• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

We've taken the most points since Conte was appointed, apart from Liverpool and City

Feels a bit more than just a run

We've also played more games in the prem than arsenal since conte took over. They beat brighton saturday, they've won more.

71 points is the average points total of 4th place in the last 5 seasons.

The last 2 seasons 4th has been secured with 66 and 67 points.

We could potentially finish with 78 points if we win all of our remaining games

I think 74 points gets 4th this season.

71 points is the average points total of 4th place in the last 5 seasons.

The last 2 seasons 4th has been secured with 66 and 67 points.

We could potentially finish with 78 points if we win all of our remaining games

I think 74 points gets 4th this season.

So we have to win all our games but 1?

The Arsenal game becomes the proverbial '6 pointer' - i believe if we beat them we could take a hit (most likley at Anfield) and even draw one of the other games and then we'd finish on 73 points. By losing the NLD Arsenal could only get a maximum of 78 - the big question mark is how many other points they'll drop - defeat at Chelsea and a draw at West Ham push them to a max of 73.

I think we can get away with a point at Villa and a loss at Anfield. I don’t think the Goons will win all of their remaining games. It will all come down to the NLD imo.

I think Arsenal will crash following the Palace defeat. They are now missing Tomiyasu, Tierney and Partey who have been three players of significance for them.
Add in the smaller squad, the youth of the squad and lack of experience.

Add in tough fixtures ahead and this will be a true test of the squad’s character and their ‘bouncebackability’.

I think they’ll choke as they were only winning matches against lower teams by a goal. And with that, plus the above, then I think they are set to fall. I think many of the supporters are nervy too which won’t help their cause.

This is the game sequencing taking into account KO times...goons on the right.

Brighton​
Villa
Brighton
Saints
Chelsea
Man U​
Brentford
Leicester
West Ham​
Liverpool
Leeds​
Arsenal Spurs
Burnley
Saudi Sportswashing Machine​
Norwich Everton

They have 3 games after our Brighton home game before we play again. (But tough games)

Although the scheduling of the Burnley game is close to the NLD, I don't mind that that their Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games are after ours on the corresponding weekends. I think they are much more vunerable to feeling the pressure than we are, and this helps.

You only just started supporting Spurs or something?:D

I thought the same about Brighton away, they had lost five on the bounce when we played them so was sure Dr Tottenham would surface yet again.But it didn’t.

Hopefully Contes Spurs can show we really are made of sterner stuff these days….

You only just started supporting Spurs or something?:D

I thought the same about Brighton away, they had lost five on the bounce when we played them so was sure Dr Tottenham would surface yet again.But it didn’t.

Hopefully Contes Spurs can show we really are made of sterner stuff these days….
Get a grip!:)

Now, I wonder what Villa fans are thinking:rolleyes:?

Get a grip!:)

Now, I wonder what Villa fans are thinking:rolleyes:?
https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22868-pre-match-thread/#comments

"I am dreading this one. If Son and Kane click then I think we'll be on the end of a 4-0 dingdonging and spurs are hardly ever "sexy" when playing us. I'd be over the moon with a draw."

"If the wife would let me I’d bet the mortgage on a Spurs win here. I’ve never seen a more obvious and clear result to a fixture before a ball has been kicked."

"Another side that just love coming to Villa Park and having their way every single year. Another sickener to enjoy infront of the Sky cameras."

"Hard to see anything but Spurs win whatever formation we play though especially with Kane back to his best."

"I think we'll get a result, if only for the fact that we've lost three on the run, and Spurs have won three in a row, for most teams form goes up and down, we aren't going to keep losing and Tottenham aren't going to keep winning. Might be a draw, but i'm hopeful of a win."

"Going to be an absolute horror show"

"I think I am going to be positive about this game, we raised our game against chelski, mann yoo, man c£ty.................It will not be enough though and we will still lose 0 - 3 (Kane, Son x2)"

"If we don't knock Spurs out of their stride, Like we didn't against Wolves and Arsenal.....we are toast."

"We are diabolical for large parts of games currently and occasionally have a good 20 mins. That is not enough to avoid a comfortable defeat against Spurs i fear. The scary thing is they are strongest where we are weakest"

"Hate to say it, but I can see them rampaging right through us."

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22868-pre-match-thread/#comments

"I am dreading this one. If Son and Kane click then I think we'll be on the end of a 4-0 dingdonging and spurs are hardly ever "sexy" when playing us. I'd be over the moon with a draw."

"If the wife would let me I’d bet the mortgage on a Spurs win here. I’ve never seen a more obvious and clear result to a fixture before a ball has been kicked."

"Another side that just love coming to Villa Park and having their way every single year. Another sickener to enjoy infront of the Sky cameras."

"Hard to see anything but Spurs win whatever formation we play though especially with Kane back to his best."

"I think we'll get a result, if only for the fact that we've lost three on the run, and Spurs have won three in a row, for most teams form goes up and down, we aren't going to keep losing and Tottenham aren't going to keep winning. Might be a draw, but i'm hopeful of a win."

"Going to be an absolute horror show"

"I think I am going to be positive about this game, we raised our game against chelski, mann yoo, man c£ty.................It will not be enough though and we will still lose 0 - 3 (Kane, Son x2)"

"If we don't knock Spurs out of their stride, Like we didn't against Wolves and Arsenal.....we are toast."

"We are diabolical for large parts of games currently and occasionally have a good 20 mins. That is not enough to avoid a comfortable defeat against Spurs i fear. The scary thing is they are strongest where we are weakest"

"Hate to say it, but I can see them rampaging right through us."

They seem confident.

I think we'll get a result, if only for the fact that we've lost three on the run, and Spurs have won three in a row, for most teams form goes up and down, we aren't going to keep losing and Tottenham aren't going to keep winning. Might be a draw, but i'm hopeful of a win."
At least there's one. :D

Convinced that all horses have a good chance because they have 4 legs and a head.

Form is a thing......and I suppose, so is completely ignoring it!

I’d expect Arsenal to narrowly beat Brighton which will put pressure on us to beat Villa. A draw would be a setback but not the end of the world IMO provided Arsenal drop points at Soton next week. I think we have to accept both teams will drop points and the table will be topsy turvy until the end of the season, most likely it will come down to the NLD.

The fact Villa have lost 3 in a row is concerning for me.

Not for me as they have some good players but this bad run appears to have effected their confidence so thats good for us that the good players they have are on a downer whilst its the opposite for us.

My biggest concern is whether one of our two lwb’s return or not. You could see the limitations of who had to occupy those positions against newc, particularly first half. Will be even more evident away from home imo.

This is the game sequencing taking into account KO times...goons on the right.

Brighton​
Villa
Brighton
Saints
Chelsea
Man U​
Brentford
Leicester
West Ham​
Liverpool
Leeds​
Arsenal Spurs
Burnley
Saudi Sportswashing Machine​
Norwich Everton

They have 3 games after our Brighton home game before we play again. (But tough games)

Although the scheduling of the Burnley game is close to the NLD, I don't mind that that their Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games are after ours on the corresponding weekends. I think they are much more vunerable to feeling the pressure than we are, and this helps.
We would preferably need to be at least 7 points in front after we play Leicester, as they can potentially get 6 points and us none before we play the NLD. We could then have the comfort that a draw is not a disaster, as I can see both teams winning their remaining two matches.
Otherwise we will probably need to be at least 4 points in front after we play Leicester, and win the NLD.

I think Arsenal will crash following the Palace defeat. They are now missing Tomiyasu, Tierney and Partey who have been three players of significance for them.
Add in the smaller squad, the youth of the squad and lack of experience.

Add in tough fixtures ahead and this will be a true test of the squad’s character and their ‘bouncebackability’.

I think they’ll choke as they were only winning matches against lower teams by a goal. And with that, plus the above, then I think they are set to fall. I think many of the supporters are nervy too which won’t help their cause.
Many of their supporters were well over confident before the Palace game. Talking about 3rd and that 4th was a foregone conclusion and we were nothing to worry about etc.

We would preferably need to be at least 7 points in front after we play Leicester, as they can potentially get 6 points and us none before we play the NLD. We could then have the comfort that a draw is not a disaster, as I can see both teams winning their remaining two matches.
Otherwise we will probably need to be at least 4 points in front after we play Leicester, and win the NLD.

That would be preferable. Any situation where a win in the NLD would see us above them after the game will still be good given where we were not that long ago.

Can only hope we keep up our good run and that they drop some more point.

Back