour behind he's playing Arsenal.
He's a brick keeper to start with but factor ass this in and that's why he was awful.

Not this Fulop brick again.
Ben Foster got injured 1 hour before kick off.
How did that give anyone time to bribe Fulop?

The guy hadn't played in the Premier League for a few seasons, is mentally on the beach come the last game of the season then finds out an hour behind he's playing Arsenal.
He's a brick keeper to start with but factor ass this in and that's why he was awful.

I acknowledge that it seems weird and unlikely, I even understand it is a bit kooky, but we all felt Foster would 'mysteriously' be injured...who knows? What I do know is that there are two mistakes there which actually require focus to execute! I can't help myself mate...I know, nutty, but what can I say?!

Some Danish papers are reporting apparently that the CL match was Liverpool vs Debrecen and Debrecen's keeper was bribed to allow more than 2.5 goals in. Liverpool managed to score 1. :ross::ross:

Please be true.

Some Danish papers are reporting apparently that the CL match was Liverpool vs Debrecen and Debrecen's keeper was bribed to allow more than 2.5 goals in. Liverpool managed to score 1. :ross::ross:

Please be true.

Liverpool - helping the integrity of the game through sheer incompetence.

Please be true.

That would be hilarious.

:lol:

In an effort to find something even worse than Fulop - is that even possible? - this is what I conjured up.....

[video=youtube;ntXT-uvj-0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntXT-uvj-0Y[/video]

Back