• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham target January swoop for French midfielder Vainqueur
By JOHN EDWARDS

Martin Jol is ready to strengthen Fulham's midfield with a January move for former France under-21 prospect William Vainqueur.

The Fulham manager has been impressed with a string of forceful performances from the energetic Standard Liege midfielder and is weighing up a £4million bid to bring him to the Barclays Premier League.

:)

also where is Rod Fani these days

TOTTENHAM and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have joined the race for Blackpool star Tom Ince.
SunSport revealed last month that Manchester United had jumped the queue for the England Under-21 ace after dad Paul met ex-boss Alex Ferguson.
But both Andre Villas-Boas’ Spurs and Alan Pardew’s Toon have registered an interest with the midfielder’s advisors.
Ince, out of contract in June, is keen on a Premier League return after being released by Liverpool last year.
The 20-year-old — rated at £8million — fits the bill for Pardew with his age and potential sell-on value.
Pardew has also identified Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko as a key target.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ccess-on-the-cards-for-AVB.html#ixzz2BhldTshv

A mate of mine is a Blackpool fan and has been raving about Ince for a while. I think that there is a better chance of him leaving now that Holloway has left.

It's funny isn't it. I could probably find a load of posts on how Willian wouldn't get in our team, Willian isn't all that etc. etc. when really, people just hadn't seen him play. Now all of a sudden, they've seen him play a few times and realise he's the real deal and want him in the team. The same was happening with Falque, hate for no reason whatsoever, when really, they hadn't even seen him play a full game.

i remember people saying how our youngsters would never get to prem level a few season ago, now we have kane out on loan livermore capped by england, caulker in the squad and townsend and carroll looking good.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/09/en/football/real_madrid/1352451219.html

J.L. García-Ochoa / Pablo Polo 11/09/2012

Modric has not as yet fully settled into the team. Just when it seemed that the Croat had found his place, after his performance against Zaragoza, along came the Champions League. Luka started, but he came off at the break with his head bowed, aware that he'd failed again.

Mou knows that Modric is struggling to settle in. Yesterday, Karanka was in charge of giving him one-to-one lessons, notebook in hand. The assistant coach is always in charge of taking notes on players' movements. Aitor approached the midfielder and spent ten minutes explaining some of the tactical aspects of his game.

Mou had already said that Modric would need time. He knows that he's come from a very different style of football and the pressures associated with playing at Real Madrid are very different to those at Tottenham, where nobody criticised him.

The Croat is also at a disadvantage with respect to Essien, who is more experienced and has already worked under Mou at Chelsea.

Modric's transfer was also a problem. He signed late and didn't take part in the team's pre-season. The player himself has admitted that the time he spent training alone to get match fit has slowed his settling into the side.

Modric trained yesterday with the other players who didn't start in the Champions League. As he only played the first half, he wasn't with the rest of the starting XI. He trained hard with the others. He still has work to do and he's the first to acknowledge it: "I can do much better".

No! I've learned...my...lesson! NO! Do NOT believe what ITKs say! Do not! Not! Nooot!

Aubameyang would be awesome, though.

Dammit!

Apparently, many rumours swirling that Fellaini will join Manure in January....obviously he'd be a good signing but is he what Manure need right now? Can he play the defensive midfueld role/cruncher role?

Hahahahahahahahah

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a £30m bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, 25, who has scored 79 goals in 108 matches.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/09/en/football/real_madrid/1352451219.html

J.L. García-Ochoa / Pablo Polo 11/09/2012

Modric has not as yet fully settled into the team. Just when it seemed that the Croat had found his place, after his performance against Zaragoza, along came the Champions League. Luka started, but he came off at the break with his head bowed, aware that he'd failed again.

Mou knows that Modric is struggling to settle in. Yesterday, Karanka was in charge of giving him one-to-one lessons, notebook in hand. The assistant coach is always in charge of taking notes on players' movements. Aitor approached the midfielder and spent ten minutes explaining some of the tactical aspects of his game.

Mou had already said that Modric would need time. He knows that he's come from a very different style of football and the pressures associated with playing at Real Madrid are very different to those at Tottenham, where nobody criticised him.

The Croat is also at a disadvantage with respect to Essien, who is more experienced and has already worked under Mou at Chelsea.

Modric's transfer was also a problem. He signed late and didn't take part in the team's pre-season. The player himself has admitted that the time he spent training alone to get match fit has slowed his settling into the side.

Modric trained yesterday with the other players who didn't start in the Champions League. As he only played the first half, he wasn't with the rest of the starting XI. He trained hard with the others. He still has work to do and he's the first to acknowledge it: "I can do much better".

That's complete gonad*s.

Schalke 04's Lewis Holtby will weigh up offers from Premier League clubs in the German league's winter break.

The 22-year-old Germany international midfielder will be out of contract at the end of the season.

"It will be a decision of the heart," said Holtby, speaking to German newspaper Der Westen. "I won't play around with the club.

"The opportunities are there. My agent has received offers. I'm waiting to make a decision."

In an interview with the BBC Sport website before Schalke beat Arsenal 2-0 in the Champions League, Holtby said: "For me it was always a dream to play in the Premier League and it was always a team like Arsenal that I would like to play for.

"Now I play for Schalke and I am happy to be here."

Schalke drew 2-2 with the Gunners in the reverse Champions League fixture, while he helped his current side beat Werder Bremen on Saturday to put them second in the Bundesliga behind Bayern Munich.

Holtby, who has an Everton-supporting British father and German mother, has three goals and seven assists so far this season.

The German league's five-week winter break starts on 16 December.

a player we should be looking at. Can unlock tight defences

Big fan of Holtby and have been since I saw him play for Mainz a few years back after they started the Bundesliga brilliant, real good. I thought England would try and get him in the national team but he chose Germany instead. Real good player and one I would not mind here at all.

pretty clear what needs to be done in january if levy wants to do his best to ensure we are in europe, either CL or europa

moutinho is a must.

kyle walker replacement or competition (not a squad player. this guy needs to at least push him for a start)

a proper link up man between midfield and last line striker. even if that ends up being another forward......or us moving one of our current strikers into that role. i thought sigg would be the guy but he clearly isnt getting any playing time so we need someone in there that is both technical and lethal and is AVBs first choice

pretty clear what needs to be done in january if levy wants to do his best to ensure we are in europe, either CL or europa

moutinho is a must.

kyle walker replacement or competition (not a squad player. this guy needs to at least push him for a start)

a proper link up man between midfield and last line striker. even if that ends up being another forward......or us moving one of our current strikers into that role. i thought sigg would be the guy but he clearly isnt getting any playing time so we need someone in there that is both technical and lethal and is AVBs first choice

Name names man. I agree a CM is a must but a rb? Walker isn't very good but naughton might be?

wait so you think we need a cm, rb and am/forward?

Moutinho isn't going to happen either as he's already said he isn't leaving Porto in January so what other realistic CM can we get in january?

Back