• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Longest Thread Of Football (The Other Teams)

Re: The Longest Thread Of Football Talk (The Other Teams)

Reading's Brian McDermott & Adam Le Fondre have been named Premier League manager & player of the month for January

Louis Saha has signed for Lazio as cover after the Germany striker Miroslav Klose picked up a knee injury.

The manager of the month is the guy who wouldn't even start the player of the month :lol:

Loic Remy could miss the rest if the season with a groin injury. Was always going to be a risky signing.

I knew it was risky but seriously, that cannot be true! Really? Wow...

His girlfriend is even worse. Unfortunately i've seen her on 3 occasions in my life and she's the most obnoxious 'woman' you can ever come across. The last time i saw her was at a 'Little Mix' after party and she told a little kid (14 at most) to "tinkle off" after he asked for her autograph.

Tragic really...why oh why can't these fools just get on with their lives in a professional manner? As for Tulisa (sp?)? Put it this way; that's the fast-track to a short career.

Could be out for up to two months with the groin strain that he picked up in training. He also has relegation clause. Ooops!

Looks like Roman has decided to give Lampard another year, at least that's what the Mail says.

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Hutton's silky ball control skills please.

At his unveiling no less. :ross:

[video=youtube;eD4g6SUUvNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4g6SUUvNI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

:ross:

Fergie fined £12K for comments about the ref after our game against them.

Reading's Brian McDermott & Adam Le Fondre have been named Premier League manager & player of the month for January

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/reading/results

IMO one of the most deserved doubles ever. Only 1 loss in 9 since xmas and it shows just how good we are that we are the ones that beat them.

Check out United's home record, too. We are the only team to have taken anything from Old Trafford.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...utline-which-fan-chants-are-unacceptable.html

The Ibrox faithful were criticised after they were caught on camera belting out a string of sectarian anthems and other unacceptable songs during Saturday's Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Third Division match at Berwick.

Club bosses even issued a statement half way through the Glasgow side's 3-1 win at Shielfield expressing their concern over the chants.

And broadcasters ESPN also made an on-air apology to viewers who were offended by the supporters' actions as they screened the match live.

McCoist today urged fans to "behave" while following the Light Blues but suggested it might help supporters if they were told exactly what songs they were and were not allowed to sing.
He said: "If that eradicates the problem, then I'm all for it - absolutely all for it.

"Anything that would move us forward and eradicate that problem that we had at the weekend would be helpful.

"It might seem like a drastic measure but if it helps, then I don't have a problem with it at all. In fact, I'd encourage it."

Uefa issued Rangers with a 40,000 euros (£35,180) fine and banned its fans from travelling to Sweden for the club's Champions League qualifier against Malmo last season after they were charged with sectarian singing during a Europa League match at PSV Eindhoven in March, 2011.

But McCoist insists the club has been stringent in its work to rid its support of the sectarian element.

"The club has taken giant strides to move forward," he said. "The vast, vast majority are of that opinion and that is what we want.

"There is no place for yesterday's songs in the modern game, we all know that. They are unacceptable and there is no place for them in a modern society.

"We are doing our best to move forward and some massive, massive steps have been taken. The weekend was obviously a disappointment but I'm not going to get too carried away with that disappointment because we want to keep moving forward again.

"I don't have any doubts that the majority of our fans want to leave those days behind us.

"We will move forward, because we have got a phenomenal fan base who have been nothing short of fantastic this season. The vast majority of them know what is expected, because they are representing the club as well.

"It's important that they behave themselves and the club has a good image moving forward.

"I want them to come and sing the songs that get the Rangers team going but support them in the proper manner. That is exactly what we want.

"I'm very hopeful that this is just a minor hiccup."

Rangers return to the scene of their only league defeat of the season when they face Stirling Albion at Forthbank tomorrow night.

Brian Allison struck for the Binos in a stunning 1-0 win back in October but since then the Ibrox men have gone on to open up a 22-point lead at the table summit.

That has now put them potentially within six wins of the title but McCoist insists his only focus is finally winning in Stirling.

He said: "That was the venue of our only defeat this season and I can obviously remember it well. It was a very disappointing performance. Certainly it was one of the blacker days of the season so far.

"So we will know what to expect. Even at Ibrox I thought Stirling played well and made it difficult for us.

"But we are just concentrating on winning the league, not where or when we win it. I haven't even looked at when it could happen.

"Let's be quite frank about it. We have got ourselves in a great position to go on and win the title. Hopefully that is the case, and if it is, hopefully it is sooner rather than later."

Saudi Sportswashing Machine Sliding Down

Quite literally.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football...atest-ever-feature-at-st-james-park-0034724-1

Saudi Sportswashing Machine might be about to install the greatest ever feature at St James' Park
42 minutes ago
Going to live sporting events is great. The addition of slides for fans would make it at least 1000 times better.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine may be having a less than stellar season in the Premier League but somebody inside the walls of the city’s development board deserves an Alan Pardew-esque contract.

According to the Journal Live website, NE1 Ltd have lodged a planning application to install slides behind the Gallowgate end of St James’ Ground.

The idea would be fans could use these slides to move quickly from to the underground train station and car park rather than the long flight of stairs.

According to the report, Utrecht in the Netherlands already have the slides installed where they are known as travel accelerators.

If the council gives them the nod, the slides will be built in the summer.

A spokesperson for the city centre development company, Adrian Waddell said: “The slides are intended to inject some fun into the city centre and we hope people in suits will feel as comfortable using them as youngsters in casual gear. The slides, like our pocket parks, are designed to attract attention and get people talking.”

Quite how the famously shirtless fans will get on when they hit the slide remains to be seen but if it gets the go ahead we want these put in at Croker too.

ddf-image-3-397636588.jpg

I can't quite get across how much i love this idea.

Someone get on the line to Boris, should add these to the underground.

Last edited:
Re: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Sliding Down

Very apt, considering Saudi Sportswashing Machine's slide down the Premier League table.

OT Elliott resigns for sending racist text

Made me laugh, the total taco of a man they always roll out whenever anything racist happens in the world of football gets sacked for being racist himself

Paul Elliott, who was awarded a CBE for his anti-racism campaigning, has resigned from his positions with the Football Association for using a racially offensive term in a text message.

Elliott, the former Charlton and Chelsea defender, admitted using the racial insult ‘n-----’ in a bad-tempered message to another former Charlton defender, Richard Rufus. Both men are black.

Elliott yesterday stepped down from his roles on the FA’s judicial panel and as a nominated member of Uefa committees. He also resigned his position as a trustee of Kick It Out, which campaigns against racism in football.

The 48-year-old, who received the CBE earlier this month for services to equality and diversity in football, said he regretted using the offensive term, which he said sent out “mixed messages”, but accused Rufus of publicising the text messages.

Elliott said in a statement: “Earlier this week, a former friend and business colleague made public a text message I sent him, in which I used a term which is widely known as being derogatory to my own community. I regret using it; it is inappropriate and not part of my everyday vocabulary

“As an advocate of high standards of public behaviour, and integrity in public life, I know the use of this word sends out mixed messages and contradicts my position as a Kick It Out trustee.

“I will continue to be active in other projects in what I believe to be a true and just cause.”

A report in The Sun last Monday, in which details of the message were revealed, said Elliott was angry with Rufus over a failed business venture. The report

said Elliott’s message read “Ur a stupid man n-----”, and a further message said: “You dog. Ur history my friend.” Elliott allegedly ended the argument with a final text reading: “This will follow you scumbag.”

FA chairman David Bernstein said in a statement that Elliott’s position had become “untenable” after the report in The Sun.

Bernstein said: “I wish to

thank Paul for his dedicated and unstinting work, particularly in the area of anti-racism. I am saddened by this turn of events and it is with regret that we accept Paul’s resignation.

“However, the use of discriminatory language is unacceptable regardless of its context and in effect has made Paul’s position untenable.”

Elliott’s resignation prompted a withering response from Joey Barton, the controversial Queens Park Rangers midfielder who said Elliott sat on the disciplinary panel which gave him a 12-match ban at the end of last season. Writing on Twitter, Barton said: “He was taking himself ever so serious back then, with all his clueless FA buddies. Then loses his head and calls another black man a n-----? What a ------- imbecile. I cant help but gloat at his downfall.”

Barton also made reference to unsuccessful civil action taken by Elliott against former Liverpool player Dean Saunders over an injury which ended Elliott’s playing career.

“He’s the same -------- that tried to sue another player for ending his career. What an idiot,” Barton wrote.

Re: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Sliding Down

Great idea but I have visions of big fat shirtless Geordie blokes wedged on the slide.

Back