• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: West Ham/Olympic Stadium farce

I think the interesting thing will be if they go down and Orient go up which is very possible, then Orient get to block the move.

How does that work? I hadn't heard/understood that Orient had a right of veto but only if they were in the same division.

I've always doubted that West Ham will ever actually end up playing a game there. Its doomed.

I think the board plan to combine their businesses, they can use the empty seats as extra warehouse space to store their inflatible dolls. Save money on storage and the stadium looks full

I think the board plan to combine their businesses, they can use the empty seats as extra warehouse space to store their inflatible dolls. Save money on storage and the stadium looks full
:ross:

That's not quite true, thanks to Levy they are only leasing the stadium which means they have to pay an annual rental and only get a limited amount of the naming rights revenue.

Might as well be, the lease is for 99 years is it not. The structure will be lucky to last half that.

Very good.

That's not quite true, thanks to Levy they are only leasing the stadium which means they have to pay an annual rental and only get a limited amount of the naming rights revenue.

I know they are only leasing the stadium but they are the main tenents and to that end, they should be contributing a hell of a lot more towards its conversion for their usage.

If they go down this season then they have 2 seasons to get back before it becomes a major embarrassment

I'm looking forward to seeing how the season tickets sells go from year 1 to year 2. I'd be amazed if the whole thing does not blow up in there faces. And Tessa Jowell is the person that has cost the tax payer millions.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the season tickets sells go from year 1 to year 2. I'd be amazed if the whole thing does not blow up in there faces. And Tessa Jowell is the person that has cost the tax payer millions.

You'd have to think that the season ticket sales will drop off a cliff. The abundant supply of tickets is one factor, but this could be compounded by a poor match day experience. They better pray they don't go down or that's one less carrot to dangle in front of fans faces. I have a feeling that ultimately the only people who will be happy after this move is the owners, who have pulled every ones pants down (insert you own joke here...go on!!!) with regards to the price.

Tessa Jowell became a Dame in 2012 for in my eyes for conning the public that the cost of the Olympics would be estimated at £2.47bn, this then jumped to £9.3bn by 2007. She also made an almighty fcukup on the stadium design, which has gone on to cost the taxpayer millions more. Not to mention this..

taken from wiki

[h=3]"Jowellgate"[edit][/h]Main article: Tessa Jowell financial allegations
Jowell's husband David Mills (lawyer) has acted for Silvio Berlusconi, Italian Prime Minister. Mills was investigated in Italy for money laundering and alleged tax fraud.[SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP]
Jowell was investigated by the Cabinet Secretary Gus O'Donnell over the allegations surrounding her husband because of a potential clash of interest between her personal life and ministerial duties. However, O'Donnell stated that "it is the Prime Minister, not me, who, constitutionally, is the right and proper person to take a view on matters arising based on the Ministerial Code" in his letter,[SUP][14][/SUP] and Tony Blair decided she was clear of any wrongdoing.[SUP][15][/SUP]
On 4 March 2006, it was announced that Jowell and Mills had separated after the allegations began to damage Jowell's political reputation. Their professed hopes to "restore their relationship over time" rather than seek divorce have caused some to regard this as merely a politically expedient gesture to save her political career at the expense of her husband.[SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP] Mills allegedly admitted to being an "idiot" and has expressed his remorse about the impact of his dealings upon Jowell, who has continued to claim she was not in on the deal. The affair has been termed "Jowellgate" by some segments of the press.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
On 17 February 2009, an Italian court sentenced David Mills to four years and six months in jail for accepting a bribe from Silvio Berlusconi to give false evidence on his behalf in corruption trials in 1997 and 1998. His defence counsel said that the sentence went "against the logic and dynamic of the evidence presented". The judgment was appealed by Mills. On 27 October 2009, the Italian Appeal Court upheld his conviction and his sentence of 4½ years prison. He confirmed that he would initiate a second and final appeal to the Cassation Court[SUP][18][/SUP]
On 25 February 2010, the Italian Cassation Court (the second and last court of appeal under Italian law) ruled a sentence of not guilty because the statute of limitations expired.[SUP][19][/SUP][SUP][20][/SUP] The supreme court judges ruled that he received the money in 1999, and not 2000 as prosecutors had previously argued. He was ordered to pay €250,000 compensation to the office of the Italian prime minister for "damaging its reputation".[SUP][21][/SUP] Jowell said "although we are separated I have never doubted his innocence".

:lol: He was found not guilty because of a timing technicality.

As you can tell, I don't like the women.

Only good she has done is fcuk up West Ham, with help from the big headed approach from people like Seb Coe.

Fat Sam given a vote of confidence today.

Downing out injured until March.

West Ham's form is worse than that of Wolves in their relegation season.

Lots of reasons to be cheerful.

qncv.jpg

Still hurts to see that small, 1pt rise in the Wolves line around match 20 (the 1-1 draw at WHL). If we'd won that, we'd have been joint top.

Lets not forget the fact that they gambled big on Andy Carroll and are screwed. So screwed they have to go chasing free transfers that they released in the summer. Love the way Gold and Sullivan are pubicly stating their regret over signing him ("if we had known he would be out for this long we wouldn't have signed him" - really? who would then?)

Would love us to utterly batter them on Wednesday, we all know frodo and his friends will try and take over the Tottenham pubs etc before the match but where it matters on the pitch I hope we go for it and smash them so they are as mushy as their jellied eeeeeeels

As they inch ever-closer to the drop, that fat cnut allardyce gets closer to the tin-tack. Lovely.

Lets not forget the fact that they gambled big on Andy Carroll and are screwed. So screwed they have to go chasing free transfers that they released in the summer. Love the way Gold and Sullivan are pubicly stating their regret over signing him ("if we had known he would be out for this long we wouldn't have signed him" - really? who would then?)

Would love us to utterly batter them on Wednesday, we all know frodo and his friends will try and take over the Tottenham pubs etc before the match but where it matters on the pitch I hope we go for it and smash them so they are as mushy as their jellied eeeeeeels

They'll just take them over during the day when we're all at work like last time.

I hope that he stays on long enough to take them down

I disagree.

As much as I dislike Allardyce, his style of football and his whingy public persona he generally gets results. I think West Ham's best chance of staying up is to trust him, give him a couple of pounds in the transfer window and wait for him to get them results.

I hope they sack him and get on the manager merry-go-round.

I feel Wed could be a shambles, 7.45pm kick off, a week before xmas, so many people will have a whole day on the ****, it could be nasty...

I disagree.

As much as I dislike Allardyce, his style of football and his whingy public persona he generally gets results. I think West Ham's best chance of staying up is to trust him, give him a couple of pounds in the transfer window and wait for him to get them results.

I hope they sack him and get on the manager merry-go-round.

A local derby with Orient next season gets nearer by the week...

Back