• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Name names man. I agree a CM is a must but a rb? Walker isn't very good but naughton might be?

wait so you think we need a cm, rb and am/forward?

cant think of any, i can pretty much see the holes and the problem in our team

maintaing the ball under pressure? BAD.....indicates lack of confidence, lack of technical ability, lack of one touch passers and people with vision / spatial awareness

the RB: doesnt really offer much intellectually and has a real issue being able to stop progression down his side. he can 'recover' after giving the offensive guy the time and space for THEM top decide what happens next......and quite a few times he sells himself too much...a sign of lack of confidence in ones own reaction .....he clearly 'gambles' where they are going to go to next rather than either limiting their options or dealing with whatever decision they make. and in attack he is glaringly limited. BAE is a better attacker than walker and that's saying something

unless we play with two up front....the link up between midfield to attack is not enough. dempsey doesnt offer much and this is even with ade playing. the game against Emirates Marketing Project highlighted dempsey's deficiencies or possible lack of confidence in his ability to pass or supply. the only place i can see for him is the left side of a wonky system

like i said , it would have been siggy...but he isnt getting the rub of the green with AVB

as for names. i cant pretend to know much about many players out there any more but for RB i wouldnt mind going with a bit of know how and experience in Srna

the other guy to play up front? llorente is worth a stab and ask Ade to drop deeper

Moutinho isn't going to happen either as he's already said he isn't leaving Porto in January so what other realistic CM can we get in january?

i honestly wouldn't care what moutinho says. these things can change overnight....make a move for him. simple. he was a realistic target in summer means he is one in january despite his lip service

If we got Moutinho how would we line up? Drop Dembele and keep Sandro/Parker in the middle with him?

i've been a big fan of moutinho for years.

can play practically any central position well enough. you dont have to drop dembele...you can play dembele next to him

you can play anyone next to him (that has some kind of contribution towards defensive duties, so no dempsey for instance)

cant think of any, i can pretty much see the holes and the problem in our team

maintaing the ball under pressure? BAD.....indicates lack of confidence, lack of technical ability, lack of one touch passers and people with vision / spatial awareness

the RB: doesnt really offer much intellectually and has a real issue being able to stop progression down his side. he can 'recover' after giving the offensive guy the time and space for THEM top decide what happens next......and quite a few times he sells himself too much...a sign of lack of confidence in ones own reaction .....he clearly 'gambles' where they are going to go to next rather than either limiting their options or dealing with whatever decision they make. and in attack he is glaringly limited. BAE is a better attacker than walker and that's saying something

unless we play with two up front....the link up between midfield to attack is not enough. dempsey doesnt offer much and this is even with ade playing. the game against Emirates Marketing Project highlighted dempsey's deficiencies or possible lack of confidence in his ability to pass or supply. the only place i can see for him is the left side of a wonky system

like i said , it would have been siggy...but he isnt getting the rub of the green with AVB

as for names. i cant pretend to know much about many players out there any more but for RB i wouldnt mind going with a bit of know how and experience in Srna

the other guy to play up front? llorente is worth a stab and ask Ade to drop deeper

Worst case scenario we stick Kaboul in there. If Verts can play left-back then why not try it?

This is if we need to cover for Walker of course as I'm sure we prefer the Kaboul in the centre.

Perhaps

Kaboul-------Caulker/Dawson---------Verts-----------BAE

Not even sure how long the big guy is out for!

Worst case scenario we stick Kaboul in there. If Verts can play left-back then why not try it?

This is if we need to cover for Walker of course as I'm sure we prefer the Kaboul in the centre.

Perhaps

Kaboul-------Caulker/Dawson---------Verts-----------BAE

Not even sure how long the big guy is out for!

Kaboul had about one good game at RB. Consistently got torn a new one by wingers , needs to stay in the centre

Forget Moutinho, if it couldnt happen in the summer theres zero chance it will now

of course it won't happen. For one he's said himself he isn't going to leave in january and even though footballers are not exactly the most honest people around WHY EXACTLY WOULD porto sell after they sold Hulk for big money? any cash they might have needed before i very much doubt they need now.

alternatives could be Dzagoev who looked damn good whenever i've seen him (although he plays further up the pitch than moutinho) but who else is there? Defour was meant to be an excellent player but Porto won't sell imo, hmmmmm?

alternatives could be Dzagoev who looked damn good whenever i've seen him (although he plays further up the pitch than moutinho) but who else is there? Defour was meant to be an excellent player but Porto won't sell imo, hmmmmm?

What about Isco from Malaga?

Looks class in every game I've seen him play (about 6 this season) and available with his buy out of £17M

From what I've seen he is the perfect player for us and is a bett player for what I think we need that's Moutinho (just my opinion)

Last edited:
of course it won't happen. For one he's said himself he isn't going to leave in january and even though footballers are not exactly the most honest people around WHY EXACTLY WOULD porto sell after they sold Hulk for big money? any cash they might have needed before i very much doubt they need now.

Porto will probably qualify for the knockout stages of the CL so again why would they sell one of their best players in Jan whilst they are still being successful

Porto look good this year.....Rodriguez, Varela, Moutinho, Gonzalez, Martinez have really clicked into place and going forward they are superb to watch

Back