• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: O/T West Ham Get Olympic Stadium

I really hate the fact that they're getting a stadium for free and having to pay bugger all rent for it.

Even if they don't sell out each week they'll be able to generate more revenue and be more competitive

I really hate the fact that they're getting a stadium for free and having to pay bugger all rent for it.

Even if they don't sell out each week they'll be able to generate more revenue and be more competitive

Not quite, even allowing for hyperbole!

They're stumping up £15 million of the conversion costs.

And they'll be paying £2-3 million per year in rent - a figure that is likely to be regularly increased whenever the rent is up for review.

Also, the lion's share of the stadium naming rights; a share of the catering income; and all income from non football events will go to the LLDC rather than West Ham.

But, yes, it is still a very good deal for West Ham.

Made me laugh they are giving away 4,000 tickets free.. at the minute they are probably doing that in £1 tickets right now with 70% of the Premiership games.

If west ham get relegated

and Orient get promoted does that mean that Leyton Orient can stop them getting the Olympic stadium? was having a discussion in the pub last night with a west ham fan managed to wind him quite a bit, seem to remember that was true though.

Re: If west ham get relegated

Yeah, I remember something about Orient complaining that West Ham only asked for permission from the PL to build a new stadium and not the football league even though they were still in the Championship.. I think it was their way of ignoring the "moving onto another clubs turf" rule! The whole thing was shocking really.. I would absolutely love it if Sunderland or Palace could get their act together and suck the Spammers right in there.

Yeah, I remember something about Orient complaining that West Ham only asked for permission from the PL to build a new stadium and not the football league even though they were still in the Championship.. I think it was their way of ignoring the "moving onto another clubs turf" rule! The whole thing was shocking really.. I would absolutely love it if Sunderland or Palace could get their act together and suck the Spammers right in there.

Well Sunderland have started their comeback :)

I would absolutely love it if Sunderland or Palace could get their act together and suck the Spammers right in there.
You don't really need Palace and Sunderland if every other club gets its act together. But then again, remind me of who gifted West Ham 3 points this season?

West Ham/Olympic Stadium farce

I've just read in tonights Evening Standard a full page advert for West Ham tickets.

v Sunderland Youth members free Adult members half price

v Arsenal Nearly sold out

v WBA Kids £1

How on earth does anyone think they will sell out at the Olympic Stadium, never mind the taxpayers will pick up the bill

Re: West Ham/Olympic Stadium farce

They won't fill it. Of course it's frustrating that they're paying **** all for it, but let them have it as far as I'm concerned. Never wanted us to go there. Half empty stadium with a running track, can't possibly see how they're going to benefit from it.

I've just read in tonights Evening Standard a full page advert for West Ham tickets.

v Sunderland Youth members free Adult members half price

v Arsenal Nearly sold out

v WBA Kids £1

How on earth does anyone think they will sell out at the Olympic Stadium, never mind the taxpayers will pick up the bill

Will be even better seeing how they manage to cover over the farce if West Ham go down this season which is a distinct possibility. The fact they only had to contribute £20m over x amount of years for the conversion whilst the tax payer picks up the bulk is just ridiculous.

Hope they go down this season and put it all back in the spotlight.

Will be even better seeing how they manage to cover over the farce if West Ham go down this season which is a distinct possibility. The fact they only had to contribute £20m over x amount of years for the conversion whilst the tax payer picks up the bulk is just ridiculous.

Hope they go down this season and put it all back in the spotlight.

That's not quite true, thanks to Levy they are only leasing the stadium which means they have to pay an annual rental and only get a limited amount of the naming rights revenue.

Even west ham fans i know do not want to go there, they were happy they beat us to it but only because it was us. Bit like left leaning people being happy when Labour win the next election then realising that no matter who wins we are still in the ****.

Was in one of the papers recently that west ham fans were moaning about how far away the upper tier was from the lower tier, a lot of them are not happy about it.

I think the interesting thing will be if they go down and Orient go up which is very possible, then Orient get to block the move.

think it's going to end in disaster for them to be quite honest

Even west ham fans i know do not want to go there, they were happy they beat us to it but only because it was us. Bit like left leaning people being happy when Labour win the next election then realising that no matter who wins we are still in the ****.

Was in one of the papers recently that west ham fans were moaning about how far away the upper tier was from the lower tier, a lot of them are not happy about it.

I think the interesting thing will be if they go down and Orient go up which is very possible, then Orient get to block the move.
Oh the schadenfreude that would bring!

Back