• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Aren't we better rooting for Chelsea to pick up form - they have West ham, Arsenal and Man Utd to play I think. They win those 3 then we are comfortable in 5th and destiny in our hands re: Arsenal and 4th. For us to catch them, they would have to lose to Utd and at least someone else which brings them back into it.

Yep and then Chelsea get chucked out at the end of the season anyway! Win win. :D

We have 2 of the top 8 to play. They have 4. 1 is us at home.
Hence why I said for a while they have peaked early
The excitement of beating teams you should beat gets people carried away
I think I’m tight in saying their record vs the top half teams is very poor
I believe they have 4 wins against teams that were on the top half when they played them… 2 be wolves and one vs us and one vs West Ham
Both west ham and wolves were robbed IIRC
But there are still a lot of points to play for

Been a long time since a weekend went our way like that.

And it's been a while, but, 4th place is back on our hands now as well as Arsenal's. Won't turn down any favours from other teams, but win all 8 and we would not need any.
Obviously that wont happen, but finally back in a place where we can control our own destiny

Plus if they win their game in hand they go 3 points above us with a worse goal difference. Beat them at the Lane and we’re ahead of them on GD with the same amount of games played.

However, lots of twists yet I feel, but this weekends been a great bonus.
Next weekend is a gimme for them

Last edited:
Hence why I said for a while they have peaked early
The excitement of beating teams you should beat gets people carried away
I think I’m tight in saying their record vs the top half teams is very poor
I believe they have 4 wins against teams that were on the top half when they played them… 2 be wolves and one vs us and one vs West Ham
Both west ham and wolves were robbed IIRC
But there are still a lot of points to play for
Wolves were robbed twice, but West Ham got dingdonged by them at the Death Star, deserved win.

Set weekend is a gimme for them

Whereas ours is a potential banana-skin like theirs tonight.

Think Villa will play an open game which should suit us. Not been a bad hunting ground of late. Match or better Arsenal next weekend and it truly is game on.

Arsenal have that tricky run coming soon. Soton(a), Chelsea (a), United (h), West Ham (a) against ours Brighton (h),Brentford (a), Leicester (h).
If we could go to Anfield 3pts ahead, that would really take some pressure off that trip.

But one game at a time as they say

Whereas ours is a potential banana-skin like theirs tonight.

Think Villa will play an open game which should suit us. Not been a bad hunting ground of late. Match or better Arsenal next weekend and it truly is game on.

Arsenal have that tricky run coming soon. Soton(a), Chelsea (a), United (h), West Ham (a) against ours Brighton (h),Brentford (a), Leicester (h).
If we could go to Anfield 3pts ahead, that would really take some pressure off that trip.

But one game at a time as they say
Villa are a bit clueless currently and happy to let teams have the width
But anything can happen in this league as we all know

Back