• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

So equal points and an equal number of games played with a plus 6 goal difference, so yes, things are now truly in our hands. Let's not frack things up against Aston Villa now

Up to us to really turn the screw. A chance to go 6 clear, before they travel to Soton and then play their game in hand at Chelsea.

That thumping off Chelsea might just provoke a reaction from Soton next weekend. Who knows, and Chelsea have got a bit of mojo back so that game wont be easy

Arsenal have a run of three tough games, but last 2 are gimmies.

need to really take advantage of it

Arsenal fans will be saying the same about our last 2. Burnley and Norwich. Could both be down by the time we play them.

Looking at the remaining fixtures it really should be a battle between us and Arsenal for 4th.

United still have visits to Liverpool. Arsenal and Palace, plus Chelsea at home out of 7
West Ham have Chelsea away plus City and Arsenal at home

4 wins from our last 7 does it

I don't see Arsenal taking more than 14 points (4W, 2D, 1L) max from their 7 games (excluding our game)...so that gets them to 68. Then assume they beat us, thats 71. Absolute max

So 4 wins for us and we likely take it on GD in the worst case. You'd like to think we'd beat Burnley and Norwich in the last two. So two wins from Brighton, Brentford and Leicester more or less gets us there.

Or if we draw in the NLD, then 3W and 3D gets us 4th on 69 points + better GD

Dangerous, but I actually now feel confident

4 wins from our last 7 does it

I don't see Arsenal taking more than 14 points (4W, 2D, 1L) max from their 7 games (excluding our game)...so that gets them to 68. Then assume they beat us, thats 71. Absolute max

So 4 wins for us and we likely take it on GD in the worst case. You'd like to think we'd beat Burnley and Norwich in the last two. So two wins from Brighton, Brentford and Leicester more or less gets us there.

Or if we draw in the NLD, then 3W and 3D gets us 4th on 69 points + better GD

Dangerous, but I actually now feel confident

gonad*s. We have parity. NLD is a six pointer.

No advantage.

I agree. Was that the season we had a load of Monday night games towards the back end of the season?
Although the Burnley game comes quickly after the Arsenal game for us, I'm happy that puts us before them playing the Geordies.

After we play Brighton they have 3 games before we play which is a bit brick, I'm glad they're difficult fixtures as they have a chance of racking up 9 pts before we get to play Brentford, psychologically that could be tough if a big gap is opened.

I said a while back....we all know where this is heading.....May 12th.

Yep, that was the season Leicester seemingly always played before us. From a tv perspective it would have made more sense to have us play first by winning games and putting pressure on Leicester.

Can see Arsenal beating Soton and probably United as well. Trying not to get ahead of myself but I don’t fancy them to beat Chelsea.

Back